Discussion Sanji Discussion Thread

Are you satisfied with Sanji as a fighter/character in the new world?

• He is still the best/my favourite character no need for him to change

• yes he is well written and interesting for the story

• Yes but he should get more satisfying fights in the future

• yeah he is alright I dont mind him

• He is meh...

• He is a huge dissapointement and needs lots of training/character developpement

• He is a pain and prevents you from fully enjoying the manga

Results are only viewable after voting.

King Moe

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well he could be down but to be sure, we need something more information in the manga. Anyways, lets see.. my point is Sanji vs P1 without raid suit may happen too.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also, we've seen Zoans show way better recovery once they've been taken down. In awakened mode, its almost a complete recovery. If these zoans are gonna be awakened users, then P1 could be making a comeback sooner than later.
Pretty sure the type to finish the job if he snakes a bold statement chapters ago. Don't think he still be active with all signs so far against the other route.

Idk, tell that to CP9 who were defeat and knock out for awhile despite their certain members Zoans abilities. Then again PO has Ancient one, but still he was already screaming pain loudly from ease of Sanji's kicks, so if Sanji went harder, he won't last that long between their fight.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
I'm sorry to butt in like that, especially if the answer to my question has already been talked about. But in regards to that Zoan recovery thing, isn't it only a thing for Zoan users with awakened DF? I think that the moment it was said this about Zoan's recovering was in Impel Down, about Minotaure and the other Zoan guardians. Didn't Crocodile state that this recovery was due to the Awakening of their DF?
Are we sure that every Zoan user has a better recovery?

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
They have heightened physical traits in general. So to an extent, they do show a little better recovery.
BUt yea, awakening specifically brings advanced recovery...Of those, the guards in Impel down are poor examples of these, they never seem to revert back to their human forms. They are probably just Vegapunk's creations....

Awakened DF users outside probably exhibit additional characteristics.

King Moe

Reaction score
Country
United States
They have heightened physical traits in general. So to an extent, they do show a little better recovery.
BUt yea, awakening specifically brings advanced recovery...Of those, the guards in Impel down are poor examples of these, they never seem to revert back to their human forms. They are probably just Vegapunk's creations....

Awakened DF users outside probably exhibit additional characteristics.
Well don't think PO has Awakening from what we seen. He would have try harder after Sanji dish out pain back and forth. In that case he won't recover much at all as you said.

Its best to say he more defeated more in that case.

Last edited:

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
I dont see why its hard to accept P1 lost...This is facts. His job was to defeat the Soba user/capture. Sanji is back with the crew healthy. Meaning P1 failed & Sanji succeeded in his mission of dwindling down the forces of Kaidou & Orochi.

As to if P1 is off the map. We saw Sanji land 2 heavy attacks & managed to escape. It's Sanji win

Let's wait & see how bad the ass whooping was. But P1 did lose.

Reactions: Pea

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I dont see why its hard to accept P1 lost...This is facts. His job was to defeat the Soba user/capture. Sanji is back with the crew healthy. Meaning P1 failed & Sanji succeeded in his mission of dwindling down the forces of Kaidou & Orochi.

As to if P1 is off the map. We saw Sanji land 2 heavy attacks & managed to escape. It's Sanji win

Let's wait & see how bad the ass whooping was. But P1 did lose.
Get your common sense and logic out of here! Don't you see you can only criticize Sanji or make him look bad here?

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well don't think PO has Awakening from what we seen. He would have try harder after Sanji dish out pain back and forth. In that case he won't recover much at all as you said.

Its best to say he more defeated more in that case.
Yea, i am with you on that, but since its not confirmed it leaves a chance that Sanji left that area.

dont see why its hard to accept P1 lost...This is facts
Cos its not shown in the manga... Its not a fact till its shown. It is highly likely, sure....... There was no word on it in the chapter, only the spoiler said P1 lost which is what lot of people are riding on...

=

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Cos its not shown in the manga... Its not a fact till its shown. It is highly likely, sure....... There was no word on it in the chapter, only the spoiler said P1 lost which is what lot of people are riding on...

=

It is shown. Not in the desire many want. P1's job was to defeat the Soba user...P1 did not do that... Sanji's goal was to take out one of the enemies or deal them damage, hurting their forces; Sanji has returned in very good health...The winner is clear.

