Games - Top Ten Game - Most Overrated Anime - They think it's all over... | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Top Ten Game - Most Overrated Anime - They think it's all over...

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
zimbardo what's the deadline, onegai ? :)
Try to get something to me by this weekend - I'd like to set the deadline for Saturday morning, but I am going to work on both Sat and Sun this weekend. I dunno how long I will be there, but my boss and I want to have a paper submitted before I offski on my Christmas holidays (so it's possible I might be super busy).

Last edited:

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Guess it's my turn to steal Peggy's game
  1. Make a top 10 list, to suit the category.
  2. PM that list to the host (ordered from 1 [the top of the list] all the way to 10 [the bottom of the list])
  3. Wait for the host to order all the lists and assign scores to the picks
  4. Rage as someone's shitty, off the cuff, choice beats your awesome, well chosen, one
Pics are scored as follows
1 point for 10th place on anyone's list, 2 for 9th, 3 for 8th... all the way to 10 points for 1st place.
so, if two people picked Itachi Uchiha for their lists of most boring characters in Shonen series - ranking him 1st and 3rd, for example - then he would receive a score of 18 [10 for the 1st place and 8 for the 3rd place].

The host, for this round, is none other than yours truly
I have made a list of the possible categories for this round, please pick up to 3 and I will break ties.

The list will be open until Sunday night - then you will have 1 week to post me the top 10's (and tag the shit out of anyone you think might/might not want to play [customary tags of gnut are obviously very much required])

Last edited:

Elusia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Interimception

I'll pick worst anime/manga characters, anime/animation and movies. Seems the kind of list that I'll have enough of it, especially the former, so we could see just how hated Kirito is in general :lambirb

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
we could see just how hated Kirito is in general :lambirb
I imagine the answer won't surprise many people.

As usual, any explanations for choices [in PM - preferably in interpretive dance form] will be appreciated and may be included in the rankings (if amusing/well articulated/the choice is of a suitably high ranking)

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
@zimbardo characters deaths is a great idea voted for this, as much as im fine with it, isnt a risk of being spoilerish ?
also does character deaths thing is about all fictions or manga/anime only, bc if it s for all fictions isnt it a little bit too broad ? manga /anime (+possibly video games ) sounds to me a reasonable size)

i have an issue with worst music in anime, i actually only notice good tracks, if they re not good my brain just ignore them :errr, i can only tell stuff like "oh but this track is misused, here , imo" or "in this scene they should have used a more impactful/emotional track" :arf

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
zimbardo characters deaths is a great idea voted for this, as much as im fine with it, isnt a risk of being spoilerish ?
also does character deaths thing is about all fictions or manga/anime only, bc if it s for all fictions isnt it a little bit too broad ? manga /anime (+possibly video games ) sounds to me a reasonable size)
Sure, it does run that risk.

Guess if that wins, I will have to find a suitable way to get around that minor niggle... even if it's as simple as just having the name, then spoilering in the slow process of their pitiful demise

... though, people playing the game will probably realise that they play at their own risk [with a category like that].

Manga and anime is probably best.

Last edited:

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Only negative picks in the poll :bnah

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Anime and manga are both chocked full of terrible characters!
Let's celebrate that joyous fact with a nice ranking from bad to worst.

Theme: Worst Characters in Anime and Manga

As this is but a mere interim for an interim, you guys probably only will need a week, at most, to come up with lists with more obvious forethought than was put into the characters contained within them [your lists].

Now, I won't stop people from posting that they are in. However, just because you say you are playing, doesn't mean that you don't have to PM me a list.
Should you wish to PM me a list and not advertise your willingness to join in, that's ok too.

Reasons for choices, although not a necessity, are more than appreciated.

Arguments about why someone's choice of a bad character is wrong - and how actually Royd Lloyd is a fantastic character, perfectly designed and totally devoid of faults - are important to a healthy thread.

Rage is an absolute necessity

Unless something comes up, I die, or someone thinks up a good reason why I shouldn't [stop], I will stop accepting PMs on the 11th - and start posting rankings soon after.

1. Make a top 10 list, to suit the category.
  2. PM that list to the host (ordered from 1 [the top of the list] all the way to 10 [the bottom of the list])
  3. Wait for the host to order all the lists and assign scores to the picks
  4. Rage as someone's shitty, off the cuff, choice beats your awesome, well chosen, one
Picks are scored as follows
1 point for 10th place on anyone's list, 2 for 9th, 3 for 8th... all the way to 10 points for 1st place.
so, if two people picked Itachi Uchiha for their lists of most boring characters in Shonen series - ranking him 1st and 3rd, for example - then he would receive a score of 18 [10 for the 1st place and 8 for the 3rd place].

The host, for this round, is none other than yours truly

Deadline: [some undisclosed time] on the 11th

Last edited:

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
As a small side-note
I begun to compile (sort and wrestle with) all the previous top 10 lists.

It's a rather large job, but I think the stats might be fun (statistics are always fun, amirite?!?)

Here's a little teaser using the first top 10 list we ever did
The circles represent the position of each film that the user chose - the vertical bar denotes the average [mean] position that the user's chosen films scored (and obviously, I'm sure you all know that the horizontal bars denote the standard deviation from the mean)

... for those who don't quite 'get' it: The further to the right the user's vertical bar is, the more unique their choices [of films] tended to be

Last edited:

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Stats :zomg

That does seem like a huge task but I’m sure we’d all like to see it.

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
When you are going through all the previous games and just can't make the maths work...
... seems that BluePegasus might have missed Farfalla's number 3 and Belserion's number 2 picks off the live-action scripted TV shows rankings
:gwah

I guess it'd probably be too much hassle for you guys to help fix this minor issue?

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Will extend submissions until a week after Faust has finished his round
Faust was quick, efficient, direct, just how I like it!

Deadline not extended - you have until [some undisclosed time] on the 11th.

... though, please don't let that stop you submitting/planning lists
:invalid

Last edited:

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Yeah, am pretty sure

That's the actresses/actors list - I meant for the 2nd round, the live action TV shows

Unless you were trying to link to posts 4741849 and 4736328?
But those show Farfy's number 8 and Belserion's numbers 5, 7, 8 and 9 - not Farfy's 3 or Belserion's 2

Last edited:

BluePegasus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, am pretty sure

That's the actresses/actors list - I meant for the 2nd round, the live action TV shows

Unless you were trying to link to posts 4741849 and 4736328?
But those show Farfy's number 8 and Belserion's numbers 5, 7, 8 and 9 - not Farfy's 3 or Belserion's 2
Ah, you meant points instead of positions. Both @Farfalla and @Belserion gave those scores to Dexter, and you're right it wasn't included in the full list as it was supposed to be here (I've edited it in now). Good catch! My perfectionism failed me.