Discussion - Proven Slayers vs. False Slayers (Official Character Profiles) [UPDATED w/ New Poll] | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Which 3 slayers are your top favorite? (Both True & False included)

• Total voters

Nemispelled

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sometimes, it gets really annoying when characters are given titles that they don't deserve. In my opinion, it needs to be addressed. At least, that's how I see it.

In other words, I'm going to keep track of the evidence and determine which characters are worthy of their respective slayer type titles and which characters are not...once and for all.

I was bearing with the amount of slayers being introduced in each arc, but after God Serena's failure, there is clearly a difference between those that can be considered an actual slayer and those that just simply own the title of a slayer.

Because you really can't call somebody a slayer when they really aren't. Titles aren't for nothing. There is a difference..and the difference is whether you are a "Proven slayer vs. False slayer".

** List easily subjected to change

***I do not own any of the images, credit goes to their owners

Official Slayer Character Profiles

Proven Slayers

Slayer #1: Acnologia
Type: 1st Generation Dragon
Title: Proven Dragon Slayer
Reason: Proven worthy of being called a "Dragon Slayer"
Slayer Title Debut: Beginning of Series
Proof: Slayed Igneel, King of the Fire Dragons; Capability to transform into a dragon (can only be done by slaying too many dragons)
Evidence:

Slayer #2: Gray Fullbuster
Type: Demon/Devil
Title: Proven Demon/Devil Slayer
Reason: Proven worthy of being called a "Demon/Devil Slayer"
Slayer Title Debut: Tartaros Arc
Proof: Slayed/Assisted in Slaying Tempesta and Mard Geer
Evidence:

Slayer #3: Chelia Blendy
Type: God
Title: Proven God Slayer
Reason: Proven worthy of being called a "God Slayer"
Slayer Title Debut: Alvarez Arc
Proof: Slayed Spriggan 12 Dimaria in "God Soul Takeover" Form
Evidence:

Slayer #4: Natsu Dragneel
Proof: Slayed/Assisted in Slaying Acnologia
Evidence:

Slayer #5: Gajeel Redfox
Evidence:

Slayer #6: Wendy Marvell
Proof: Slayed/Assisted in Slaying-Reverting Dragon Irene and Acnologia
Evidence:

Slayer #7: Laxus Dreyar
Type: 2nd Generation Dragon
Evidence:

Slayer #8: Erik "Cobra"
Evidence:

Slayer #9: Sting Eucliffe
Type: 3rd Generation Dragon
Evidence:

Slayer #10: Rogue Cheney
Evidence:

False Slayers

Slayer #11: Irene Belserion
Type: 1st Generation Dragon / Mother of all Dragon Slayers
Title: False Dragon Slayer
Reason: Never proven to slay a dragon and is currently deceased
Slayer Title Debut: Never
Proof: None
Evidence: None

Slayer #12: God Serena

Reason: Never proven to slay a dragon and is currently deceased

Slayer #13: Future Rogue Cheney

Reason: Until slayer has slayed a dragon
Slayer Title Debut: Pending...
Proof: Pending...
Evidence: Pending...

Slayer #14: Silver Fullbuster
Type: Demon/Devil
Title: False Demon/Devil Slayer

Reason: Never proven to slay a demon/devil and is currently deceased

Slayer #15: Zancrow
Title: False God Slayer

Reason: Never proven to slay a god and is currently deceased

Slayer #16: Orga Nanagear
Title: False God Slayer

Reason: Until slayer has slayed a god
Slayer Title Debut: Pending...
Proof: Pending...
Evidence: Pending...

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I do agree with the notion that someone is technically not a 'slayer' until they've done the deed of 'slaying'. However I do believe within in the context of the manga that a slayer is someone who uses slayer magic, rather than the literal meaning of a <insert species> slayer.

Silver has stated that he took out demons in secret to weaken the power of demons around the world. I'm quite sure he is technically a slayer under your criteria.

