Support - Troubleshooting and Tech Support | Page 11 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Support Troubleshooting and Tech Support

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well I just need to call an Admin helpline and get them to just delete the account...
I can buy the one DLC I have again but... Well it just sucks...
Sony hasn't solved this issue in 4 years.... People move around. It's a fact...
The cons of this outweigh the pros

Styx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Well I just need to call an Admin helpline and get them to just delete the account...
I can buy the one DLC I have again but... Well it just sucks...
Sony hasn't solved this issue in 4 years.... People move around. It's a fact...
The cons of this outweigh the pros
Yea, this is pretty ridiculous. They could at least, until they fix it, make it so that if you provide proof of purchases they can move that content to the new account, delete the old account and then get you set up, but that's asking too much. Maybe there is an exploit you can utilize to get around the locks?

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Nope. Sony's got the whole thing locked down tight. It's beyond anything I can bypass or exploit

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France
Nope. Sony's got the whole thing locked down tight. It's beyond anything I can bypass or exploit
So there's nothing you can do but wait?
Sony really begins to annoy me:arf

Taorero

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem of mine.
I have a PS4 you see, and when I created my PSN account, I registered in Ireland (EU). But now i've moved back to Australia, and because of Sony's retarded lock on changing regions, I don't think I can use Australian PSN Cards to top up my wallet, or use an Australian Credit/Debit Card to purchase things online?
Get in contact with Support and try to solve the issue directly with them. They will probably ask a bunch of questions like where did you bought it, maybe even ask for receipt. Maybe you already went that way but just in case. That's what I can recommend right now.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Is there anyone using PhoneGap here? The app keeps loading on my laptop, since more than 12 hours.

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Is there any way to detect if I have any malware on my Chrome? it seems I got a malware which executes a new tab whenever I'm clicking. I've tried using Malwarebytes and Adwcleaner but the problem still persists. Should I reinstall my Chrome? it's very strange.
So it seems I have found a (temporary?) fix. Uninstall your 'Adblock' extension on your Chrome, and then re-install it in case you still need it. It's been several days after I did that and the problem has stopped. Hopefully it's permanent.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Ok, so I am having trouble streaming but the situation is kinda weird.

1- Youtube works perfectly well. It is basically non youtube streaming sites that don't work (so no anime for me)...
2.- Same thing happens using different browsers though with maybe slight differences in performance.
3.- I have tried updating my laptop drivers and enabling flash and a bunch of settings but they make no difference.

Since it seems to be the same deal across browsers I thought it could be something with my internet connection though so far I have no idea of what to do... Any clues?

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Ok, so I am having trouble streaming but the situation is kinda weird.

1- Youtube works perfectly well. It is basically non youtube streaming sites that don't work (so no anime for me)...
2.- Same thing happens using different browsers though with maybe slight differences in performance.
3.- I have tried updating my laptop drivers and enabling flash and a bunch of settings but they make no difference.

Since it seems to be the same deal across browsers I thought it could be something with my internet connection though so far I have no idea of what to do... Any clues?
Your ISP may be blocking them, can you watch videos using a proxy such as ProxySite?

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
It could be a global setting on your PC, particularly through the Firewall or a broken Flash install. What exactly happens? Does the screen stay black? An X on the screen? Infinite loading?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Your ISP may be blocking them, can you watch videos using a proxy such as ProxySite?
It's not working either. If anything,it's worst.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
It could be a global setting on your PC, particularly through the Firewall or a broken Flash install. What exactly happens? Does the screen stay black? An X on the screen? Infinite loading?
It just seems like really slow buffering/downloading. The page itself seems to take longer to download as well.

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
It doesn't sound like a data cap at all. If it was, it would be effecting Youtube as well. It most likely is a broken video plugin install (flash, adobe) or DNS issues. We can try to eliminate the other issues first.

1) Do you have any ad blockers, at all? A filter might have been turned on to block unknown video sources and websites from executing java etc.

2) Next, open up Chrome and go to chrome://flags. Is "disable video hardware acceleration" on or off? *there are similar options for IE, Firefox etc. It should be within settings for any browser. For Firefox, for example, it is " Options > General > Performance" I believe*

3) Next, open a site that has the problem. Keep track of its performance. Set your DNS in your router* (you have to "log in" to your ISP's router) to Google's 8.8.8.8 and test the same site. Slower, faster?

