Games Mafia Game 80 - FGO - Endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
2 Minutes, where are the 7 votes?!
 

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Okay, this was a lot to catch up to in the last 40 minutes, so I'll cut to the chase.

1) In a 29-player game, there are certainly better ways to deal with the Seraph situation than lynching him D1.
2) Technically, my role may fall into that category... though it would hardly be its best use.
3) If I had to vote purely based on gut feeling, then Marmy or Brandy or Belsy. So votekill MarmaladeSky while I still can.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Beno said he has a good role tho, there's a chance it could be a bluff but Im reluctant to take the risk.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

ok what the hell is goin on.
Oh shu didn't read that
 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,373
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
You guys should pressure my Voters and the Lurkers tomorrow,otherwise Mafia wins this game too.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,619
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Bel or Beno? Hm..
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

!votelock Benomaru
 

Aurelius

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 10, 2019
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
8,860
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Votelock Seraph
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,326
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Abigail quizzed me as soon as I set my coffee and her fig muffins down, “Do you think Moriarty did it?” She questioned in between bites. I could read her suspicion in her eyes.

“Not the murders themselves, at least.” It didn’t matter if Moriarty was a clever orchestrator or a mere bystander, he was always guilty of something. At least at this point, I believed his claim. His hand wasn’t the one that kill either of the two victims last night.




“The Church and the Clocktower are at war right now, Holmes. Regret losing Da Vinci so soon but it’s pretty obvious why she had to die. Now that the facts are starting to come together, I will do my best to punish the evildoers.”

“Don’t be excessive.” I told him, already getting a bad feeling.

“Chaldea has secrets that those two groups don’t know about. Plus they don’t know what I’m capable of.”

He looked me straight and said, “Everyone will die and only a few will last till the end. Make sure to protect yourself. Things are about to get bloody.”

A voice snapped me out of the dream, “Uncle, can I have some chocolate milk?”

“Why do you insist on calling me uncle?” I massaged my temple before reaching into my trenchcoat pocket for one of those chocolate water concoctions with a straw. She seemed decently pleased with the item. Children 😤...

“Because I adopted you.” She said between sips of milk like a boss. “Now you’re my uncle.”

“That is a strange notion. The child adopting the adult.”

She just grinned.

“So you followed Arjuna back to Chaldea?” I asked Abigail. “That’s why you came back home?” The little girl could walk between worlds without being summoned. She was the perfect spy, if not a bit paranoid at times.

“Yes, he came to meet with Da Vinci last night.”

“Was he the one who killed her?”

“No they had a normal conversation. Then he left.”

“Was the January grail mentioned?”

“No but I suspect she has hidden it somewhere here. He might not have even known where. They talked about the singularities before they meet with Solomon - Camelot and Babylonia.”

“Interesting. Did anyone join them?”

“No. Not sure if any servants were camouflaged. There were no Berserkers or Alter Egos. I couldn’t sense either.”

We ate the breakfast in silence. Thoughts kept circling my head.

I muttered, “Moriarty also figured out her connection to the January singularity. That she was the one who hired the lovers to steal the grail away from Chaldea and Mal. And the reason why MAL had been able to access the avatars in the first place.”

Abigail folded her arms. “He’s smart like you though.”

“It’s more then a simple case of robbery. I suspect there was no hiring anyone to begin with. Da Vinci herself and Arjuna were the lovers. And now they are dead. Someone wanted to kill them badly. Why is that grail so important? Or did Arjuna’s organization find out and order a hit? A couple of different groups are behind them. I suspect either the Church or the WatchTower had Da Vinci killed. The other one killed Arjuna. Moriarty mentioned something I can’t wrap my head around yet. I think we should treat the current events like a Holy Grail War and less like a singularity.”

I thought..... until...

“Oh no! If what he said is true then that means they are going to lynch the wrong person today.







Sherlock and Abigail were too late to stop Moriarty and the rest, who lynched...

​
Thanks guys for the game!

Will drop to check more later.



They always want to kill him fast :emocat

About the killing parties, I assume it’s possible there are 2 mafias at least and a 3rd party (maybe even insane doc or so for town, to have as many kills as possible), or in another scenario, we have bombs, third parties (I wouldn’t be surprised with either mentor or at least 2 third parties), townie killing roles, and 2 mafias. All for the maximum chaos and kill <_> I

Btw, Votekill Vandred, welcome back, long lost rival.
Vote kill James Rye :grumble
votekill Seraph
come out, come out, wherever you are
Votekill Takuan

votekill Zasz
You're breaking my heart :biblethump

But with my incredibly fucked up sleep schedule due to quarantine, i probably won't even be here for the end of the phase... So much for me wanting to participate more.
I'll follow you with a random vote. :kappaNothing personal my dude

Votekill Seraph
Might as well feed into Seraph's cringe.

