Discussion - Sanji Discussion Thread | Page 53 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Sanji Discussion Thread

Who will be Sanji's main opponent during the Raid on Onigashima?

• Total voters

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sanji gets plenty of respect it's just that people refuse to acknowledge his accomplishments or down play the feat he does have to suit a certain narrative.

If Sanji was valued unbiasedly, he wouldn't get the kind of disrespect seen currently.

Oda does plenty for Sanji, he cant control how his reads choose to negatively view him
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Well said
Good thing it's minority who think that and not overall fanbase as I seen other sites giving Sanji his dues and while I get the lack of fighting, it's hardly bad as those try to make out and his character development as been quite spot-on with him too.

Last edited by a moderator:

thedude

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
That's a lot of ppl point. Sanji is important but has not seemed that way since Dressosa. & he wasn't stellar in WCI. ODA owes Sanji A lot....

Since the brief clash with Vergo which shows Sanji was weaker than his foe. Sanji does not get to redeem his pride with the fans, he gets a brief notable save the Day against Doffy but its short lived, he gets caught and almost loses. Which isn't to be held against Sanji, Doffy was the main Villain. But after Sanji is depressive during WCI, he never fights off Bege or Pekoms at Zou. & Oda doesn't have Sanji defeat anyone noteworthy from BMP Ministers. Bobbin was a 100k pirate, that's more Fishman island type fodder. He barely saves Luffy getting help from his family he hates....Fast foward to Wano, Oda is off screening Sanji taking the opportunity to defeat a Beast Pirate member, & shows his RS....

ODA needs to stop the shit, & give Sanji some more respect.
Counterpoint to that - Sanji was shown important in Dressrosa, being trusted to "take care" of the other crew members, even given permission to attack a Yonko ship. The "swirly brow" crew was important there because keeping Momo away from Doflamingo was key to their plan.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Good thing it's minority (Especially an 'certain group' of fans we known) who think that and not overall fanbase as I seen other sites giving Sanji his dues and while I get the lack of fighting, it's hardly bad as those try to make out and his character development as been quite spot-on with him too.
I think it's a very small vocal online minority. Online you have hyper Zoro fans and hyper Sanji fans, but in the real world, most One Piece fans like all the Straw Hats. It's just online distorts it sometimes. People love to argue, and they think hyping one requires crapping on the other.

And it doesn't even matter in the end, because everyone knows Usopp is the most interesting Straw Hat anyway!

XXGenesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Counterpoint to that - Sanji was shown important in Dressrosa, being trusted to "take care" of the other crew members, even given permission to attack a Yonko ship. The "swirly brow" crew was important there because keeping Momo away from Doflamingo was key to their plan.
He was trusted to take care of other crew members, protecting Momo, & escaping BM ship. Even given permission to attack BM ship...Glad you said all of that. Plz in your own words explain to me what happened before that & afyer that in reference to Sanji..

I'll go 1st..He intercepted Doffy at a key time but honestly Doffy's DF basically owned him. Sorry, he got caught & was helpless. It was Law who saved him, from a deadly attack.

After a group effort of escaping from He's ship. Sanji before he is even blackmailed is Son's by Capone..No resistance, I was froathing from the mouth with Sanji's balls shriveled up.

Now I'll let you explain what happened..Before & After

I think it's a very small vocal online minority. Online you have hyper Zoro fans and hyper Sanji fans, but in the real world, most One Piece fans like all the Straw Hats. It's just online distorts it sometimes. People love to argue, and they think hyping one requires crapping on the other.

And it doesn't even matter in the end, because everyone knows Usopp is the most interesting Straw Hat anyway!
You are right majority ppl love & like all of the SH. We all may have our Fav or fav pairing. But its known in the fandom that Zoro is stronger, Sanji isnt far behind..& When luffy doesnt have Solo adventures Zoro is just behind him.

If you incite ppl with fan boyish [not directing this to you;General statement] statements. No backing ya arguement & downplay other characer(s) feats, just to make another not look bad is foolish on this forum. Its not tolerated by many.

