Try to get something to me by this weekend - I'd like to set the deadline for Saturday morning, but I am going to work on both Sat and Sun this weekend. I dunno how long I will be there, but my boss and I want to have a paper submitted before I offski on my Christmas holidays (so it's possible I might be super busy).
Most overrated manga and manhwa The lists and scores
Wow I disagree with almost everything you said But it's cool, no need to apologize, I can see where you're coming from (I simply feel different). Was just surprised to see her on the list, but this wouldn't be fun if there wasn't just a little bit of salt involved
As for Kagami, I thought you knew my thoughts on him He‘s not that bad as a character for the list(though don‘t like him much), but what gets him on my list is that he represents the biggest flaws of KnB. As a FT reader you should be aware of friendship-powerups, and Kagami uses those all the time. He‘s not skilled enough to compete with many of the GoM, but the story still puts him in situations where he needs to carry and manages to do that by whatever means possible, hoping for the reader/viewer to swallow it.
And while it‘s all hype and cool while it happens, just a second of thinking after the matches makes you realize the number of times the games are won by Kagami asspulls alone, and question it all. And him permanently staying in the zone and exceeding limits for the sake of it, and having all sorts of new powers due to the zone like that defense fire ring of Murasakibara against Akashi is such a shameless way to give him whatever is needed in the right moment regardless of whether it fits.
So, I don‘t like baKagami much at base, but the way the plot handles him just makes him less likable overall
Jk, I know, what you mean, but the only thing I disagree with is a scale of the case. If you read or watch FT you mentioned, then friendship cringe in other series wouldn't be such a problem for you - trust me, nothing is near FT level. As for KnB - basketball is team sport and team spirit is very emphasized, as GoM - series main villains - forgot, how important it is. Is Kagami really main representant of this "philosophy"? I wouldn't say so, it was always Kuroko and Kiyoshi, who were more team-oriented players for me. And who said, that Kagami is skilled enough to play equally against GoM? Tbh, I'm a fan and I always felt, that he's behind them. Which is absolutely understandable - before he moved to Japan, he was playing streetball for fun with his friends, not training with professional coach like the war was about to start. He has a potential to stand against GoM (which was confirmed by both Kagetora and Aomine, and iirc Kise also mentioned it), but he's not on par with them by any means. He can't stop Kise's Perfect Copy, he can't jump as long, as Midorima is able to shot, he can't stop Aomine if he's at least a bit serious, he's not able to cover as wide range of court as Murasakibara does and Akashi was making him his bish before he's confidence started to crumble. But Kagami's training hard to get better and you can actually see the results. Compare him in first matches against Shuutoku and Touou and later second times with the same teams - there's a progress And he's not a machine either, because he's giving his all in every match, he pays for it with stamina and injuries. Zone is completely another category, so I won't include it here.
I also disagree with the statement, that Seirin wins because of "Kagami's asspulls alone". None Seirin team member is unnecessary, only because they are not as visible as Kagami, doesn't mean, that all they do is to stand and wait for their ace to win a match for them. They're a bit in the shadows, but they have their 5 minutes each and they're doing their jobs well enough. As for defense ring - I need to reread a final match, but wasn't it already a moment, when evil!Akashi started to break down? That might be a reason, why he didn't take up a challenge.
Not only she's annoying, but also completely unnecessary for me. The time and space wasted on her could be given to Sailor Warriors from the Outer Solar System, they didn't have much opportunities to show up imo.
Now this round, I actually have 2 picks represented - Near and Usopp
I feel rather confident that those of you [probably the majority] who have read Death Note will sympathise with me that the quality of the manga was significantly worse, following the reveal of Near.
For me, the manga should have ended then.
It was a really interesting, and reasonably unique, way to end the manga
with Light winning, I mean
and the story really didn't need to be extended by the introduction of those two.
Didn't need to and suffered because it was.
Then we have the fact that Near is such a similar character to L - in actions, looks, and even how he is unable to sit properly.
It takes quite a lot of skill to introduce a character that expresses so little emotion and I feel that Ohba really failed with Near - he comes across as tedious and [when not being kinda psychic] incredibly lucky when his plans actually do work out.
I really really disliked him - so much that, if I were to re-read Death Note, I wouldn't read past L's defeat
The worst member of the Straw Hat crew, by far - and I'm not just talking about his 'needs-to-be-punched' face.
One Piece, as a manga, can be really hit or miss with it's chapters and arcs, with Usopp heavy chapters being some of the least interesting chapters for me [requiring me to force myself through them, just so I can continue the story].
Any progress he makes as a character, is often quickly reversed later on in the manga. I get that he's meant to be the wuss of the group (is he?!? It certainly seems that way at times), but even when he's being badass I know it'll only be for a few pages and then he'll revert to his pathetic/cowardly old self (it gets quite tedious at times).
His beef with Luffy felt forced - and he feels like he's only really there to provide comic relief.
I feel the Straw Hat crew would be better without him (which really shouldn't be the case for a 'main' character).
Now I do admit that he is definitely an unecessary character to one of the best manga/anime out there, and I prefer Mellow over him, but thinking about it, he's kind of like that guy who everyone hates just because of bandwagon.
To be fair I stopped reading Dengeki Daisy quickly, so it's kind of unfair on 'Daisy' that I chose him when there's other male love interest charas out there that I witnessed being awful for longer. I could've added a few more of those.
Yet here he is.
His chara just had too many fuck ups too early:
- has a stupid dramatic backstory to be tied to the MC that 'she doesn't know about';
- he's hot, a little older, intelligent and some computer whiz, but because he's tied to MC-chan he works at her school as a janitor to protect her;
- he falls for MC-chan so quick it makes your head spin.
With a set up like that, how could he get good? Makes it worse that his personality is fine, I know it's a shoujo designed to make it all dreamy but c'mon now. Killed all the romance too, so I dropped that manga like a hot potato.
Me too! Lol I thought I was the only one. L was alright but I was always more a fan of Near especially towards the end. Not his fault he did what L couldn't
Me too! Lol I thought I was the only one. L was alright but I was always more a fan of Near especially towards the end. Not his fault he did what L couldn't
That moment when you want to like a post 5 times but you can't...
Now if you tell me you enjoyed the second half of Death Note then everything's perfect : D Never understood why so many people seem to hate the second half or say it ruined the manga, bc I absolutely didn't feel that way
That moment when you want to like a post 5 times but you can't...
Now if you tell me you enjoyed the second half of Death Note then everything's perfect : D Never understood why so many people seem to hate the second half or say it ruined the manga, bc I absolutely didn't feel that way
Maybe it was a case of two extremes. The first half was basically Light vs L before the Kira craze went into full swing and we know there are a lot of L fans so I'm not surprised the second half with the "wannabe" didn't grab a lot of people. The only problem I had with the second half was Light. He became beyond unbearable and because he was manipulative and went unchecked for so long I was annoyed a lot. But that's just a personal perpective and I don't think in a general sense that it was as bad as some imply because as annoyed as I was I still enjoyed the mind games lol. Plus the ending made it all worth it.