And if a slayer kills Acnologia, who is technically a human with DS magic, does this count as a dragon slaying feat? Or is this a human slaying feat?

reesestl

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Somehow it seems to reward killing dragons, many of whom are nice creatures. It makes sense in case of demons as they are fundamentally evil but not in case of dragons. Anyone who is strong enough to kill a dragon, if the need arises should be worthy of being called a slayer.
HOwever, even by this defn most will fail. They can be called trainee slayers!

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
I do agree with the notion that someone is technically not a 'slayer' until they've done the deed of 'slaying'. However I do believe within in the context of the manga that a slayer is someone who uses slayer magic, rather than the literal meaning of a <insert species> slayer.

Silver has stated that he took out demons in secret to weaken the power of demons around the world. I'm quite sure he is technically a slayer under your criteria.

And if a slayer kills Acnologia, who is technically a human with DS magic, does this count as a dragon slaying feat? Or is this a human slaying feat?

Well, yes, a slayer is one that uses slayer magic. But they aren't a real slayer. At least we can't call them a real slayer.

Every arc, we get dozens of new slayers, yet, less than 30% of them can actually slay what they were meant to. It kinda defeats the purpose of a slayer when you have that many slayers walking around like any other mage. Remember, at the beginning of the series, slayers were supposed to be rare. Not anymore.

Here I'll give you a little perspective on why I made this thread:

You see, we can't keep having this. Each time a new slayer comes in, it is easy for them to mislead us. Killing a strong dragon, demon, or god is no wimpy feat. Acnologia is a prime example. Any slayer on his level can cause cataclysmic damage.

After God Serena's stunt, Im a bit annoyed at how all of the boasting is full of crap. It destroys the hype and is a disgrace.

In that image above, Natsu is pissed that what Sting said is true. Natsu isnt a true slayer. It's amusing to see Natsu's reaction when he is told the truth. But at that same time, the cocky ass grin from Sting is pretty amusing because he is in the exact same boat as Natsu.

I didn't make this up.

Call it super effectiveness...but in reality, it's just comes down to whether you are worthy of using slayer magic or not..

And well, no, I can't include Silver. I was thinking about it, but no matter which way I approach it, there is no way I can call Silver a "Proven Slayer".

Talking is one thing...Sting and Rogue boasted they killed their parent dragon. Did they?

To make matters worse, Silver mistakened Atlas Flame for a demon. If Silver was really that confused, there is no way we can rely simply on what he says. He could have slayed a god or creature that he thought was a demon, but it was just another Atlas Flame.

Somebody on the forum would have challenged me on that, and since Silver is dead, I have to accept that he is a "False Demon/Devil Slayer".

As for your last question, that really depends. It depends in which form Acnologia takes when he is fighting the DS. If Acnologia turns into a dragon once and a DS deals a major blow enough for Acnologia to potentially be defeated, I will count that DS as a "Proven DS".

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dimaria isn't dead.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dimaria isn't dead.
She is defeated. It doesn't take much energy to grab a jagged rock and stab it through her brain. 1 more spell and it is over. Dimaria is beaten, so there is no need for her to die for me to count that Chelia has slayed a god

Kiki

S-Slave
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Wasn't that Zeref who killed Mard Geer?

As for Tempesta, I am kinda confused here. Mashima revised the manga through anime that the one who defeated him was Laxus and then Tempesta blew himself.

GodOfDestruction

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
This whole post is messed up.
Im going to break this down in two.

First
The back that they are calledfalse slayers is just uncalled for.
Dragon Slayers- Dragons are rare, and the only dragon that is around can kill you in one hit. God Serena will tell you that.
Demon/Devil Slayers- The only time we hear about demons is when Zeref is around or Mira is fighting, and of course I dont ever see Mira getting taken down by a Devil Slayer.
God Slayers- Gods are just as rare as Dragons. First, the Yakama gods we've seen in two ways. Spells and true summoning. Inkatsunagi getting beat by Natsu is still a mystery to me. The spells like the one Minerva did cant be stopped by a God Slayer nor will it destroy a GS.

