Discussion - Spriggan 12 General Thread | Page 46 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Who is your favourite Spriggan?

• Total voters

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
well, considering that the Spriggans are 98% done, its time to give my thoughts on them.

1. Ajeel - he has cool magic but he is cocky as hell. I can solo Ishgar despite the fact that one day before, he was facing non-serious Laxus and almost got KO'ed by one attack if it weren't for August, not to mention his defeat by the hands of monsters - Elfman and Lisanna...
2. Jacob - I won't waste my words on him. he is just trash athough his magic was interesting
3. Neinhart - :yodawg he has OP magic but he is weak outside of that, getting one shotted twice. when he got that power from Irene herself, I though he will be a real deal. then Natsu ruined everything with PoF speech and one shotted him.
4. God Serena - I liked his personality and his fight against GoI but Hiro killed him off way to soon.
5. Larcade - he looks ridiculous and he is lame asf. his magic is :notsure
6. Bloodman - very cool looking. he has all 9 demon Curse. he was killed off in a lamest way.
7. Wall - very cool looking. he has Weakness magic which can counter everyone and Etherion itself. he got killed off because Hiro doesn't like inhumans
8. Invel - an ice user so move along. Zeref's bitch. got owned like a bitch.
9. Brandish - cool magic but I don't understand her at all
10. Dimaria - badass with OP magic and cool Take Over. she was brought back just to hype Natsu :-_-
11. August - his backstory is cringe as well as his personality and his title King of Magic is laughable
12. Irene - Queen of the Dragons is interesting and she has a very beautiful dragon form but her end was so bad that I still don't believe it

Last edited:

**Silver**

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Finland
well, considering that the Spriggans are 98% done, its time to give my thoughts on them.

1. Ajeel - he has cool magic but he is cocky as hell. I can solo Ishgar despite the fact that one day before, he was facing non-serious Laxus and almost got KO'ed by one attack if it weren't for August, not to mention his defeat by the hands of monsters - Elfman and Lisanna...
2. Jacob - I won't waste my words on him. he is just trash though his magic was interesting
3. Neinhart - :yodawg he has OP magic but he is weak outside of that, getting one shotted twice. when he got that power from Irene herself, I though he will be a real deal. then Natsu ruined everything with PoF speech and one shotted him.
4. God Serena - I liked his personality and his fight against GoI but Hiro killed him off way to soon.
6. Bloodman - very cool looking. he has all 9 demon Curse. he was killed off in a lamest way.
7. Wall - very cool looking. he has Weakness magic which can counter everyone and Etherion itself. he got killed off because Hiro doesn't like inhumans
8. Invel . an ice user so move along. Zeref's bitch. got owned like a bitch.
10. Dimaria - badass with OP magic and cool Take Over. she was brought back just to hype Natsu :-_-
11. August - his backstory is cringe as well as his personality and his title King of Magic is laughable
12. Irene - Queen of the Dragons is interesting and she has a very beautiful dragon form but her end was so bad that I still don't believe it
lol all the spriggans has been lame shit without any good development even August is another spittoon, what irritates me is that Spriggans has so much potential but Fairytail is invincible with random power-ups and asspulls, this arc has been pointless one sided annihilation for Fairytail favor...:m3j:m3j:m3j

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
August's Final Character Review by Nemispelled

After the recent chapters, August dropped on my list, but not by that much... (as the overall consensus seems to be)

The only major problem I have about his character is his monologue speeches about the majesty's child. Other than that, I think he is a decent character.. especially if you are going by Spriggan standards.

His magic isn't that surprising (nothing wrong with being generic) and he has pretty much lived up to the standards that he was portrayed to be. He didn't live up to his full potential, that I agree, but overall, it was acceptable enough.

To say August is as badass as I predicted is a lie.

