Discussion - Invel General Discussion Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Invel General Discussion Thread

What do you think Invel's hidden power is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Character Introduction

Series: Fairy Tail
Name: Invel
Alias: "The Winter General"
Race: Human
Hair Color: White
Eye Color: Red
Affiliation
Alvarez Empire
Occupation
Shield of Spriggan
Emissary of Alvarez
Team
Spriggan 12
Status
Active

Invel (インベル Inberu) is part of the Alvarez Empire as one of the Spriggan 12, the protection guard of Emperor Spriggan. He is the emissary of Alvarez, serving as the Emperor's chief of staff and consul. His epithet within the Empire is the "Winter General" (冬将軍 Fuyu Shōgun) due to his cunning use of Ice Magic.

Last edited:

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Thanks to the postings of:
@Solitrine
@Emperor Spriggan
@Freya
and myself, we've put together a theory of Invel possibly being an Ice God Slayer and his true magical ability being able to literally "freeze" anything. From solid objects and living entities to actual concepts such as thought and magic, could Invel be able to even surpass DiMaria and freeze time itself? There are a lot of possibilities with this and i'm interested in hearing what you all have to say on the matter. Thoughts? Opinions? Ideas of your own? Post them here :p

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
@WithYouInSpirit If Invel is a God Slayer then why didn't Dimaria know anything about God Slaying Magix?So i doubt he is a God Slayer.May be he has a higher version of Ice Magic and possibly control the elements of Winter.This is good thread my friend.We can discuss here about Invel.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
@WithYouInSpirit If Invel is a God Slayer then why didn't Dimaria know anything about God Slaying Magix?So i doubt he is a God Slayer.May be he has a higher version of Ice Magic and possibly control the elements of Winter.This is good thread my friend.We can discuss here about Invel.
Even if she did know, what's to say that the S12 don't have a pact that forbids one Spriggan from revealing the abilities of another? i mean if he really is a GS, then DiMaria would probably know but maybe not (If she's not powerful enough). But if she did know then she wouldn't really just tell the enemy would she?

Takuan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Just posting to tell you that it's a pretty nice thread to make =)
Unfortunately my lack of imagination prevents me from saying anything useful to the conversation so i'll leave it to you guys. Amaze me !

By the way i think Dimaria knew of tthe existence of God Slaying magic, i think she just didn't take Sherria seriously and pprobably thought such a young mage couldn't hold such a magic. She thought she was only bluffing. AT least that's how i interprated it :zomg

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
I personally hope Invel isn't a Slayer of any kind, we already had God Serena as the Slayer wizard within the S12 and having another wizard as a Slayer would honestly feel a little redundant..
That being said though, there has to be something exponentially different about his Ice that prevents Gray from eating eat, that or Gray hasn't gotten the 'eating other wizards' element part' down, which would be weird since he isn't exactly the first artificial Slayer Wizard

MirajaneFan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
A little history long ago Napoleon of Framce tried to invade Russia with 610000 soldiers. But then winter came and it was cold that the soldiers were reduced to 100 000. Saying this they called the winter that defeated the army "General Winter"
Basing on this it could be possible that Invel is just a really powerful ice mage who could freeze and change the odds of the game at his will. Basing on what happened to Mavis it may seem that he could freeze thoughts and possible magic as well. I am doubting he is a godslaywr since his ice magic is not even black. Knowing that the hill where the guild was situated now was made of his ice. And the way he froze mavis' body, was nowhere near black ice.
So that being said I think invel is not an ice make wizard but an ice magician who could affect the magic, thoughts and even the will and heart of his enemies.

I just realized I conceptualized him like the cruel snow queen from the fairy tales.

I really suck at this.

GodOfDestruction

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Even if she did know, what's to say that the S12 don't have a pact that forbids one Spriggan from revealing the abilities of another? i mean if he really is a GS, then DiMaria would probably know but maybe not (If she's not powerful enough). But if she did know then she wouldn't really just tell the enemy would she?
How can there be a pact for them not to know each other's abilities if August knew Universe One

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
How can there be a pact for them not to know each other's abilities if August knew Universe One
I know that I didn't phrase it that way. I said the S12 might have a pact to not reveal their comrades abilities (if they know them) to others. I never said it wasn't possible that they knew of the abilities of the other S12
For example: if DiMaria knows Invel's magic, she's not allowed to reveal it to outsiders or any of the other S12

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Oh yesss an invel thread yesss ! For me I think that invel is either an ice God slayer or just a super powerful ice wizard..and I wouldn't be surprised if he was related to gray..
Oh dear lord not another family issues cliché. :derp
Even if that's a thing then Invel would take after whoever Gray's mother is since he looks nothing like Silver. And those eyes...

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
@WithYouInSpirit Nice thread you have got there. Actually Invel is growing on me :)

@natsulucy @Emperor Spriggan @MirajaneFan I agree with you three. I'd rather see Invel not being any kind of Slayer (not to mention god slayer). Firstly, his ice is not black. I don't remember a God Slayer can use dual mode (can use regular elemental magic and god slaying magic alternately). Sherria's wind is always black. Orga's lightning is always black. Zancrow's fire is always black. Secondly, we are talking about Mashima-sensei here. He is anti-mainstream and unpredictable. I think all FT fans guessing Invel being a god slayer is predictable.

