Games Top Ten Game - Most Overrated Anime - They think it's all over...

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,994
Reaction score
18,566
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
zimbardo what's the deadline, onegai ? :)
Try to get something to me by this weekend - I'd like to set the deadline for Saturday morning, but I am going to work on both Sat and Sun this weekend. I dunno how long I will be there, but my boss and I want to have a paper submitted before I offski on my Christmas holidays (so it's possible I might be super busy).

 
Last edited:

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,612
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@zimbardo we just had thatone from Grysun with 7 points... :XD That's the same char uberfayt has here with 8 points.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And I would think fucksake from Brandish is the same fucksake Gry nominated for his 1 pointer xD
Zimb doesn't likeme it seems, wants me to have only solo picks :feelsbadman

And I even mentioned that about Shewhoshalnotbenamed early :grumble
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
Didn't uberfayt and Gry pick fucksake? :o

He was a shitty school bully in the past, and at the start he was still a violent brat. No qualifications to be a hero whatsoever. I thought maybe he improves during UA school? No, still a loud, obnoxious and insufferable character. 200 chapters into the manga and Bakugo is still as awful as he was from the first chapter on. Any and all "progress" his character gets is extremely marginal and doesn't change that I dislike everything about him. And I very much doubt I'll ever like him. I'm truly puzzled by how he's so popular, and even after talking with several Bakugo fans I still didn't understand how anyone can like him.

He'll be on 4th/5th of my least fav characters ever list for a long time probably. Only scenes of him I enjoy in the show is when bad things happen to him, like when he failed the license exam. Very sweet.
I can only disagree with you, since its a matter of perspective.
Maybe because I just finished watching Season 3 of the anime and have all the details fresh. :lambirb
He might be "seen" as a shitty bully with a childish hate towards Deku, specially in the first two arcs of the manga, but he's much more than that.

Bakugo is a boy afraid of weakness, he views All Might as a "Symbol of Strength" so he idolizes him as the idea of a true hero, it might be a different approach compared to Midoriya's, but its also true: "A Hero is not a Hero if it doesn't win" He might be an ass to Deku but that's also explained in their second battle, they are both ambitious and striving for the Top unlike anyone else... just with different views.
Deku wouldn't be the Hero he's right now without Kacchan's influence (for example, he would have died against Muscular), just like Todoroki would have ended up being a mediocre hero if he didn't snap out of his antics with Deku's help.

His fierce personality might be more lovable for some people... but Bakugo is a very important character in MHA, he's a symbol of improvement and victory for the people that surround him and he's second in development to the main character.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,994
Reaction score
18,566
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
zimbardo we just had thatone from Grysun with 7 points... :XD That's the same char uberfayt has here with 8 points.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And I would think fucksake from Brandish is the same fucksake Gry nominated for his 1 pointer xD
I'll get it right one day...
:invalid
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,612
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Bakugo is a boy afraid of weakness, he views All Might as a "Symbol of Strength" so he idolizes him as the idea of a true hero, it might be a different approach compared to Midoriya's, but its also true: "A Hero is not a Hero if it doesn't win" He might be an ass to Deku but that's also explained in their second battle, they are both ambitious and striving for the Top unlike anyone else... just with different views.
Deku wouldn't be the Hero he's right now without Kacchan's influence (for example, he would have died against Muscular), just like Todoroki would have ended up being a mediocre hero if he didn't snap out of his antics with Deku's help.
None of this even slightly explains him being an ass. All you say is "he's an ass, but..!" then add some irrelevant BS about his aspirations. It doesn't matter, he's awful as a person.
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
None of this even slightly explains him being an ass. All you say is "he's an ass, but..!" then add some irrelevant BS about his aspirations. It doesn't matter, he's awful as a person.
He's agressive and bad tempered, but Bakugo is by no means a bad person. Bad person would be Shigaraki for example: using his underlings as mere pieces of his childish war against the system while adopting AFO's ways to control the ones in his influence and provoke fear out of selfishness. And that doesnt mean he's a bad character at all.