But I'm going to give him credit where he deserves it:
  • He put Jellal down on the ground not long after their encounter, and this is even with most of OS backing Jellal up
  • He was able to shock Natsu with the sheer power of his heat-based pillar spell
  • He has the capability to split and vaporize the entire town of Magnolia with only his presence
  • He has the best charisma among the Spriggan 12 and is probably the wisest
  • His appearance and personality is reasonable (except for his monologue speech)
  • He wasted no time killing Mira with a single beam (not like Irene who stared at Erza for 7 straight panels)
  • He remained loyal to the Alvarez Empire and Zeref's intended plan (wasn't a traitor like Brandish)
  • Last but not least, he was a worthy opponent for even Gildartz

Overall, I see no significant negative quality regarding his character.. if we don't try to be too picky, that is. He is a relatively decent character for a villain... and is no doubt above average for the Spriggans.

Not as good as Mard Geer or Hades, but higher than Zero from OS. He'd probably be on Future Rogue's level if we're talking about his rank as a good/bad villain.

Score as a Character: 7.5 / 10

Score as a Spriggan: 9 / 10

Last edited:

rali56

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

It really seems that over half of them were filler or weren't important to the overarching story with the ones that actually had importance being treated badly or being underwhelming as hell.

Ajeel
Ajeel is basically the most generic of the Spriggans. He's the guy in every arc who shit talks the heroes then gets his ass kicked when they get serious and are usually the first one to go down. Although his fight with Erza was one of the best fights in this arc IMO. Shame it got ruined by him getting beaten by Elfman and Lisana

August

August had the most potential out of all the Spriggans IMO but the problem comes with Hiro retconing him into being a copycat mage and having him become Zeref's son. Which might've been interesting but was ruined by this scene.

Like him repeating the same words from out of nowhere was bad enough. It didn't help that he actually knew the answer so he was just repeating it for some bullshit reason. His fight with Gildarts was underwhelming and wasn't given much focus. It also had a bad conclusion with him killing himself because he saw Mavis. Even though he saw her earlier in this arc and he didn't react a bit.:cookiestare

Bloodman
Tbh I have really nothing to say about Bloodman. He's just boring to me and didn't do anything of note to really stick. Him having all of Taratours powers was cool though.

Brandish
Brandish was the token girl from the evil team that joins the good guys. Which is a real shame because her power was one of the most interesting of the Spriggans and I wanted to at least see her fight seriously against somebody. Her backstory was just okay. Her relationship to August and the rest should've been explored more but that's it I guess.

Dimaria
She was an example of a character who was too broken to fight properly. So Hiro had to asspull Ultrear and third origin to take her out after that she really didn't do anything of note other than get taken out by Natsu.

God Serena

Hyped up to be one of the strongest. Made the GoIs job then got blitzed by Acno and that was basically it for his character if you don't count the Historia.

Invel Yura
Invel is forgettable.
His design doesn't have anything interesting about it and I sometimes even forget that he's supposed to be one of the twelve. Hell first time I saw him I thought Invel was a different dude and he was just Zeref's secretary.
Anyway he's the token ice dude for Gray to fight and that's really the least interesting match up you could have for Gray. He also doesn't do anything that makes him stick out from the other twelve except maybe fight Gray and make him want to fight Natsu and that's it.

Eileen
Eileen is another character who had the potential to be good but was ruined by a bad fight that was accompanied by a bad backstory.
First off I think her whole connection to Erza is tacked on as Erza doesn't really care about her in the end and she doesn't care till a bullshit last minute twist. So I think I would've liked her more if you removed the Erza connection because it just adds more to Erza when she really doesn't need it.
Her fight was stupid with her making constant stupid decisions that seemed out of line with the character that we've seen before and it ended with another of Erza's bullshit like her taking out Eileen's dragon form with one hit because it had enchanted whatever.

Jacob
Jacob had an interesting moveset. Him being a magical assassin and all. Problem is the series doesn't really let him use it because if he did then he would've been able to win most of his fights with ease. His weakness was also stupid it might've been funny the first time but after that it's just gets grating how he can oneshot everyone if he bothered to use his skills and actually be sneaky like the assassin part of him implies.