Alternatively to logging into your router, you can also try the Windows internet settings way of changing your DNS but the change will require a cmd prompt to flush prior DNS settings with "ipconfig /flushdns" without quotes, press enter. And then "ipconfig /registerdns" without quotes, press enter. Ideally a PC restart would be great here, but I don't think it is required. A fuller step which some run if the above does not work is:

ipconfig/release > ipconfig/flushdns > ipconfig/renew > ipconfig/registerdns
*all with enters after them.

A final test I recommend before investigating further is opening up CMD via Admin rights, type in netsh and press enter. A little drop down line will start with netsh. Next, time in "winsock reset" without quotes and hit enter. This will require a restart of your PC. What this command does is reset your Windows catalogue to attempt to fix internet connection issues.

I should also mention programs like bit torrents etc are known to modify and slow down internet connections even when you aren't using them because they are sending and requesting data at the same time as you are trying to use your connection. Uninstalling them or making sure they are 100% disable will improve issues where they appear.

There are also other bundle software that affects internet connections, like Pando Media Booster, which is installed alongside League of Leagues etc. Look through task manager for any suspicious programs and terminate them. If you open up Windows Key + R and type in "msconfig" > Services and Hide All Microsoft Services, it will be a lot easier for you to track potential applications that are harming your PC, especially media boosters or connection targeting virus programs.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
It doesn't sound like a data cap at all. If it was, it would be effecting Youtube as well. It most likely is a broken video plugin install (flash, adobe) or DNS issues. We can try to eliminate the other issues first.

1) Do you have any ad blockers, at all? A filter might have been turned on to block unknown video sources and websites from executing java etc.

2) Next, open up Chrome and go to chrome://flags. Is "disable video hardware acceleration" on or off? *there are similar options for IE, Firefox etc. It should be within settings for any browser. For Firefox, for example, it is " Options > General > Performance" I believe*

3) Next, open a site that has the problem. Keep track of its performance. Set your DNS in your router* (you have to "log in" to your ISP's router) to Google's 8.8.8.8 and test the same site. Slower, faster?

Alternatively to logging into your router, you can also try the Windows internet settings way of changing your DNS but the change will require a cmd prompt to flush prior DNS settings with "ipconfig /flushdns" without quotes, press enter. And then "ipconfig /registerdns" without quotes, press enter. Ideally a PC restart would be great here, but I don't think it is required. A fuller step which some run if the above does not work is:

A final test I recommend before investigating further is opening up CMD via Admin rights, type in netsh and press enter. A little drop down line will start with netsh. Next, time in "winsock reset" without quotes and hit enter. This will require a restart of your PC. What this command does is reset your Windows catalogue to attempt to fix internet connection issues.

I should also mention programs like bit torrents etc are known to modify and slow down internet connections even when you aren't using them because they are sending and requesting data at the same time as you are trying to use your connection. Uninstalling them or making sure they are 100% disable will improve issues where they appear.

There are also other bundle software that affects internet connections, like Pando Media Booster, which is installed alongside League of Leagues etc. Look through task manager for any suspicious programs and terminate them. If you open up Windows Key + R and type in "msconfig" > Services and Hide All Microsoft Services, it will be a lot easier for you to track potential applications that are harming your PC, especially media boosters or connection targeting virus programs.
1.- Nope, I stopped using adblockers a while back.
2- Yep, already disabled. I tried that even though I had no expectation this was the problem as this is a problem I have with all browsers.

3.- Going to look into that later today. I figured it could be something dns related but I had no idea of what I could do about it...

Ok, I deleted LOL (didn't find pando media booster), utorrent and also ran the netsh thing. There has been some improvement after that though it is still not quite well.... I also tried using google DNS though it didnt seem to make a difference.

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Ok, I deleted LOL (didn't find pando media booster), utorrent and also ran the netsh thing. There has been some improvement after that though it is still not quite well.... I also tried using google DNS though it didnt seem to make a difference.
Alright, that's a start. Without knowing what else could be installed, we can try to clean up potential corrupted or missing problems with the PC that those programs might have caused. If none of this helps, I have an idea I want to test out to see if it is something installed on your PC or a networking issue. See the bottom of the post for what that is.

