Games Top Ten Game - Most Overrated Anime - They think it's all over...

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,995
Reaction score
18,568
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
zimbardo what's the deadline, onegai ? :)
Try to get something to me by this weekend - I'd like to set the deadline for Saturday morning, but I am going to work on both Sat and Sun this weekend. I dunno how long I will be there, but my boss and I want to have a paper submitted before I offski on my Christmas holidays (so it's possible I might be super busy).

 
Last edited:

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
There is a saying that bad female characters are those who are all about a male love interest and exist for that reason alone, without any motivations of their own. Most of the time, this holds true.

If that's the case, the bottom-feeder version would be a female who devotes herself to a guy who treats her like trash.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Exactly. Kotoko is just a higher concentration. And delivered as an injection, Sakura's is a suppository kept in for 700 chaps. Oh the decisions! (trying to make hospital type jks for Kotoko's occupation...)
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2016
Messages
1,687
Reaction score
7,078
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
7 pointers and still nothing


lol i went too mainstream, everything i have is probably shared :xp


  • Hakuei was decent in the Kouga arc, but afterwards she was barely relevant in the story, just here and there to show off her conflicting mindset. In a way I understand her being here but i would never nominate her.
  • I remember little of Shuu from Guilty Crown, but i do remmeber not liking him at all, and that goes for Inori too. Dont ask me for details cuz i barely remember the show.
  • Lisanna for me is more of a brutally wasted character than a badly written. Probably the same thing lol. But there are worse FT characters than her ....
  • Tse ... 4th prince from HxH :hmm ..... i guess this is more hate related than badly written. For me the only badly written thing about him is his name lol, how the fuxk do you even pronounce that shit. He aint even that developed yet, we only know he is a genius lunatic, there is still time to grow. I like the path Mr. Hiatus is taking with him.
  • Bakugo .... hm dont really understand why he is here :hmmi guess in some eyes he is badly written. Maybe its his personality, i think some people dont like it.
 
Last edited:

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,617
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
So it was Zone, what you were talking about :facepalm You could start with that. As I said Zone is another story and the reason I believe Kagami can stay in it far longer than others is a special condition for entering the Zone only he has - fighting to protect his teammates. I believe that it is also a reason, why do you see Kagami as main representant of "friendship power" and it's understandable (especially because Kagami is loud and usually say all those lame rainbow lines that were born in that stupid head of his :XD). But Zone is a special state and no one can compete with that unless they're in zone themselves. And why couldn't Kagami enter it, since he meets all conditions (1 - natural talent to basketball, 2 - to love this sport with one's all might). The timing was convenient, I'm not gonna argue with that, but it was forced by two factors - Aomine entering it and Kagami's special condition. And just to make one thing clear - this whole "protecting my nakama" makes me roll my eyes too (thanks for destroing the beauty of friendship for me, Mashima :-_-), but Kagami has other traites I love in him.
As for Kagami's payment - you're right, we know about one injury, but it made him out from 2,5 important matches and many trainings, so I think it's pretty significant one. And stamina - he had problems in first Shuutoku match after he used too much strenght in Seiho's one (even though he was benched for a while), he fall asleep in the lockerroom after Touou's match and during Yosen's last attack he wasn't even able to stand. So yep, there are moments, when his body refused to cooperate and he can do nothing with that.
And I wasn't talking about Akashi's final break down, it was slow process which went on through all match.

Ehhh, let's just agree to disagree, but if you want to comment what I wrote here, then go on :D
Not just the zone, but he is quite defined by his zone so can't ignore it in a talk about Kagami. Everyone's condition for the zone is unique and special, so that's not a valid explanation. We know of Aomine, Kagami, Akashi and Kise's triggers, all are different. Nash in the movie could compete with people in the zone, but that's going a bit off topic.
We can drop it, my goal isn't to convert you :XD Just to let you know why I feel about him the way I do, since you asked for an explanation. And if I explained myself then we can end it with this.
Curious tho if you'd still have liked Kagami had his hair been purple :rolleyes:

Nah, don't worry. Good to know I'm not the only one tho ;) Just curious - where would you place her?
4th, Bakugo would go to 5th. Tho this makes it a lot of Magi characters in my top 5 :grumble