Lacrade
You know for a guy who was at first supposed to be the MC's nephew he sure gets the worst treatment of the Spriggans. First his magic is just fanservice shit which makes him look like a joke when he's supposed to be one of the top three Spriggans. Second his connection to Natsu and Zeref is retconed and given to August which leaves him with nothing to him. Finally after all that he gets one fight with Sting in which he gets beaten and then gets killed by Zeref and that's it for his character really.
He might've saved Brandish or something but that's really where his contribution to the story ends. Which is a shame since at first he was hyped to be the secret weapon of Zeref against Acno.

Neinheart
Neinheart is really just a plot device for the Historia's gimmick and that's it really. Other than that he doesn't have anything of note or any other magic. He's just there to revive dead people and then get beaten and that's it really.
I think I preferred him before his reveal he actually looked mysterious and somebody who could actually be a threat.

Wall
My opinion of Wall or whatever is same as Bloodman he really doesn't do anything that sticks out or make me like him or think he was interesting in anyway.
I mean I think I've liked his fight with Laxus (except for the lighting that surpasses lighting part) but that's really it.

So do you guys also think the Spriggans were disappointing?

Pheromone

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Be more threadworthy if there's a single person here who didn't find the Spriggans disappointing.

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Tbh i don't like the spriggans but i feel sad for Irene because she didn't deserve anything that happened to her moreover her only daughter treated her so poorly. Jacob brought a lot of laughs with his silly techniques i think he is funny. If i forced myself to like spriggans i would pick Jacob and Irene.

Ice Hunter

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I love sprigans, the 12 sprigan is the best enemy so far... if i rate them from most loved then this is my list
1. Irene : Her backstory when her country & husband betrayed her is the most saddest back story ever, i still can't get over her misfortune
2. Brandish: pretty love her character, she has the most working brain from all 12 sprigans... yes that is not to fight Fairy Tail.
3. August: The scene when he call Mavis "mom" is the cutest scene in this arc
4. Ajeel: His fight with Erza is awesome, he delivered a wonderfull introduction vibe of the war
5. God Serena: His personality is funny
6. Larcade: I want to see his magic in the anime... o_O it gonna be pretty lewd withougt getting editted...
7. Jacob: He has funny fight with Mira and Lucy
8. Dimaria: Her fight is so good, i liked how she has God take over, she should face Mira with her take over, God vs Evil take over... who will win?
9. Bloodman: Not much to say... being a Grim reaper make him a bad ass
10. Wall: He can fire a cannon from a miles is so awesome
11.Neinhart: His magic is so cool, but i think he is just a filler character
12.Invel: He is definatley a filler character, he is not leaving a strong impression except that he is an ice user.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Jacob is honestly the worst one. Besides everything involving dude the Spriggan 12 are my favorite enemies along with Oracion Seis. With the 7 Kin, Tartaros, Avatar you had Zeref's students/groupies, not that I don't like Ultear, Meredy, or Zancrow or Seilah, it's just how they were portrayed as. Be real, most of the S12 disappointment stems from how they lost in their fights which I can't disagree with anyone for that since I'm with that notion too. But seeing 12 different enemies with wild hax magic had it's obvious ups and of course downs. While more could of been delved upon it's still a good amount of memorable ones.

Tempus Fugit

Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail

2. Jacob - I won't waste my words on him. he is just trash though his magic was interesting
8. Invel - an ice user so move along. Zeref's bitch. got owned like a bitch.
I am mostly disappointed about God Serena, Walh and Irene. :darn
Most of them were defeated in a forced manner and the others only give pity. :teehee
I shall do a more extensive review after the series ends.
Anyway, I am very grateful that Hiro helps other people, now there is an excuse to make a Suicide Squad 2. :XD

Last edited:

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Remember when these guys were hyped up? :cheez
I am mostly disappointed about God Serena, Walh and Irene. :darn
Most of them were defeated in a forced manner and the others only give pity. :teehee
I shall do a more extensive review after the series ends.
Anyway, I am very grateful that Hiro helps other people, now there is an excuse to make a Suicide Squad 2. :XD

Oh my god I.... I can't :rofl

Biri Biri

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Just some of my thoughts and opinions regarding the group seeing as their involvement in the series has concluded.