Second
Nobody except Zancrow and Orga should be called false slayers. Not even they should.
Natsu- So far Natsu has defeated 5 Slayers. One God, both Second Gen, Both Thrid who can go Dragon Force without needing Etherion. Laxus and Gajeel both had Dragon Scales.
Gajeel- Gajeel fought Rogue. Who I said can go DF without Etherion. Then in the Shadow mode. Plus Gajeel has pushed the boundaries of his Iron. By becoming Steel.
Wendy- She beat a demon from Zerefs book in DF. Pretty self explanatory.
Sting and Roge- Even though they were brainwashed that they jilked Weisslogia and Skidrum. They still killed them. Even at a young age.

Calling slayers who havent slayed whats in the name is uncalled for.

Cosmicstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
If we count Gray as a slayer for slaying Etherious which aren't real demons then Natsu, Gajeel and Wendy are Dragon slayers for slaying the mechnical dragon in Edolas.

Aonori

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
If we count Gray as a slayer for slaying Etherious which aren't real demons then Natsu, Gajeel and Wendy are Dragon slayers for slaying the mechnical dragon in Edolas.
The mechanical dragon is a magic robot lol.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

If slaying Acnologia counts as a dragon slaying feat then future Rogue should be a proven dragon slayer for killing Sting his equal and obtain his lacrima and light as his 2nd magic element.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
If slaying Acnologia counts as a dragon slaying feat then future Rogue should be a proven dragon slayer for killing Sting his equal and obtain his lacrima and light as his 2nd magic element.
I think the exception I would make here is Acnologia can go into dragon form, while I don't know if Sting/Rogue did when they fought (I assume not as future Rogue should have). So if Acno was a dragon when defeated I would call it slaying a dragon. If he is in human/base form I would not call it slaying a dragon.

It really depends on how you want to define a dragon slayer when they can go into human and dragon form. Are they human, or dragon?

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
No, killing Sting would be killing a dragon slayer. If a dragon slayer kills another dragon slayer, that doesn't count as a Proven Dragon Slayer.

Killing a Dragon = Proven Dragon Slayer

Killing a Dragon Slayer = Good for you buddy
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I think the exception I would make here is Acnologia can go into dragon form, while I don't know if Sting/Rogue did when they fought (I assume not as future Rogue should have). So if Acno was a dragon when defeated I would call it slaying a dragon. If he is in human/base form I would not call it slaying a dragon.

It really depends on how you want to define a dragon slayer when they can go into human and dragon form. Are they human, or dragon?

Well since Acnologia is a hybrid, if any Dragon Slayer that we've seen so far can do insane amount of damage to Acnologia in his dragon form, I'll consider them a Proven Dragon Slayer, even if they didn't kill Acnologia when Acnologia was in his dragon form.

To make it simpler for you, this is the criteria I'm going to use for Dragon Slayers beating Acnologia

1.) They deal insane amount of damage when Acnologia is in his dragon form (inflict major injuries)

2.) They kill/assist in killing Acnologia, whether he is in his human or dragon form at the end, it doesn't matter

Also, it doesn't have to be just 1 dragon slayer. If Natsu, Gajeel, and Wendy all team up and beat Acnologia while following the 2 criteria that I have above, I will consider all 3 Proven Dragon Slayers.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Etherious Demons are real Demon.

Deliora, which was a real demon, was Etherious Deliora. Same with Lullaby. Etherious Lullaby.

And no, I can't count Dorma Anim as a dragon. Faust created it, so it was artificial. It doesn't have the same properties/anatomy of an actual dragon..
Wasn't that Zeref who killed Mard Geer?

As for Tempesta, I am kinda confused here. Mashima revised the manga through anime that the one who defeated him was Laxus and then Tempesta blew himself.

Well, no, Gray did kill Tempesta. In his afterword, Mashima did say that he wanted Laxus to, but either way, Gray could just have easily done it, and he actually did it in the manga.

Laxus defeating Tempesta is more dumb that Gray one shotting Tempesta because Laxus was totally infected with demon particles. He should not have been able to beat Tempesta with that much demon particles in him.

Although Gray didn't kill Mard Geer, as I stated in my original post, if you read the proof section, I said "assisted in slaying".