Maybe for you :lick
For everyone! :hmph At least that's what they thought when she was included. And to be a skilled manager-rival for Riko maybe. I like Riko and think she's a pretty good character, so it is surprising how the same author messed up Momoi when he showed he can make good female characters.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Sieg definitely is another good choice for the list Gry :XD But I didn't put him on my list bc he remained a blank cardbox from start to finish. I usually put charas on my list I find (potentially) interesting at first, only for them to turn to shit or really bad. Sieg I always found boring, so I don't particularly dislike him or anything, I just don't care.
That's a great description of Sieg :lmao Blank cardbox all day every day. Our criteria for the list are a bit different then. He was the main character of Apocrypha basically, so he's given a lot of screentime. And characters with a lot of screentime can drag the show down a lot if they're bad, and man is Sieg bad, annoying and nonexistant. Had Siegfried lived instead of him they'd have won even better, so he was just a big downgrade too. But all that aside, maybe I put too much hate on him because I really wanted to like Apocrypha, had high hopes for it to be as good as Zero and kept watching and waiting for the quality to go up high, but it kept going down :noworry
--- Double Post Merged, ---
I agree with pretty much everything you say Herr Gry, but not with this :lambirb

He might have made it into the list at the beggining of the manga (Season 1 anime) but right now Bakugo is one of the best characters in BnHA, to the point he has completely overshadowed Todoroki. The series wouldn't be this good without him.
I honestly don’t think early Bakugo would’ve fit the list either. Always considered him one of the very best characters of the series.
@GrySun @Organizized why?? :gwah
Bakugo is one of my faves
He was a shitty school bully in the past, and at the start he was still a violent brat. No qualifications to be a hero whatsoever. I thought maybe he improves during UA school? No, still a loud, obnoxious and insufferable character. 200 chapters into the manga and Bakugo is still as awful as he was from the first chapter on. Any and all "progress" his character gets is extremely marginal and doesn't change that I dislike everything about him. And I very much doubt I'll ever like him. I'm truly puzzled by how he's so popular, and even after talking with several Bakugo fans I still didn't understand how anyone can like him.

He'll be on 4th/5th of my least fav characters ever list for a long time probably. Only scenes of him I enjoy in the show is when bad things happen to him, like when he failed the license exam. Very sweet.
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
He was a shitty school bully in the past, and at the start he was still a violent brat. No qualifications to be a hero whatsoever. I thought maybe he improves during UA school? No, still a loud, obnoxious and insufferable character. 200 chapters into the manga and Bakugo is still as awful as he was from the first chapter on. Any and all "progress" his character gets is extremely marginal and doesn't change that I dislike everything about him. And I very much doubt I'll ever like him. I'm truly puzzled by how he's so popular, and even after talking with several Bakugo fans I still didn't understand how anyone can like him.

He'll be on 4th/5th of my least fav characters ever list for a long time probably. Only scenes of him I enjoy in the show is when bad things happen to him, like when he failed the license exam. Very sweet.


Plädoyer abgeschlossen.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Karna was the best character in Apocrypha


Astolfo comes second
 

Elusia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2017
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
11,568
Country
Philippines
@Elusia, Lisana is great example of a character, who was more useful, when she was dead. Thankfully she was on-screen so rarely, that I was forgetting about her existance for most of the time :fan
  • Lisanna for me is more of a brutally wasted character than a badly written. Probably the same thing lol. But there are worse FT characters than her
Finally, I get to pour my salt around here! :arf

Let me get this straight, I am aware that FT had worse characters out there. I would have put every FT villain ever with a very few exception, like Gajeel and Juvia. I would have put some of the main cast, but in the end, decided to put this forgettable trash here.

She is the first and prominent example of a revived character that literally did nothing afterwards. She's just there for the shipping, even the worst one at that, and for the development of everyone except for herself. The fact that not only she exists as this architype, but it's incredibly common throughout FT, and makes me remember her more and more. It's those reasons why I put her personally on my list.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And nothing much to add on my list except for the Viktor pick. Again, @BluePegasus? Why do you have to make me suffer? :emocat
 
Last edited:

Linali

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2015
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
7,292
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
Not just the zone, but he is quite defined by his zone so can't ignore it in a talk about Kagami. Everyone's condition for the zone is unique and special, so that's not a valid explanation. We know of Aomine, Kagami, Akashi and Kise's triggers, all are different. Nash in the movie could compete with people in the zone, but that's going a bit off topic.
We can drop it, my goal isn't to convert you :XD Just to let you know why I feel about him the way I do, since you asked for an explanation. And if I explained myself then we can end it with this.
Yeah, I think I got your pov, thanks :D So good to discuss KnB again tho :hurr
Curious tho if you'd still have liked Kagami had his hair been purple :rolleyes:
You mean my tendency to fall in love with red heads? :lmao It's not my fault, that authors create their red head characters' personalities to my liking :heh
4th, Bakugo would go to 5th. Tho this makes it a lot of Magi characters in my top 5 :grumble
I think I'm able to predict 2 more - one will make me satisfied, one will make me salty :grumble
For everyone! :hmph At least that's what they thought when she was included. And to be a skilled manager-rival for Riko maybe. I like Riko and think she's a pretty good character, so it is surprising how the same author messed up Momoi when he showed he can make good female characters.
Riko is great character, same with Alex and Araki (Yosen's coach). Only Momo is kinda meh.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
I think the only good characters salvageable from Apocrypha are Chiron and Vlad @Nii with Chiron being the best.
My favourite is Karna-truly the hero of Charity.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,617
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
You mean my tendency to fall in love with red heads? :lmao It's not my fault, that authors create their red head characters' personalities to my liking :heh
Makes me wonder what comes first. The character, or the hair color :heh Maybe there's something special people consider when making redheads :lick
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
My favourite is Karna-truly the hero of Charity.
I wanted to like him, because he was a Lancer. But his personality somehow... didn't exist. Nor did he care for the plot much, he was just there as a Gilgamesh-wannabe in how strong he was.
Though he helped save those Red masters, for what it's worth. Maybe they're awful people, we never knew.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
I think I'm able to predict 2 more - one will make me satisfied, one will make me salty :grumble
Your predictions are correct. But you should know me enough to know that person has to be at the top of my list. And another person slightly below.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I think the only good characters salvageable from Apocrypha are Chiron and Vlad @Nii with Chiron being the best.
Vlad was a somewhat good character who received shitty treatment in my eyes. Chiron I found consistent, but ultimately really boring except his relationship with Achilles. And I found Achilles more entertaining, so for me I would place him higher.
Personally I think Shishigou and Mordred were the best. Consistent, entertaining, good chemistry. I also like Semiramis, and Amakusa to some extent, but if I had to judge them objectively neither is a particularly great character.
All things considered, there were a bunch of interesting and likeable characters in Apo, but not a single one who I would say was great.
 

Linali

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2015
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
7,292
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
Makes me wonder what comes first. The character, or the hair color :heh Maybe there's something special people consider when making redheads :lick
Let's say, that hair color makes me more interested and eager to observe attentively. Warning: Works only with male characters :fan
Your predictions are correct. But you should know me enough to know that person has to be at the top of my list. And another person slightly below.
I think I know you enough then :lick
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,617
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Vlad was a somewhat good character who received shitty treatment in my eyes. Chiron I found consistent, but ultimately really boring except his relationship with Achilles. And I found Achilles more entertaining, so for me I would place him higher.
Personally I think Shishigou and Mordred were the best. Consistent, entertaining, good chemistry. I also like Semiramis, and Amakusa to some extent, but if I had to judge them objectively neither is a particularly great character.
All things considered, there were a bunch of interesting and likeable characters in Apo, but not a single one who I would say was great.
Hm I guess I can see why one could find Chiron boring, but he‘s great for me. Vlad continuing Lancer tradition of getting abused, and I liked him.

Achilles was entertaining yes, but he confused me a bit too much in the second half. But also decent.

Shishigou+Mordred were the best servant master duo for sure, but didn‘t like Mordred myself much. Semiramis was annoying, and Amakusa was interesting but his resigned calm voice 24/7 annoyed at times.

As for whether there was a truly great character from Apo.. you‘re right, probably not.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Hm I guess I can see why one could find Chiron boring, but he‘s great for me. Vlad continuing Lancer tradition of getting abused, and I liked him.

Achilles was entertaining yes, but he confused me a bit too much in the second half. But also decent.

Shishigou+Mordred were the best servant master duo for sure, but didn‘t like Mordred myself much. Semiramis was annoying, and Amakusa was interesting but his resigned calm voice 24/7 annoyed at times.

As for whether there was a truly great character from Apo.. you‘re right, probably not.
Well tastes differ : ) Diarmud is easily the most boring Zero Servant in my eyes too, yet he seems to be your fav.

The rest I can agree with to some extent, but it looks like we won't ever have a similar favourite Fate Servant :lmao
 

Reebi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
4,091
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
His whole purpose was throwing roses, being the damsel in distress, being brainwashed and making Usagi cry... Talk about useless...
He's a mansel in distress :D The 90s was about girl power and gender reversal; if women had to be kipnapped and useless, why not men?
 

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,995
Reaction score
18,568
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Last edited:

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
@zimbardo we just had thatone from Grysun with 7 points... :XD That's the same char uberfayt has here with 8 points.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And I would think fucksake from Brandish is the same fucksake Gry nominated for his 1 pointer xD
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top