Spotlight. Camera. Action!

Such majestic swag and flamboyance. Amidst this arc of disappointment, Serena certainly stood out as hands down the most entertaining individual from this group. His completely random and over the top theatrics were hilarious, and legit made me lol.

He made me laugh. Which already surpass what any other character could achieve in Alvarez. Serena was a good throwback to the reason why I started getting into FT, because of the comedy which is seen only sporadically in recent times. He also dared to be himself, without fear of being judged by his contemporaries.

He could be ridiculous when he wants to be, but it when comes to crunch time to lay down the gauntlet, you could buy him once he turns serious.

I can't speak for anyone else, but if I'm reading manga, it is to be entertained. And boy, oh boy, did Serena not disappoint.

He could definitely have left a more lasting impression on the audience if Mashima had given him a fight with actual battle flow. We never knew the potential of Serena's abilities, as it was mostly off panel when he carved a path of destruction through Bosco and wrecked the other gods of Ishgar, then got swiftly killed by Acno. The historias were watered-down version of themselves, so it is hardly fair to use his fight with Gildarts to assess his strength.

It was said his defection to Alvarez was to enable him to seek out and defeat Acno. But it was not given a true sense of purpose behind his motivation. Is out of fame or a test of might? Surely either of these boils down to a matter of ego? Then it wouldn't make sense for him to not react when Ajeel mocked him. Or is it more than what meets the eye? Otherwise Irene has a much concrete reason for going after Acno to atone for her decision tbh.

How does Serena also got his hands on eight different ds magic lacrimas, given that each of them are exceedingly rare and expensive? Why is he favoured by the dragon gods? Does his ancestry has a connection to his talent to bond more easily with ds magic lacrimas? And of course, why does his appearance resembles so much like Yuri? All these queries could be answered if he received a backstory. But I guess not.

Character development done right.

Dimaria started off as an arrogant and sharp-tongued bully who not only has a high opinion of herself, but seemingly looked down on everyone else. She enjoyed stripping female enemies just to tease, and was not above laughing when her comrades were defeated.

She then got defeated, and learnt humility when she was the only Spriggan to be captured, and required Larcade, another comrade, to save her when he really doesn't have a reason to do so. Such laser-guided karma certainly made her eat humble pie and changed her attitude.

[

She apologized to Brandish for everything mean she said previously. He defeat and imprisonment taught her not only humility, but also ruthlessness. The next time she fought, was after seeing Brandish had a change of heart, and she swiftly cut her down with no teasing about. During her torture session with Lucy, it was revealed her defeat had another impact on her. A not so positive one.

Dimaria displayed a new deranged and psychotic side of her, as she wished to take off Lucy's eyes, when before she was just happy enough to take off her enemies' clothes. But after her second defeat, and Lucy's little speech, she begins to question if she really is as good as what she thinks she is.

Easily the most charismatic out of the group. The poise, the class, and the way he carries himself. August was the general of the Spriggan, and he always acted the part. He lived up the to the hype of his strength. He is wise, understanding and sympathetic. His characterization had the most redeeming qualities.

He wields the magic he copies with greater finesse and expertise than the original users themselves do. And I can respect that strict code of conduct he imposed on himself. This scene right here is one of the greatest sense of impending doom in the saga.

Still he isn't without his obvious flaws though. August took his eye off the ball, and got too caught up in his self-directed melodrama till he engineered his own defeat. His suicide was a terrible way to go out. There were also no need to for him to evade Cana's attacks. Though he can't copy Cana's magic, he has more than enough in his arsenal to defend himself. Do you even August, Mashima?

His backstory was also rather short, compared to Brandish and Irene. I would prefer if Mashima had touch more on August's half-human hybrid. He was afterall an offspring from two cursed immortals, and conceived through FH. It is still ambiguous which is his default organic appearance. As we all know, he has a dark transformation. But he was initially dark as a child, and only turned to light when he was in the company of Zeref.