Gray and Mard Geer feat applies to the same rule as I told Axiomus with Chelia. Gray could have easily finished off Mard Geer if he wanted to, but he didn't give a shit.

Actually, if you look at the manga again, at the very end, after Gray and Natsu beat Mard Geer:

- Mard Geer was lying on the ground and was defeated

- Gray was still standing without any major exhaustion unlike Mard Geer. Gray could even pick up the Book of END.

So no, Gray is a Proven Demon/Devil Slayer.

Gray slayed Tempesta and assisted in slaying Mard Geer.
Dragon Slayers- Dragons are rare, and the only dragon that is around can kill you in one hit. God Serena will tell you that.
Demon/Devil Slayers- The only time we hear about demons is when Zeref is around or Mira is fighting, and of course I dont ever see Mira getting taken down by a Devil Slayer.
God Slayers- Gods are just as rare as Dragons. First, the Yakama gods we've seen in two ways. Spells and true summoning. Inkatsunagi getting beat by Natsu is still a mystery to me. The spells like the one Minerva did cant be stopped by a God Slayer nor will it destroy a GS.

- True, Dragons are rare, but so are Dragon Slayers. In the Dragon Eclipse Arc, there were 7 DS and 7 Dragons. If any of the dragon slayers killed a dragon or pretty much defeated it in that arc, they would have been proven on my list already.

- Powerful demons aren't that rare, if you account for all of Tartaros, then Gray and Silver both had a chance to prove themselves. Now, it happened that Silver chose to fight Gray and lost, so Silver didn't prove himself. But in my post to ahmadrizqik, I explained how I counted Gray.

- We haven't had that many chances for Gods to prove themselves. It's too bad that Zancrow and Orga never really found a god. There have been like 2 gods, that we've seen so far, one of which has already been taken down by Chelia. But since Zancrow died, he is officially rejected. Orga didn't prove himself yet, but could in the future

Natsu- So far Natsu has defeated 5 Slayers. One God, both Second Gen, Both Thrid who can go Dragon Force without needing Etherion. Laxus and Gajeel both had Dragon Scales.
Gajeel- Gajeel fought Rogue. Who I said can go DF without Etherion. Then in the Shadow mode. Plus Gajeel has pushed the boundaries of his Iron. By becoming Steel.
Wendy- She beat a demon from Zerefs book in DF. Pretty self explanatory.
Sting and Roge- Even though they were brainwashed that they jilked Weisslogia and Skidrum. They still killed them. Even at a young age.
Again, for Natsu, Laxus, Gajeel, and Wendy, I can't count them because they only defeated dragon slayers and not dragons. So they aren't a proven dragon slayer.

Now Sting and Rogue was a joke, they didn't slay Weisslogia and Skiadrum. The two parent dragons made up that lie when they were kids. As you saw in Tartaros Arc, both Weisslogia and Skiadrum were very much alive.

Last edited:

Firepower

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
These guys are all slayers because they have slayer magic. Even if they have very little magic power they have slayer magic. The term dragon slayer in ft means that person has slayer magic, not because they have actually slayed dragons or demons.

Defeating or even injuring Acnologia is a tall order which could not be done in over 400 years. Had it been any other ds in Serena's position, the same thing would have happened. They'd all be dead. That's the dragon that kills dragons. Not all dragons are created equal, it's almost impossible to slay Acno. That will take a team effort to finish him. Kinda why there were 5 ds taught dsm for the purpose of killing Acno. Being that there are no other dragons, and that there isn't likely gonna be another time gate for past dragons to come to the future, Acno is the only dragon that can make them proven dragon slayers.

Not all demons are strong. Franmath without the souls of mages is nothing more than a mushroom. Lamy, the one who helps revive the demons isn't that strong either. Many mages contributed and killed her and her clones. The one who was asking Warren if there were any cute guys. lol Many members of ft defeated demons in the Tartaros arc. None of them have demon slaying magic, but they did "slay" or defeat demons that day.

There aren't enough dragons, demons or wannabe gods to go around for the slayers. Plus some of them they will never meet or find. The strength of the one they are slaying are not always the same or sometimes not even strong.