Bakugo has been shown to have gratitude and admiration for the other students in several occasions (Kirishima and Uraraka as the greatest examples).
Actually, he was only truly an ass with Deku, and the reasons behind it were explained in their second match: He hates to be looked down upon by people, and Deku is constantly chasing him, caring about him to the point its infurating. The idea that Midoriya "hid" his quirk and constantly strives to surpass him while still caring for him put him off to no avail. Its not until Deku manages to say why he always looks for him so much that they can finally become proper rivals.

Then if you just dislike his harsh personality I have nothing to add, its a matter of preference then (I actually find his antics quite hilarious lol), but Bakugo's character is really well made and improves the series he takes part of.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And this is almost on the verge of becoming MHA section material :ninja
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
@FaustXIII Koza was certainly more annoying than tragic, still I like the side we get to see of Mugen thanks to her, and I think that’s pretty much what her character is all about. She’s pretty bleh for sure, but at least served some sort of purpose.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,612
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
He's agressive and bad tempered, but Bakugo is by no means a bad person. Bad person would be Shigaraki for example: using his underlings as mere pieces of his childish war against the system while adopting AFO's ways to control the ones in his influence and provoke fear out of selfishness. And that doesnt mean he's a bad character at all.

Bakugo has been shown to have gratitude and admiration for the other students in several occasions (Kirishima and Uraraka as the greatest examples).
Actually, he was only truly an ass with Deku, and the reasons behind it were explained in their second match: He hates to be looked down upon by people, and Deku is constantly chasing him, caring about him to the point its infurating. The idea that Midoriya "hid" his quirk and constantly strives to surpass him while still caring for him put him off to no avail. Its not until Deku manages to say why he always looks for him so much that they can finally become proper rivals.

Then if you just dislike his harsh personality I have nothing to add, its a matter of preference then (I actually find his antics quite hilarious lol), but Bakugo's character is really well made and improves the series he takes part of.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And this is almost on the verge of becoming MHA section material :ninja
Why are we talking about Bakugo anyway, he hasn't shown up listed anywhere yet as far as I can see :lambirb

Shigaraki is the main antagonist, he isn't supposed to be someone most viewers would like. Bakugo on the other hand is supposed to be a Hero, yet shows no characteristics of a hero whatsoever. He is more of a fighter-only, not caring about saving others. Was hoping his failure in the license exam would get him to change and develop properly, but nothing so far. Curious how he'll even get his license like this without them letting him through despite not being a hero.

Yeeeaah, can't sympathise with Bakugo's "reason" for hating Deku at all. Childish. And no single quirk can "rival" the OFA quirk, so the only thing keeping them rivals is Midoriya still being awful at using it. Once he improves Bakugo shouldn't be able to come anywhere close, so this rivalry seems silly.

But can let someone else speak about him later if/when he appears on this list :catshrug
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Katsuki Bakugo
Boku no Hero Academia
GrySun
Late to the party, but I agree with this ^

What an annoying character. I guess he serves the conflict purpose, but his ground for his issues is so shallow imo... He ends up just being a loud crybaby trying to enforce himself over others. And how repetitive that is gets tiring.

Welp, I've only watched the anime, maybe he blossoms later on? But in the anime he felt pretty much the same to me during the three seasons. He's also so selfcentered and reckless he has no regards for what his actions as a hero might bring upon others. It's like a 0 notion an untamable Endeavor.
 

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,994
Reaction score
18,566
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
9 Points
Inner ear infection - you might not have had the 'pleasure' of experiencing this, but I assure you that it's probably worse than any of the people listed below...
​

Aku
Grashros
Valhalla777

August
Fairy Tail
Gryffindor

Bluenote Stinger
Fairy Tail
FaustXIII

Emiya Kiritsugu
Fate/Zero
GrySun

Excalibur
Soul Eater
Emperor Spriggan

Lucy Heartfilia
Fairy Tail
Organizized

Suzaku Kururugi
Code Geass
Grandish (GrySun Brandish)​



as with round 8, as neither Nii, nor I have anything to add (yet...)