My guesses for Invel's magic (a bit compiled from what I have read through the forum)... hmm... :hmmHis epithet is "Winter General", right? I guess he can
  1. make thousands of soldiers made of ice,
  2. change the current climate (blizzard, thick snow, extreme cold temperature),
  3. change the current landscape (as what he has done to Magnolia),
  4. freeze someone's mind. That, or his ice magic and his psychic magic are separated.
  5. EDIT: use snow magic like Eve or water magic like Juvia.
So far this is my thought. Wanna discuss his character too?

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I think Invel can bring hailstorms,blizzards and ice bergs befitting the title of "Winter General".These elements can defeat a large army.And also Hiro said in last chapter that Invel holds the key of the war.So may be he will turn the war in Alvarez's favour.

Vici

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
One of my Favourite Spriggan despite the fact that he didn't do much till now :blush
Just hope that his character from Cold and calm person won't change in some cocky bastard :whistle

could Invel be able to even surpass DiMaria and freeze time itself?
No just no :errr
I don't wanna see some Esdeath bullshit involved in here ( unless Invel will freeze everyone battlefield and time flows normal = Technically he freeze they time :P)

Invel Magic Personally i would love if Invel magic would be more Snow/Weather related ( mixing Water with Ice << Language Barrier can't let me explain me this much better :whistle:arf ) that would erase Gray possible advance of been Devil Slayer yeah of course he could freeze Invel Combination of Water/Ice but couldn't absorb it :whistle( I just wanna Gray break some sweat in these fight )

There is also Magic he used on Mavis..I can see these Magic may play big role in incoming fight ( Invel was able to control Mavis actions if i correct " My body moving on my own" <<< Whatever :P ) when it will be used on Juvia or some other FT members ( Romeo :whistle:XD ) :blush

I Hope Hiro won't make Invel forget that he have ability like that and that Invel will deliver soon ( or later :teehee )

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
@WithYouInSpirit Nice thread you have got there. Actually Invel is growing on me :)

@natsulucy @Emperor Spriggan @MirajaneFan I agree with you three. I'd rather see Invel not being any kind of Slayer (not to mention god slayer). Firstly, his ice is not black. I don't remember a God Slayer can use dual mode (can use regular elemental magic and god slaying magic alternately). Sherria's wind is always black. Orga's lightning is always black. Zancrow's fire is always black. Secondly, we are talking about Mashima-sensei here. He is anti-mainstream and unpredictable. I think all FT fans guessing Invel being a god slayer is predictable.

My guesses for Invel's magic (a bit compiled from what I have read through the forum)... hmm... :hmmHis epithet is "Winter General", right? I guess he can
  2. change the current climate (blizzard, thick snow, extreme cold temperature),
  3. change the current landscape (as what he has done to Magnolia),
  4. freeze someone's mind. That, or his ice magic and his psychic magic are separated.
So far this is my thought. Wanna discuss his character too?
Ok good points there. I'd actually forgotten that all Godslayers had black magic. But my main point is his actual magic not his identity. So if he isn't a godslayer I still think his magic could be based around freezing " concepts" not just solid things like Ice Make and other ice magics.
Weird thought but your comment about creating armies, made me think of Yamamoto's Bankai "Zanka no tachi" from Bleach where he can revive every enemy he's ever slain for himself to command. Funny that they wield opposite elements but yeah xD

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
I guess he can
Have you watched or read Akame Ga Kill? The strongest Teigu user in that series is an Ice Wielding one, and in the most recent chapters she made an entire army of Ice People to fight the enemies, Invel using it would be OP:o
change the current climate (blizzard, thick snow, extreme cold temperature),
This is like Aokiji changing one half of Punk Hazard into a permanent ice coated area...Invel did pretty much the same although his is a more impressive feat since he changed the temperature of a continent that was reduced in size...
Winter General should generally encompass a wider area than just basic Ice or Snow like most wizards of this calibre we've seen in the series, so I think he should be capable of feats like giving people frostbites and even creating blizzards even larger than Lyon

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Following up on my theory about Invel being able to freeze concepts, imagine if he could freeze feelings. That could actually turn out to be a catalyst for Natsu to turn into END! Perhaps that's what Hiro means by "Determining the outcome of the war. He could be the one to actually wake the demon

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
Oh dear lord not another family issues cliché. :derp
Even if that's a thing then Invel would take after whoever Gray's mother is since he looks nothing like Silver. And those eyes...
Lol yeah if invel is somewhat related to gray I guess he's going to be related with mika(gray's mother) lol..what about his eyes ?

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Lol yeah if invel is somewhat related to gray I guess he's going to be related with mika(gray's mother) lol..what about his eyes ?
Them Ishvalan feels tho :error
Lol I don't know its just that any time eyes stand out in anime/manga they have some supernatural properties

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
Them Ishvalan feels tho :error
Lol I don't know its just that any time eyes stand out in anime/manga they have some supernatural properties
I will laugh so hard if mika was with an another man before silver and she made a kid called invel xD