Only Gray is a demon slayer in ft, but even then many ft member defeated demons. To kill a dragon takes great strength that none of the ds has proven to have had during the gmg. That does not mean a person with no dsm can't kill dragons. If that Mage is supremely strong, far stronger than a ds that has killed a dragon, he/she could do it too, but more effort and strength is needed. In the anime df Natsu launched an all out attack ending his onslaught with flame lotus phoenix sword, which looked very similar to Gray's zero destruction bow. Both Natsu and Gray were partially transformed, dragonforce and demonforce. From the way it went both attacks seemed equally as strong, but because Mard Geer is a demon and Gray's magic specializes in that, it was Gray that was more effective, not because he was stronger. Being a slayer just makes staying their dragons, demons or gods easier to do, and you don't need slayer magic to actually defeat them, if you have the power to get it done.

Natsu killed Ikusatsunagi even though he's just a dragon slayer. The only other was Chelia defeating Dimaria. Finding gods is really rare and fighting them is even more. Slayer magic works better only on what their magic is good at slaying. Nothing more. Non slayers are already getting it done.

Last edited:

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
These guys are all slayers because they have slayer magic. Even if they have very little magic power they have slayer magic. The term dragon slayer in ft means that person has slayer magic, not because they have actually slayed dragons or demons.

Not really. Note I didn't say that they were not slayers. I said they are false slayers. Don't take it offensively.

Since they have slaying magic, then they are slayers. But not Proven Slayers.

Since they have not shown to slay what they were meant to, they are False Slayers.

And by the way, Proven Slayer vs. False Slayer actually exists in the series:

Defeating or even injuring Acnologia is a tall order which could not be done in over 400 years. Had it been any other ds in Serena's position, the same thing would have happened. They'd all be dead. That's the dragon that kills dragons. Not all dragons are created equal, it's almost impossible to slay Acno. That will take a team effort to finish him. Kinda why there were 5 ds taught dsm for the purpose of killing Acno. Being that there are no other dragons, and that there isn't likely gonna be another time gate for past dragons to come to the future, Acno is the only dragon that can make them proven dragon slayers.

I never said anything about having to defeat Acnologia to become a proven dragon slayer. There have been many chances for a Dragon Slayer to slay a Dragon.

Even Cobra was let out of jail just so that he can slay one. So there are no excuses.

And Acnologia is not the only dragon in the series. Like I said before, there were 7 Dragon Slayers and 7 Dragons in the Eclipse Arc.

Not all demons are strong. Franmath without the souls of mages is nothing more than a mushroom. Lamy, the one who helps revive the demons isn't that strong either. Many mages contributed and killed her and her clones. The one who was asking Warren if there were any cute guys. lol Many members of ft defeated demons in the Tartaros arc. None of them have demon slaying magic, but they did "slay" or defeat demons that day.

Only Gray is a demon slayer in ft, but even then many ft member defeated demons. To kill a dragon takes great strength that none of the ds has proven to have had during the gmg. That does not mean a person with no dsm can't kill dragons. If that Mage is supremely strong, far stronger than a ds that has killed a dragon, he/she could do it too, but more effort and strength is needed. In the anime df Natsu launched an all out attack ending his onslaught with flame lotus phoenix sword, which looked very similar to Gray's zero destruction bow. Both Natsu and Gray were partially transformed, dragonforce and demonforce. From the way it went both attacks seemed equally as strong, but because Mard Geer is a demon and Gray's magic specializes in that, it was Gray that was more effective, not because he was stronger. Being a slayer just makes staying their dragons, demons or gods easier to do, and you don't need slayer magic to actually defeat them, if you have the power to get it done.

Natsu killed Ikusatsunagi even though he's just a dragon slayer. The only other was Chelia defeating Dimaria. Finding gods is really rare and fighting them is even more. Slayer magic works better only on what their magic is good at slaying. Nothing more. Non slayers are already getting it done.

Well, Franmalth's original form is not a mushroom. But, back on topic, the reason why FT members could slay Tartaros demons (with the exception of Mard Geer) was because the 9 Demon Gates aren't that strong.