Listen..sanji imo and many has not been written well until Wano arc. Other characters deats dint natter except that the author is handling them well. For some reason Sanji's heat lv aint so hot.

The main convo was that sanji's action will cause a tear in the group later on. Its not a far fetched opinion and it has root based un Luffy just being so forgiving and being more of a reliable ass friend than a Captain. Oda seems to be putting it off, whixh makes sense, with the current plot. But who knows whatll happen in Wano.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Sanji's action isn't going to cause a tear in the group. Almost everyone else has met with Sanji, and they had no problem with him. Zoro likely won't either, he hasn't shown any signs of anger or hostility in regards to Sanji. Just seems like another point to whine about with Sanji.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sanji's action isn't going to cause a tear in the group. Almost everyone else has met with Sanji, and they had no problem with him. Zoro likely won't either, he hasn't shown any signs of anger or hostility in regards to Sanji. Just seems like another point to whine about with Sanji.
Think we going to have a big moment with them together as Oda continues to keep them away, but more development and friendship between them. Possibly a tag team with them vs YCs as it shaping up to be.

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
Right, Zoro and Sanji have their "sibling rivalry", but they have always shown trust and respect in each others strength. I really don't see Oda going back to the "Usopp leaves the crew" well, he has done that already. The crew knows Sanji's reasons, they are glad they were able to help him and his family, and that's basically that.

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France
Zoro didn't hear the details yet, and the part where sanji "publicly disrespected and tried to hurt his captain to the best of his ability" I am not sold on the happy reunion thing just yet but we shall see.

@thedude Well Oda did the "stolen sword" thing already didn't stop him from pulling it off again. Mutny and internal conflicts are a big part of pirate life having it appear multiple times in a soon to be 1000 chapters+ story is believable

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
I haven't weighed in on the Zoro Sanji reunion because frankly, I really just dont care... But I'm gunna lol

I think theres going to be an angry exchange of words and a clash. I don't think it's going to effect Wano moving forward and as such pointless to the overall arc.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
I haven't weighed in on the Zoro Sanji reunion because frankly, I really just dont care... But I'm gunna lol

I think theres going to be an angry exchange of words and a clash. I don't think it's going to effect Wano moving forward and as such pointless to the overall arc.
Zoro doesn't really can't talk on causing 'problems' when he is causing problems by making the first move and helping Luffy for a town. Plus he hasn't done much to aid in mission compare to Sanji who is working hard. I don't think it get to a point of fighting, but if it do, but go aligns with that especially Sanji's case is not the same as with Usopp's and is more to Nami's and Robin's type of 'leaving' instead. So that can happen in them verbally and physically fighting back and forth. Though still see them having an 'Bro' moment and teaming up in their battles until or all the way to their final opponents perhaps.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
As long as you agree with all the facts i said. I dont care what you think of my opinion of the foreshadow event..it really seems you guys want ppl to dig in on how trash Sanji has been...i dont get you kids. But its you guys, not Sanji lml. He cant help his fan boys...
Um, yes you do care if you took the time to respond.

Sanji hasn't been that trash though, if at all. It's the people criticizing him that's making bad arguments and points, like with him baking a cake or whatnot. For some reason, doing that and saving the crew and the ship is somehow a bad thing.

Right, Zoro and Sanji have their "sibling rivalry", but they have always shown trust and respect in each others strength. I really don't see Oda going back to the "Usopp leaves the crew" well, he has done that already. The crew knows Sanji's reasons, they are glad they were able to help him and his family, and that's basically that.
Exactly. Zoro even said that Sanji wouldn't let anything happen to Nami and others when Luffy's group landed on Zou.

Usopp left the crew because he didn't trust the captain and disrespected him, accusing him of abandoning Merry for a better ship and saying he'd do the same to his crew. Sanji left because he wanted to protect the people he loves and attacked Luffy solely because he wanted Luffy to give up and leave before Big Mom attacked him. It's why Luffy didn't get mad at Sanji for that and understood even when Nami didn't. Sanji even cried and said he wanted to continue sailing with the crew and had no problem with Luffy, unlike Usopp.

