Games Top Ten Game - Most Overrated Anime - They think it's all over...

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,996
Reaction score
18,572
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
zimbardo what's the deadline, onegai ? :)
Try to get something to me by this weekend - I'd like to set the deadline for Saturday morning, but I am going to work on both Sat and Sun this weekend. I dunno how long I will be there, but my boss and I want to have a paper submitted before I offski on my Christmas holidays (so it's possible I might be super busy).

 
Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hmmm karma for popping up on my thread asking about Beastars? ç.ç
That can't be. I was legitimately curious for the Farf take on the impending furry takeover. That's not wrong is it?
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
It went it‘s own original way different from the manga, and I liked it more. May be influenced by seeing 2003 first long ago, but Brotherhood felt like a downgrade of everything I liked in 2003. The beginning half shortened=worse than in 2003, and the later part less enjoyable. Think Farf described my thoughts well a few pages back.
Well I read the manga first in my case so I dont get that feel that much probably. I found 2003 first part way too stretched while Brotherhood did it way too compressed, then the second half gets out of tone, like it starts straying away of its original idea into something kind of... edgy (?) thats the word that comes to mind.
Matter of taste I guess.
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,534
Reaction score
21,758
Gender
Female
Country
China
Gry is the kind of guy that approaches you for a handshake and kicks you in the nuts instead.
Liking '03 over brotherhood, I can live with, but speaking ill of rin-chan? never
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Gry is the kind of guy that approaches you for a handshake and kicks you in the nuts instead.
Not true, I‘d say I‘m being very reasonably friendly and forthcoming :hmph
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Well I read the manga first in my case so I dont get that feel that much probably. I found 2003 first part way too stretched while Brotherhood did it way too compressed, then the second half gets out of tone, like it starts straying away of its original idea into something kind of... edgy (?) thats the word that comes to mind.
Matter of taste I guess.
But FMA always had more darker tones like with Tucker and the transmutation of the mother. If anything I was taken aback how second half of Brotherhood changed into a much more light hearted shonen-ish nature with friendship power and generally most surviving nicely(like the 2 chimeras that attacked them). Think 2003 is more consistent with that, though matter of taste probably yes.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,688
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
That can't be. I was legitimately curious for the Farf take on the impending furry takeover. That's not wrong is it?
Hey, Hardy has basque roots, I have a furry takeover on going in my life, I'm an adept!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I like the explanations for the Homunculus better in the 2003 version :emocat Wth is that mucha lucha Sloth original version ç.ç...
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,534
Reaction score
21,758
Gender
Female
Country
China
Hm I can see that; maybe themes and characterization are handled differently to the point one can express preference in terms of better or worse, but I think, especially for its era (much like say bepop) the overall story arc I think brotherhood tells a much more holistic story. It flows better imo
 

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,996
Reaction score
18,572
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
The prospects of an impromptu film-evening has forced me into posting this a bit earlier than I was planning...

Choke this down and prepare for the [rather predictable] number 1

2nd

44 points


Code Geass
Brandish (9) + Nii (4) + Organizized (10) + revo (1) + shinobi (10) + Ustegius (10)​
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
Hmmm karma for popping up on my thread asking about Beastars? ç.ç
Oh Beastars! Best of 2019.

Though Jammy didn't get that either. Apparently it doesn't have a thematic reason for anthro characters. Expect that it been all about instinct/nature vs reason/civilization since the first scene. In high school environment. Which is an age of passion and coming learn how to handle feelings.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh Beastars! Best of 2019.

Though Jammy didn't get that either. Apparently it doesn't have a thematic reason for anthro characters. Expect that it been all about instinct/nature vs reason/civilization since the first scene. In high school environment. Which is an age of passion and coming learn how to handle feelings.
Wasn't my flavor.

I don't really have complaints about it though. It was more about what I was expecting vs what it turned out to be. So that's more a problem rooted with me than it is the anime.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I feel like SAO is mostly appropriately rated at this point. Reki Kawahara isn't a great writer. Everybody knows this.

He's pretty good at creating characters and has some neat ideas to go along with them. That's kind of how SAO is where it is. A series that everybody wants to love just a little more than they actually do. Because there are things like the villains motivations in the first SAO arc that just aren't there. Just bits and pieces of the story telling that are either missing or don't fit together. Which, if you can just enjoy it for what it is, doesn't matter.

But if your the sort of person to take in and process the information the story is built out of, it will drive you insane.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii
Top