 
Last edited:

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,612
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Late to the party, but I agree with this ^

What an annoying character. I guess he serves the conflict purpose, but his ground for his issues is so shallow imo... He ends up just being a loud crybaby trying to enforce himself over others. And how repetitive that is gets tiring.

Welp, I've only watched the anime, maybe he blossoms later on? But in the anime he felt pretty much the same to me during the three seasons. He's also so selfcentered and reckless he has no regards for what his actions as a hero might bring upon others. It's like a 0 notion an untamable Endeavor.
Me and Farf agreeing on something *-*

Nah he doesn’t blossom, at least not yet. He doesn‘t get much screentime after season 3 til current manga chapter actually, so what you saw of him so far in those 3 seasons is the full Bakugo as he is right now.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Shouldn‘t a certain char be on the 9 pointer too, if it was my 1 pointer and Brandish‘s 8 pointer? Or maybe there were more people with it.
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Good round for Fairy Tail. :teehee

Honestly genuinely surprised Lucy wasn’t a shared pick. Wow.

@Valhalla777 good call with Aku. Had a lot of hope for that manga but dropped it after a while. Feels like the mangaka did a complete 180 in what sort of story he wanted to tell, and the result wasn’t good... Aku’s character being one of those not good points.
 

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,994
Reaction score
18,566
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
10 Points
Welcome to the 'zone of agreement' - it's like the 'friend zone' but far more depressing
​

Akira Tachibana
After the Rain
Gryffindor

Aoto
Divine Gate
Elusia

Armin
Attack on Titan
BluePegasus

Eren Yaeger
Shingeki no Kyojin
Blue bells (BluePegasus Belserion)

Juha Bach (Yhwach)
Bleach
zimberion (zimbardo Belserion)

Ren Kouen
Magi
GrySun

Son Goku
Dragonball Z
uberion (uberfayt Belserion)

Yuu Haruna
Fuuka
Valhalla777​




There's nowt from Nii, but there is from me!



Juha Bach (or Ywach - as some people [possibly even the mangaka?!?] like to call him) is what happens when you design an unbeatable character, only to remember that you will, at some point, need to have him get beaten.

Bleach already had a stupidly psychic OP character, in the form of Aizen.
It really didn't need another one.

Now, before I begin, I'd like to quickly (and firmly) establish that I am not a fan of Aizen either.
He started out awesome, but was powered up in all the wrong ways (especially considering how stupidly unbeatable his shikai was).
When he fought someone, you could almost be guaranteed a 'I knew you'd do that, so I did this...' followed shortly by a 'aha! I knew you knew I'd do that, and would counter like this, so I also did this!!! - it was tedious, repetitive, and boring (and boring is really not what a [till that point] last boss should ever be).

Bach was that, again, but turned up to 11



Not only that, but his move set was really not that inspired. He had a literal A-Z of abilities, including one to negate bankais (one of the few reasons I continued was to see 'the pretty artwork' - to stop me seeing these, from characters which hadn't just been introduced right at the end, was a bit painful).

His backstory was bizarre (and not that interesting).

He was, like many other characters on my list, introduced late - to replace a perfectly good (well, compared to Bach at least), already firmly established, final boss.
 
Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
After the recent chapters how can anyone vote Eren :catshrug
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Goku isn’t that bad, but I’ll let it slide.
Eren is a little worse, but not without some redeeming qualities (as far as I’ve watched).
And I was gonna remark on a certain character being a great over-the-top love-to-hate character who doesnt deserve a spot here at all, but it seems he’ll be ranked even higher so I’ll save it for then. :grumble
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
I forgot to join this game again :emocat Floch would totally be in my Top 3 tho, LOL xD *cough* it would be hard to leave Historia outside of my Top 10 as well *cough*
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Eh this reminds me that i forgot to add Gabi in my list
 
Top