What we are used to, and what most want is scans of P1 banged up, or defeated. Or Sanji mentioning his victory with comments on his fight. It's not needed yet. We know the 2 objectives the characters had, P1 did not accomplish his goal, while Sanji , to which extent, we know and it's not farfetched to presumed he banged up P1 before he got out of there..Thats a win.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
@XXGenesis
My point is not on capability of Sanji. Surely he can but Oda has offpaged it so there could be more. He can just decide to show us the whole fight now, or show us a resumption of the fight at a later stage.
Nevertheless, its frustrating to see Sanji not get the fight he need. Even if its obvious or not, we deserved to see the fight.

King Moe

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yea, i am with you on that, but since its not confirmed it leaves a chance that Sanji left that area.

=
Though this isn't the first time Oda off-screen a fight and we get results later of the defeat. Look at Blackbeard vs Ace, Sabo vs Vice Admiral (Forgot his name), Hawkins vs BrownBeard, etc..

So its more likely we see a scene of Drake and Hawkins looking at Page's beaten body in next or future chapters. I wouldn't be surprised and again Sanji would have say something last chapter if PO is crucial on being active. He didn't which shows he did the deed on knocking him out for good.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sabo vs Bastile you mean?

He got one shotted, that doesnt make it off page.... Hawkins vs BB is something i can agree with, but they arent important characters.....

Anyways, lets hope we see a flashback. I really want to see Sanji in action, with or without the RS.

King Moe

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sabo vs Bastile you mean?

He got one shotted, that doesnt make it off page.... Hawkins vs BB is something i can agree with, but they arent important characters.....

Anyways, lets hope we see a flashback. I really want to see Sanji in action, with or without the RS.
Really? My bad, but remember it was cut off so we didn't see Sabo cracking his mask and laying him down if I recall. That was off-screen.

Sanji is important character too and with showing off the RS from Oda, doubt he make it dehype it like that when it's important for Sanji for it's uses as well Sanji's fighting prowess as well since he will later face off an YC from how it looks.

So far latest chapter, still nothing from the fight, but it's more unlike Page One is active now. If he was, by now he would have catch up or be around the area if Sanji never took him down. Time is moving on, so it gives more proof that Page is defeated if he didn't come to their area still. Plus Sanji didn't mention it at all and wouldn't leave his friends like that without mentioning crucial part of Page is coming to them. So happy to see Sanji did the deed that he set out to do :).

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
@King Moe

Of course Sanji's important, that is why you cannot offpage his fight. I am with you that Sanji can win, with or without raid suit. Anyways, lets not discuss about Sanji vs P1 whether it completed or not, specially since we are on the same page on his ability atleast.

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
That's a lot of ppl point. Sanji is important but has not seemed that way since Dressosa. & he wasn't stellar in WCI. ODA owes Sanji A lot....

Since the brief clash with Vergo which shows Sanji was weaker than his foe. Sanji does not get to redeem his pride with the fans, he gets a brief notable save the Day against Doffy but its short lived, he gets caught and almost loses. Which isn't to be held against Sanji, Doffy was the main Villain. But after Sanji is depressive during WCI, he never fights off Bege or Pekoms at Zou. & Oda doesn't have Sanji defeat anyone noteworthy from BMP Ministers. Bobbin was a 100k pirate, that's more Fishman island type fodder. He barely saves Luffy getting help from his family he hates....Fast foward to Wano, Oda is off screening Sanji taking the opportunity to defeat a Beast Pirate member, & shows his RS....

ODA needs to stop the shit, & give Sanji some more respect.

Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I dunno, I think Oda tried to give Sanji enough respect. Oda had Doflamingo compliment Sanji, and he showed us that Luffy's Gear 4 was what saved him from Doflamingo binding him up, the same thing he did to Sanji. Even against Vergo we see Sanji moving around like he never was in a fight, and Sanji was forced to go along with Bege in Zou because blackmail.

And Sanji still saved Luffy, despite the overwhelming numbers (which even Luffy couldn't deal with before he and Nami got captured).

Lexusflame

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sanji gets plenty of respect it's just that people refuse to acknowledge his accomplishments or down play the feat he does have to suit a certain narrative.

If Sanji was valued unbiasedly, he wouldn't get the kind of disrespect seen currently.

Oda does plenty for Sanji, he cant control how his reads choose to negatively view him

I dunno, I think Oda tried to give Sanji enough respect. Oda had Doflamingo compliment Sanji, and he showed us that Luffy's Gear 4 was what saved him from Doflamingo binding him up, the same thing he did to Sanji. Even against Vergo we see Sanji moving around like he never was in a fight, and Sanji was forced to go along with Bege in Zou because blackmail.