For example, remember Galuna Island? Those citizens of that village are demons, but they are fodder demons. Each race (Human, Dragon, Demon, and God) have fodders. So killing a Galuna demon doesn't necessarily make Gray a Demon Slayer.

The point of the term "slayer" was to slay something that you couldn't without slaying magic for that specific type.

Again, for example:

Gray doesn't come close to damaging Mard Geer, but with his demon slaying magic, he was able to defeat Mard Geer.

You see, the demon slaying magic here made a huge difference. In theory, the dragon slaying magic should have made a huge difference for the dragon slayers in the Dragon Eclipse Arc. That is the point of this thread.

There aren't enough dragons, demons or wannabe gods to go around for the slayers. Plus some of them they will never meet or find. The strength of the one they are slaying are not always the same or sometimes not even strong.

Actually, there was enough dragons and demons for everybody except Orga and Zancrow. But since Zancrow died before the gods showed up, then there was actually enough gods for Orga too. It just happened that Orga was not in the right place at the right time. But for the dragon slayer and demon slayers, there was definitely enough dragons and demons for them to be considered a proven slayer.

Firepower

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
No worries. I'm not offended. Just relax. I'm just giving you my take. It's you who's made this thread so there's no reason for for me to be upset ;)

Anyway. There were dragons, but the ds only had one chance to get it done. All failed and were lacking power to get it done. There might have been 7 dragons, but each dragon slayer only had one chance. That's hard to call many chances. Number of dragons does not equal munger of chances. It's not like the dragons were there for them to kill if they couldn't do it the first time.

A demon is a demon and if killed there are no exceptions. They'd be demon slayers. Saying that doesn't count is a bit subjective. I'm not so sure being a slayer means that only a slayer can defeat what their staying magic was meant for. Example would be Silver, who froze a fire dragon, and after finally being released the dragon had little life left. I don't think that was because of old age. A god even a strong one can be defeated by someone who is not a god slayer as Natsu did. Wendy could have simply been lacking power against Dimaria.

Like I said you don't have to be a slayer of any kind to kill or defeat gods, dragons, or demons. It's been proven. The dragons are very hard to kill because they have great power. So a slayer would have an easier time slaying their target, but against regular mages it makes no difference. And as it is already some mages have advantages over others because of how their magic is the best element or something that works best against the other guy's magic.

You are so sweet telling me not to get offended. Thanks so much. But you don't have to worry about it. You should see what some others say when we argue, yet still cool with one another. You haven't don't anything wrong my darling. Being passive or however you call it is fine. I'm just giving my opinion also. I'm not serious unless I have to be and in forums, no one does. I seek answers and facts. Nothing more. I admit when I'm wrong because it's cowardly to deny and be petty about it. I meant what I said, but not the part where you're my darling. That's just for laughs.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
No worries. I'm not offended. Just relax. I'm just giving you my take. It's you who's made this thread so there's no reason for for me to be upset ;)

Anyway. There were dragons, but the ds only had one chance to get it done. All failed and were lacking power to get it done. There might have been 7 dragons, but each dragon slayer only had one chance. That's hard to call many chances. Number of dragons does not equal munger of chances. It's not like the dragons were there for them to kill if they couldn't do it the first time.

Yeah, true, but Gray was able to accomplish it on his first time too. Either way, being a False Slayer is not necessarily a bad thing. It just means either they haven't got the chance yet or need more chances in the future.

So me calling Natsu a False Dragon Slayer just means that he is a qualified slayer, but needs more chances to show that he is a true Dragon Slayer.

And if by the end of the series, Natsu doesn't kill a dragon, it doesn't mean he is weak, it just means he is a very strong False Dragon Slayer.

A demon is a demon and if killed there are no exceptions. They'd be demon slayers. Saying that doesn't count is a bit subjective. I'm not so sure being a slayer means that only a slayer can defeat what their staying magic was meant for. Example would be Silver, who froze a fire dragon, and after finally being released the dragon had little life left. I don't think that was because of old age. A god even a strong one can be defeated by someone who is not a god slayer as Natsu did. Wendy could have simply been lacking power against Dimaria.