Like it said, August probably wavered between light (Mavis) and darkness (Zeref) based on his emotional state. His ultimate undoing was being borned to the wrong parents. Seriously if you had parents like his, I wouldn't blame you if you were to off yourself either. :yodawg

I felt her background was noteworthy, and honestly, in a story where almost everything revolves around those two goddamn Dragneel bros, I can buy into her history. I did, however, disliked her association with Erza. But I have enough time to sorta accept that when she looks like a carbon copy of her. But older.

Her past also gave us an insight on the origins and event of the dragon king festival. Which ties in nicely to the plot. Yes, I know it makes zero sense how did Acno not recognise Irene. But it should be pretty clear by now that Mashima did not actually thought up of Irene's background until after their interaction. So I'm willing to look past that.

Irene's moral and story was probably the deepest and darkest Mashima has went so far. Which, from a literary standpoint, makes it a professional breakthrough for Mashima himself. And her suicide I thought was a fitting way for her to exit.

Among a group which intellect is not exactly their greatest strength, Invel was a fresh breath of air. This guy is cold and calculative. A proper bastard who knows how to exploit his enemies' weaknesses. Twice, did Mashima turned to him to him for a drastic change in mood towards the dark and dramatic.

Barring another deus ex machina, Invel would have been the first antagonist in the series to definitively kill a main member of FT when Juvia killed herself to save Gray after he used Ice Lock to make them right to the death.

He was truly manipulative. From the beginning since he froze Mavis' mind to force her to do his bidding, to discovering Gray was a devil slayer and tried recruiting him over to Alvarez's side so he could negate the threat of END, to making use of Juvia to empower him, and even until the end after his defeat he was still taunting Gray so he could fight Natsu. Again, his agenda succeeded. But this time instead od Wendy saving Juvia, Erza nakamizes both Gray and Natsu back to their senses.

While I was not surprise he is an ice mage, I thought it would be interesting if Invel had a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde to his personality, or least abilities. The reason why I say that is because the concept and visual design of his attire has always been a duality motif.

His tie against the shirt. The interior of his trench coat is dark, as opposed to the border and background of the exterior. Dark patterns run diagonally across from one corner to the other. Even his dark shoes has contrasting light soles.

I don't believe Mashima drew all these without knowing. There should have been a superpowered evil side planned to him. But I guess Mashima just isn't creative enough to execute and go through with it. Otherwise, he should have displayed more of his different abilities.

Nonetheless, Invel is no-nonsense and when it comes to crunch time, does the guy bring it and means business.

As the token nakama of the arc, I felt she wasn't granted enough capacity to form a lasting impression on the readers. At times, her interaction and chemistry with the crew seems forced and inorganic. Otherwise, great potential and unique design. It helps that she has the most memorable introduction too.

Her personalitits stand out among the crew, as she is easily the most sympathetic member and isn't mindlessly antagonistic to FT. What's not to like about a lazy badass. Though she didn't pull it off as well as Aokiji or Starrk did She is much rather affable and indifferent to fighting just because she had to, as compared to for her personal motivations like mango gelato.

Obviously a confused soul though, Brandish has a conflicting loyalty between her empire and relationship. I like that we can't always predict what she would do. But then again, for all the hype surrounding her power, her actual feats were anti-climatic and leaves more to be asking for. Her backstory with Aquarius also ruined much of her intrigue and portrayal.

She also could have been more multi-faceted if she has a good dynamic with her subordinate in Marin. Another wasted opportunity there. Brandish's characterization reminds me a lot of Mashima's shortcoming as a writer. Excellent in setting up the premise, but ultimately flatters to deceive.

Wow, what can I say. This guy had almost every reader talking about him. From his identity to his abilities, back to his actual identity, Larcade was the most controversial Spriggan by far. Personally I felt his abilities were a sense of novelty. Pleasure was like a tool for Mashima to trigger the fans, and boy did he succeed.