INSTRUCTIONS CUT DUE TO TROJAN ASSAULT ON PROGRAM! INSTRUCTIONS LEFT IN SPOILER TAG AT BOTTOM FOR WHEN IT IS FIXED!

Once this is all done, reboot the computer. Now I hope you don't have a prebuilt brand PC because this part will need more figuring out, but we need to boot into "Safe Mode with Networking". This will cause your PC to boot into an environment that only loads and uses Microsoft signed drivers and limit the PC to safe applications with the ability to use the internet.

Once inside Safe Mode, open up the browser/s and go to multiple sites that have the slow issues. Test the speed. Get that info and reboot back into the normal boot of Windows and test there. Is it better, or worse? Just the same?

Also, for the sake of it, open up CMD with admin rights and ping google. You can do that with this command: ping www.google.com -t

Keep track of performance here. Does it time out? Does ping/ms shoot to absurdly high levels? Now, ping one or two of the websites that load slow. It is the same command but with the url of the directory of site. For example, if I pinged Mangahelpers: ping www.mangahelpers.com -t.

This requires an USB drive or a blank DVD. Most people have one or the other, so I'm hoping you do too. The step will require burning an ISO of Ubuntu to either a USB or a DVD. Do not worry, we won't be installing it. It will be installed onto the drive as a "live" test, meaning it'll be a fully operational OS on a DVD or USB drive.

To achieve this, if you are willing to test it out, we need the ISO of the latest Ubuntu. You can get it here: https://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop
download the ISO and save it someplace you can easily get to it. Next, download this program (I'm going with the USB guide but if you don't have one and need steps to burn Ubuntu to a DVD, just tell me and I'll help): https://www.linuxliveusb.com/

Open Linux Live USB.

You'll see a colorful semi-transparent window pop up. In the first drop box called STEP 1, select the desired USB (THIS PART IS IMPORTANT! MAKE SURE IT IS A USB YOU HAVE SELECTED!) and then in the next step, STEP 2, click "ISO / IMG / ZIP" and then search for the Ubuntu ISO you downloaded earlier. Now, skip the rest of the steps and click the yellow lightning bolt image. This will start the "install" process. When the process is finished, the program will tell you as well as chime and bring up the program's website telling you the USB is ready.

Now, keep the USB in your USB slot and reboot the PC. Unless your BIOS is set to automatically boot off DVDs or USBs, you will have to manually do so. Dependent on your motherboard or prebuilt PC brand (HP etc) this process will be different. However, it should be one of the F keys or DELETE. What we want is to bring up a BOOT MENU but not the BIOS. For me it is F9 while BIOS is DELETE.

Once in this BOOT MENU, there will be a few options. Look for the one called USB (or if your USB is named, look for it) and then select it. It will boot into the USB, which has Ubuntu on it.

Now you should be in Ubuntu. Exit out of the INSTALL screen of Ubuntu to the desktop. If it however takes you to a black screen with a list of options, click "TEST OUT UBUNTU FIRST". It will then bring you to the desktop. Ignore any further prompts to start the install process and instead scroll over to the left side of the screen to what is called the "Dash menu" and select Firefox.

Go to a few of the websites that have the slow issue and test to see if the issues persist. If it does, it is a networking issue. If it doesn't, something is "wrong" with your Windows install. If the later, it could be a virus, a stray program, a internet setting, a missing file etc.

EDIT

ABORT! ABORT! ABORT!

DO NOT DOWNLOAD CCLEANER! HACKERS HAVE COMPROMISED THE PROGRAM WITH A TROJAN! I REPEAT: DO NOT DOWNLOAD!

I have edited this post as soon as I found out about this information, which apparently was not seen important enough to email people about. Anyways, as soon as this is fixed (Talos says it is but I suggest waiting one more update", I recommend doing the steps but only AFTER the site addresses whether it is fixed or not.