If anything, Zoro would just make fun of Luffy for getting knocked out by Sanji. The only anger I see coming from the crew is Zoro's bounty being lower than Sanji's.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Now that it been some chapters since the fight and we got to see Hawkins and Drake fully since before the fight happen, it's more official confirmed (It was already confirmed the moment Sanji came back unscathed and promise he did what he did), that Page One is down cause if he was active, he would have done chaos around the area and would be with Hawkins and Drake at the bathhouse. So please no more about "Oh! Page One could be still active! It was off-screened!", not all fights need to be shown to know the deed is gonna be done. We been through this before as OP fans as Oda off-screened many fights and it won't be the last.

So props to Sanji more and can't wait to see how he face next in the arc even more :).

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France
Ok now let's talk about Sanji's behaviour in this week's chapter and his (Oda's?) treatment of the ladies. Has Sanji gone too far?

nik87

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Ok now let's talk about Sanji's behaviour in this week's chapter and his (Oda's?) treatment of the ladies. Has Sanji gone too far?
There are more important matters to discuss, like this.
The world reacts to the latest incident in Wanokuni! :toc

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France
There are more important matters to discuss, like this.
The world reacts to the latest incident in Wanokuni! :toc
So Page one was his breakfast, Queen was just a warmup and Kaido a low diff?

This is big news!!

Last edited:

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nope, those who are complaining as far as I know are just a few and using poor argument of using real life stuff to compare One Piece when it's a FICTIONAL (Emphasizing, not yelling) world, not same thing. Sanji been like this since his debut, complaining now unless your new to the series about it, is redundant and he probably didn't know it was mixed bath when he use it before going inside. So far many are saying how lucky Sanji was to witnessed than outright hate him for a gag he has on his character since day one.

He isn't even that push compare to other perverts like Brook asking for women's panties, Momosuke taking advantage of his childhood to touch women more, Franky boldy proud of being a pervert to the highest degree, etc.. Feel more like a VERY minor outrage so far on the other websites. Many are getting more annoyed on accusing Sanji like that than with them.

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France
Nope, those who are complaining as far as I know are just a few and using poor argument of using real life stuff to compare One Piece when it's a FICTIONAL (Emphasizing, not yelling) world, not same thing. Sanji been like this since his debut, complaining now unless your new to the series about it, is redundant and he probably didn't know it was mixed bath when he use it before going inside. So far many are saying how lucky Sanji was to witnessed than outright hate him for a gag he has on his character since day one.

He isn't even that push compare to other perverts like Brook asking for women's panties, Momosuke taking advantage of his childhood to touch women more, Franky boldy proud of being a pervert to the highest degree, etc.. Feel more like a VERY minor outrage so far on the other websites. Many are getting more annoyed on accusing Sanji like that than with them.
But wouldnt you say that there is a difference between talking about something, fantasize about something and actually doing it?

The fantasy was a good joke aka Sanji wanting the suke suke to peep cause we laugh at his frustration and pervy anger but him actually doing it is a bit more creepy no?

Deleted member 169696

But wouldnt you say that there is a difference between talking about something, fantasize about something and actually doing it?

The fantasy was a good joke aka Sanji wanting the suke suke to peep cause we laugh at his frustration and pervy anger but him actually doing it is a bit more creepy no?
In real life yeah, kinda creepy. But for Sanji who had dreamt about this ever since he was little, with his intentions being hinted at throughout the chapters it only makes sense he'd something like that.

I beg you, people, just forget about Sanji for a couple of days. Let's discuss Usopp instead... 😉

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States

As Pea said, it was heavily hinted he would use the power like that. What said he wouldn't do it?

Also not really as he just peeing like everyone else. Not like he he is going to assault someone now he is visible. He still respect and won't hurt anyone. Still a gag end of the day and probably not the last of pervy gags, so getting upset on it especially this late in the series are futile as we already passed many gags like these for a long time no problem.

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
If you agree with sanji than absalom aint creppy