Larcade had the deadly spells, but is also a good ol-fashioned tank with a dose of insane reflexes. Took a monumental team effort to take him down. And eventually he was reduced to being a failed prototype mock up of Natsu. Exited in such a heartless fashion I felt sorry for the guy. #Redemptionforhentaispriggan

I actually liked him when he was first introduced. The real Wahl, that is. Not the proxy. Mainly because of his aesthetic design. Everything about him looks cool. From a walking armoury of weapon, to the function of switching and modifying his personalities to boot. Boy has got some interesting abilities.

But at the end of the day, he seems to be pretty much a polar opposite of Invel. Visually impressive, but is not clinical or cunning enough to execute his plan. While titles such as the Adjudicator, the Alchemist and the Prince of Machias do sound intimidating, we were given zero insight on Wahl's Machias race, and his origins and motivation are completely unknown. Unfortunately all style, but no substance.

"Oh no! Will Ichigo Erza be able to defeat Grimmjow Ajeel with her powers before the Espada Spriggans murder all her nakama? Find out in the next chapter of Bleach Fairy Tail!

Sorry, but not sorry. Ajeel was your archetype of uncouth, antagonistic and cocky jerkass villain which serves as a stepping stone for the protagonist to overcome, before they get stronger and then go on to fry a bigger fish. Mashima did surprise me by having Erza faced him, rather than Natsu.

I felt Ajeel's strength is underrated by most and he can at least take solace in the fact that he largely dominated Erza, and seriously injured her. Otherwise, there is nothing interesting about him that I hope I can add.

What is the point of having him here? He was there solely to make up the numbers. Invisibility is hardly unique, and spatial manipulation has been seen before from Minerva and Marin. His weakness to scantily clad women, if used to serve as comedy stick, clearly did not hit home with the fans.

Like Kain from the seven kin, he was a clown who is easily forgettable and bound to fail from the get go. There was no clue to his reason and motivation for fighting. Aside from herp derp Alvarez.

Has a menacing appearance and fearsome introduction heralded by an unflinching walk as Sabertooth soldiers take off fleeing, with one of them coughing up blood on Yukino as he tells her to run for her life.

If ever there was an establishing character moment, that, right there, was it.

However, Bloodman is a character who unfortunately never came close to reaching those heights again once he revealed the true nature of his abilities. Him being an assimilation of recycled abilities is largely underwhelming. There was no originality or whatsoever to it. Bloodman could have shown some spells or techniques we have yet to witness from the nine demon gates. Or at the very least, wield their abilities with an innovative fashion. In this instance, too many cooks spoil the broth.

It would have been fitting for him to utilize and control the properties of blood. Not only does it ties in to his name, but also his establishing character moment. But nope. Mashima simply couldn't be arsed to do so. Why does he speak in a flowery elizabethan english is also a question which will likely never be answered.

A complete and utter joke of a character. I still remembered how much intrigue he holds from the mysterious silhouette when he was first mentioned.

To intentionally defying Zeref's orders to be summoned

Sitting lonesome and refusing to partake in the war. Cue another badass silhouette

Everything about him oozes enigma then.

And everything went deep south once it was revealed he is, but an effeminate man adorned with flowers who hide behind his creations, and rely upon them to do the fighting for him. And such cheap trick can be overpowered even without lifting a finger.

In an alternate reality, a Neinhart is kicking ass with his soul manipulation magic and nine lives. :pwnge
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Interesting to note the common themes shared between August and Invel.

August's physical appearance wavers between two opposing colours, while Invel's entire clothing revolves between two tones. They both were the co-dragons to Zeref. August was the general due to his might, while Invel was the chief of staff. August and Invel were the only two Spriggans who brought up and addressed their views of dark and light, which extend beyond good and evil.

Invel has a firm belief that darkness is a strong source of power which is neither good nor evil, but rather a force of energy that resides in everyone's hearts. August believes dark is not evil, and light is not good, while indirectly citing himself as an example who teeters between light and darkness.

They both delivered balcony speeches atop an aerial standpoint. Invel gave a rousing one to the Alvarez's troops at the western front. While August was a declaration of doom from atop kardia cathedral.