Just to tell you, CCleaner is normally a very trust worthy program. It has never, to my knowledge, been breached before. Millions have used it to fix or clear out issues on their PC. I'm quite shocked this has happened...I hope it doesn't impact how people see the program. :(

INSTRUCTIONS THAT SHOULD NOT BE FOLLOWED RIGHT NOW:
Download and run the CCleaner: https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download and set it up so that it doesn't delete browsing history etc for whatever browsers you use (because that'd suck if you didn't).

You do this by clicking to the left the image of the little broom called "Cleaner". In the first window to the right, you will see a long list of "Windows" related applications and options and a tab that says "Application". Go through each tab carefully and deselect relevant options for your browsers. For example, I use Firefox so I deselect "saved passwords", "site preferences" etc. You want to delete things like "internet cache", "internet history", "cookies", "download history", "last download location" and "session". By default though the passwords and sensitive information should already be unchecked but check to be sure.

Once done with that, scroll down in "Applications" tab to "Multimedia". Select "Adobe Flash Player" and then switch over to the "Windows" tab again. Everything of importance should already be checked, but we need to scroll down to "System" and manually select "DNS Cache". Lastly, click the "Run Cleaner" button to the bottom right of the log window.

Now we need to fix potential registries bit torrent, pando booster etc left behind.

To the far left again, under the cleaner image you will see a dissected box called "Registry". Click that. And in the first window to the right, you will see a short list of things to delete/fix. Deselect "Font" and then click the button called "Scan for issues". In the next and last window to the right you will see a LOG listing all of the missing DLLs etc etc that it found. Deselect whatever you don't want it to remove and or fix (some things get removed, others get fixed). For example, it'll scan for any installers and delete them, scan for any unused file extensions and delete them. I would not recommend this, so for the sake of the guide, press the little check mark next to "problem" at the top. This will deselect everything.

Now scroll down and look for any log data pointing to Bit Torrent, Pando etc or any suspicious software. Check those and only those. Once finished, go over it again and make sure nothing else is selected (at best, if you forgot, it would just delete things. It would not hurt your PC!) that you want to keep and then push the "Fix selected Issues" button to the bottom right.

CCleaner will remove, adjust and fix whatever was selected.

Next, just to see what else might be causing it, click the "Tools" button below "Registry" and scan through the list of installed programs for anything like torrent programs or anything suspicious or that you don't recognize. If you aren't sure of anything or whatnot, get the name of the program and google it with "What is X" with "X" being the name of the program.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Ok, made a breakthrough: I grabbed the cable which gives internet to my router and connected it directly to my computer and.... it worked perfectly. And then when I used the wifi again it stopped working. So... it seems like my router specifically is the problem. I have tried changing some settings but nothing has made a difference so far.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Ok, made a breakthrough: I grabbed the cable which gives internet to my router and connected it directly to my computer and.... it worked perfectly. And then when I used the wifi again it stopped working. So... it seems like my router specifically is the problem. I have tried changing some settings but nothing has made a difference so far.
You can tell your internet provider if the problem is in your router.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
You can tell your internet provider if the problem is in your router.
It's not the router given to us by them, I don't think they would have to fix this one.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
It's not the router given to us by them, I don't think they would have to fix this one.
Well from what I have seen I think if possible use some other router and see if those sites run.

If it works then you may have to get one new.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well from what I have seen I think if possible use some other router and see if those sites run.

If it works then you may have to get one new.
That is what I am worried about. I accessed my router and tried to ping/traceroute the sites I can't access but the result is "Invalid IP Address or Domain Name" for both. And when I don't use the router (I use the same wired connection as my router) everything works perfectly.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
That is what I am worried about. I accessed my router and tried to ping/traceroute the sites I can't access but the result is "Invalid IP Address or Domain Name" for both. And when I don't use the router (I use the same wired connection as my router) everything works perfectly.
The problem is how can a hardware create software problem.That's very weird.Is there any computer engineer or mechanic known to you?
Btw @kkck don't rush to buy a new router.If it happens that it is actually software problem and you buy a new router and the problem still persists there then it will be bad.

So if possible experiment with another router.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
http://mobile.smallbusinesscomputin...Why-Your-Router-May-Be-Blocking-Web-Sites.htm

Seems like they gave solutions for your very problem