Well, to be fair, if Gray slayed a Galuna Island demon, I cannot call him a Proven Demon Slayer. Because even in base form, Gray would wreck any of those Galuna Island demon. But that's besides the point I guess.

Like I said you don't have to be a slayer of any kind to kill or defeat gods, dragons, or demons. It's been proven. The dragons are very hard to kill because they have great power. So a slayer would have an easier time slaying their target, but against regular mages it makes no difference. And as it is already some mages have advantages over others because of how their magic is the best element or something that works best against the other guy's magic.

It's true that you don't have to be a slayer to defeat other types/races. But in this thread, I'm comparing each slayer to their respective slayer types

Firepower

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, true, but Gray was able to accomplish it on his first time too. Either way, being a False Slayer is not necessarily a bad thing. It just means either they haven't got the chance yet or need more chances in the future.

So me calling Natsu a False Dragon Slayer just means that he is a qualified slayer, but needs more chances to show that he is a true Dragon Slayer.

And if by the end of the series, Natsu doesn't kill a dragon, it doesn't mean he is weak, it just means he is a very strong False Dragon Slayer.

Well, to be fair, if Gray slayed a Galuna Island demon, I cannot call him a Proven Demon Slayer. Because even in base form, Gray would wreck any of those Galuna Island demon. But that's besides the point I guess.

It's true that you don't have to be a slayer to defeat other types/races. But in this thread, I'm comparing each slayer to their respective slayer types
Yeah there's nothing wrong with any of it. Just saying. Natsu is not my favorite character. I've been arguing in the Alvarez power ranking with a few guys who claimed he surpassed Erza long ago. Keep doing your thing. It makes good sense.

GodOfDestruction

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

- True, Dragons are rare, but so are Dragon Slayers. In the Dragon Eclipse Arc, there were 7 DS and 7 Dragons. If any of the dragon slayers killed a dragon or pretty much defeated it in that arc, they would have been proven on my list already.

- Powerful demons aren't that rare, if you account for all of Tartaros, then Gray and Silver both had a chance to prove themselves. Now, it happened that Silver chose to fight Gray and lost, so Silver didn't prove himself. But in my post to ahmadrizqik, I explained how I counted Gray.

- We haven't had that many chances for Gods to prove themselves. It's too bad that Zancrow and Orga never really found a god. There have been like 2 gods, that we've seen so far, one of which has already been taken down by Chelia. But since Zancrow died, he is officially rejected. Orga didn't prove himself yet, but could in the future

Again, for Natsu, Laxus, Gajeel, and Wendy, I can't count them because they only defeated dragon slayers and not dragons. So they aren't a proven dragon slayer.

Now Sting and Rogue was a joke, they didn't slay Weisslogia and Skiadrum. The two parent dragons made up that lie when they were kids. As you saw in Tartaros Arc, both Weisslogia and Skiadrum were very much alive.[/QUOTE]

Well Sting and Rouge can both go Dragon Force. Which and I heard turns a DS to a humanoid dragon. Plus Natsu and Gajeel have been able to survive against Dragon Force while nobody can defeat Natsu when he is in Dragon Force. Natsu used Zancrows flames against him. That to is self explanatory. And if none of this counts for a DS defeating another DS. Then Natsu, Gajeel and Wendy shouldnt be able to kill Acnologia. Basically any DS.

Cosmicstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Etherious were created by Zeref thus making them Etherious and not real demons. Real demons are the people on galuna island. The Tartarous members(Demons) were artificially created by Zeref using living magic. The same way Fraust created the Machine dragon using magic power. Also Deloria is still an Etherious.

Kiki

S-Slave
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
@Nemispelled I see... then I suggest the title of this thread should be changed and there will be 3 categories: proven, false, and unproven (or whatever, I am not a native speaker. Catch my drift? I mean those who have yet to prove their title as a slayer wizard). Also, false, I think this category is too rude haha. Would you change it to something fit? Like "failed" or something. Imho they failed to prove their title before death. It's not like we have seen the panels/scenes/episodes when they can't slay demons/gods/dragons at all.