August's main ability can loosely be defined as robbing others' abilities, and using it against them to beat them. Invel's ultimate technique was absorbed by Gray through sheer force, and molded into gauntlets that Gray uses to pound and beat him with.

Invel seems completely incapable of understanding why Juvia and Gray would rather commit suicide than die fighting one another while under the effects of his magic, calling it irrational. Though he openly let Zeref know he disagrees with his habit of letting breaches in protocol and outright disrespect slide, his loyalty to Zeref remained quite fanatic.

The one thing August cannot understand is the love between a parent and their children, as specifically, he never got to experience it himself. He knows full well the war is only going to bring about bloodshed and this goes against his nature, but his undying loyalty and dedication to his father proves to be superior.

Zeref did not disclose of his relationship with Natsu to anyone, and Invel figured out Natsu was Zeref's younger brother on his own by connecting the dots. August is unwilling to tell Zeref the truth regarding his birth, and Zeref never knew he was his child but only a loyal subordinate.

And on the theme of sacrifice, Invel manipulated the events leading up to Juvia's decision to kill herself to save Gray due to their relationship. After knowing this, it acted as a catalyst to empower Gray. Gray subsequently went to stop Natsu, who was going after Zeref.

August chose to kill himself and spare those enemies for the sake of one amongst them who is his mother. Mavis never got the chance to know of their relationship. She subsequently went after Zeref, who was being stopped by Natsu.

Last edited:

JK Network

Reaction score
Country
United States
When did that happen? As I recall, Max never fought Natsu after SO

Yes she is lol. She's below Lucy in stats. She didn't do anything to Natsu. Where are you getting all of these from lol.
Generally, more OP hax = more fodder in stats. Something I've noticed in FT. There is no real reason that should be true, but I guess Mashima made it that way for balance purposes. Regular Neinhart didn't one shot Jellal, you're being dishonest here inspite of many including me proving you wrong on this multiple times, Jellal took zero damage from Neinhart's blast, he was unconscious because he drowned under high pressure. Brandish was utterly helpless against Neinhart, while base Natsu 2 shotted him with basic punches..........yea, Brandish is fodder in stats.
This isn't taking magic away, this is countering ability. Wahl countered Laxus' lighting and Laxus still put up a good fight. Countering ability makes someone nothing, only if they're fodder in stats and a one trick pony.

Then why didn't Nab (I think) turn into a flower after kicking Doom? Carla became flower after kicking doom, right?
I mean to be fair when brandish attacked Lucy at the guild she easily overpowered her and Lucy needed Aquarius to save her. And when they fought for real she casually catches Lucy’s kick and sent her flying. So her physical stats are definitely above Lucy’s.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
I mean to be fair when brandish attacked Lucy at the guild she easily overpowered her and Lucy needed Aquarius to save her. And when they fought for real she casually catches Lucy’s kick and sent her flying. So her physical stats are definitely above Lucy’s.
Wasn't the first case because of Brandish blindsiding Lucy?

Yeah, she caught a kick. But later on, Lucy was blitzing her non stop and dealing significant damage. She's certainly in Lucy tier in stats. Maybe stronger (I think that argument can be made), maybe weaker (my opinion)

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wasn't the first case because of Brandish blindsiding Lucy?

Yeah, she caught a kick. But later on, Lucy was blitzing her non stop and dealing significant damage. She's certainly in Lucy tier in stats. Maybe stronger (I think that argument can be made), maybe weaker (my opinion)
Brandish was throwing the fight the entire time :oh

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Brandish was throwing the fight the entire time :oh
She was holding back in the sense that she didn't just explode her organs or something. But doesn't change the fact that LUCY was BLITZING her.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
With hax Brandish stomps. But outside hax, is she really all that? :oh It’s easy to take somebody out with hax than an actual fight. Doom just proven that.
She walked through Invel's blizzard that was freezing to Gray, manhandle Natsu to the point he couldn't get out of her grip, and easily caught Taurus Stardress Lucy's attack when trying to throw a fight lol. Her magic is all hax so like saying Brandish without hax is limiting her to no magic which everyone in the manga uses their magic to enhance their attacks.