And Sanji still saved Luffy, despite the overwhelming numbers (which even Luffy couldn't deal with before he and Nami got captured).
Well said

King Moe

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sanji gets plenty of respect it's just that people refuse to acknowledge his accomplishments or down play the feat he does have to suit a certain narrative.

If Sanji was valued unbiasedly, he wouldn't get the kind of disrespect seen currently.

Oda does plenty for Sanji, he cant control how his reads choose to negatively view him

Well said
Good thing it's minority who think that and not overall fanbase as I seen other sites giving Sanji his dues and while I get the lack of fighting, it's hardly bad as those try to make out and his character development as been quite spot-on with him too.

Last edited by a moderator:

thedude

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
That's a lot of ppl point. Sanji is important but has not seemed that way since Dressosa. & he wasn't stellar in WCI. ODA owes Sanji A lot....

Since the brief clash with Vergo which shows Sanji was weaker than his foe. Sanji does not get to redeem his pride with the fans, he gets a brief notable save the Day against Doffy but its short lived, he gets caught and almost loses. Which isn't to be held against Sanji, Doffy was the main Villain. But after Sanji is depressive during WCI, he never fights off Bege or Pekoms at Zou. & Oda doesn't have Sanji defeat anyone noteworthy from BMP Ministers. Bobbin was a 100k pirate, that's more Fishman island type fodder. He barely saves Luffy getting help from his family he hates....Fast foward to Wano, Oda is off screening Sanji taking the opportunity to defeat a Beast Pirate member, & shows his RS....

ODA needs to stop the shit, & give Sanji some more respect.
Counterpoint to that - Sanji was shown important in Dressrosa, being trusted to "take care" of the other crew members, even given permission to attack a Yonko ship. The "swirly brow" crew was important there because keeping Momo away from Doflamingo was key to their plan.

Good thing it's minority (Especially an 'certain group' of fans we known) who think that and not overall fanbase as I seen other sites giving Sanji his dues and while I get the lack of fighting, it's hardly bad as those try to make out and his character development as been quite spot-on with him too.
I think it's a very small vocal online minority. Online you have hyper Zoro fans and hyper Sanji fans, but in the real world, most One Piece fans like all the Straw Hats. It's just online distorts it sometimes. People love to argue, and they think hyping one requires crapping on the other.

And it doesn't even matter in the end, because everyone knows Usopp is the most interesting Straw Hat anyway!

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Counterpoint to that - Sanji was shown important in Dressrosa, being trusted to "take care" of the other crew members, even given permission to attack a Yonko ship. The "swirly brow" crew was important there because keeping Momo away from Doflamingo was key to their plan.
He was trusted to take care of other crew members, protecting Momo, & escaping BM ship. Even given permission to attack BM ship...Glad you said all of that. Plz in your own words explain to me what happened before that & afyer that in reference to Sanji..

I'll go 1st..He intercepted Doffy at a key time but honestly Doffy's DF basically owned him. Sorry, he got caught & was helpless. It was Law who saved him, from a deadly attack.

After a group effort of escaping from He's ship. Sanji before he is even blackmailed is Son's by Capone..No resistance, I was froathing from the mouth with Sanji's balls shriveled up.

Now I'll let you explain what happened..Before & After

I think it's a very small vocal online minority. Online you have hyper Zoro fans and hyper Sanji fans, but in the real world, most One Piece fans like all the Straw Hats. It's just online distorts it sometimes. People love to argue, and they think hyping one requires crapping on the other.

And it doesn't even matter in the end, because everyone knows Usopp is the most interesting Straw Hat anyway!
You are right majority ppl love & like all of the SH. We all may have our Fav or fav pairing. But its known in the fandom that Zoro is stronger, Sanji isnt far behind..& When luffy doesnt have Solo adventures Zoro is just behind him.

If you incite ppl with fan boyish [not directing this to you;General statement] statements. No backing ya arguement & downplay other characer(s) feats, just to make another not look bad is foolish on this forum. Its not tolerated by many.

Listen..sanji imo and many has not been written well until Wano arc. Other characters deats dint natter except that the author is handling them well. For some reason Sanji's heat lv aint so hot.

The main convo was that sanji's action will cause a tear in the group later on. Its not a far fetched opinion and it has root based un Luffy just being so forgiving and being more of a reliable ass friend than a Captain. Oda seems to be putting it off, whixh makes sense, with the current plot. But who knows whatll happen in Wano.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Sanji's action isn't going to cause a tear in the group. Almost everyone else has met with Sanji, and they had no problem with him. Zoro likely won't either, he hasn't shown any signs of anger or hostility in regards to Sanji. Just seems like another point to whine about with Sanji.