Votekill Seraph
Vote kill grysun <3
votekill Gry
Votekill James rye -> nothing particular, just that i promised i ll cast my 1st vote on him next game (payback from last game no offense )
Votekill bel
Votekill law because traps are trash :kappa
!votekill James Rye
Votekill Beno



It was the way of speaking tho, the point on Seraph isn't wrong actually. The lynch train's foundation feels weird on itself, the real reasons were brought later.



In the case I was Mason Recruiter... yes I suppose
Vote kill Juviii for now.

Said nothing about herself but seems to be following the game very closely. She even told Erin that Lambu had hinted.
Votelock Beno

Has been playing the exact same way as last game,flipped scum at the time,seems confident that he might get his way again this game.
I'm gonna vote Bel for now. She's been online for a while, like 20 min'ish and is prolly trying to catch up but I gotta drive and work soon (office shit to solve today) and wanna leave my vote alrdy, won't wait anymore. Y'day she followed my argument with Seraph and left it like that and also initially replied to me and Lambu but also dropped it after a moment, dunno if she's busy or somewhat hiding.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Jesus, like Satan lmao.
So I am not sure how to feel about Seraph’s claim, however I am not sure if lynching him right away is the best choice.

Votekill Brandish random vote, might change later - there is still a bit of time after all
Vote Kill Seraph. Not locking it in just yet and will stew over it more before the day phase ends so I may change that, but that's what I'm thinking at the moment.
Done backreading,

Belserion talking about the story does remind me of me talking about the gauntlet, but there was that post from Jinx about the answer. Playing with her last game, I saw her do much better as mafia, so trusting her for now, but something to monitor.

Seraph's reasoning for lurking was bizarre. I don't buy him watching people's behavior day 1, all I know he could used that time to come up with that response. Will be keeping any eye.

I see James has 3 votes. Based on last game, is his behavior really different? From what I learned about him, he does seem active in coming up with theories and talking about new roles a lot.

Also a lot of talk of not much revealing, which includes myself. There's stuff about interview games, someone speaking Shakespeare, and banter. For now, all I'll say is I have a good role.

For now, Votekill DD
Votekill Gajeel
Votekill MarmaladeSky. Random vote.
Votekill beno
just in case I forget the timer... here but not really here...
Ok i cant resist to stab my ex mafia boss sorry gry

Votelock Beno
Votelock Belserion
Don’t have time to finish reading.

Votekill Demonspeed

For stealing my votekill.



Bruh, only jealous people would do something like that.
Lock my vote in for Seraph (Votelock Seraph). Can deal with the lurkers next.
5 minutes left. Ah what the heck! Votekill Gajeel!



Not by me. But I also didn't pay much attention until SirSamuel asked for amount of posts.
Okay, this was a lot to catch up to in the last 40 minutes, so I'll cut to the chase.

1) In a 29-player game, there are certainly better ways to deal with the Seraph situation than lynching him D1.
2) Technically, my role may fall into that category... though it would hardly be its best use.
3) If I had to vote purely based on gut feeling, then Marmy or Brandy or Belsy. So votekill MarmaladeSky while I still can.
Bel or Beno? Hm..
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

!votelock Benomaru
Votelock Seraph

Seraph (5x) (Gajeel, Takuan, Brandish, SirSamuel016, BD_Beno)
BD_Beno (4x) (Seraph, Asako, goodboy_lawlett, GrySun)
Belserion (3x) (shinobi, Farfalla, Lambu)
Gajeel (2x) (Juvii, James Rye)
James (2x) (Raven, Erinyes)
Marmaladesky (2x) (Belserion, Vandred)
GrySun (1x) (gnut)
Gryffindor (1x) (digitaldude)
Vandred (1x) (Lady pompom)
goodboy_lawlett (1x) (Zasz)
Juviii (1x) (Demonspeed)
Brandish (1x) (Marmaladesky)
Demonspeed (1x) (Gryffindor)




Seraph, Master of King Arthur
Townie


​



Night has now begun. Nobody is safe.




~Night Length~
12 Hours​
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Night 1 Ends:


The night goes away quickly, but the kills were only just the beginning.

After looming over the dead bodies of Leonardo Da Vinci and Arjuna, the shadows move on to their next victims. They had been extremely careful to not get caught between the masters and the servants. But, hearing over the voices of many different people suspecting them for what happened, they were delighted, seeing that their ultimate plan of taking over Chaldea was working. Yet they were unaware that others planned this as well.

They waited till the dusk hits. Then, they saw that their opportunity was opened through the servants and so, they strike. Illusions. Confusion. Hidden Kills. Said servants suddenly up in arms, but they didn’t come out of the battle well.

They were all killed...

...as the sound of dripping blood was heard.

And only the shadows left to listen.



MarmaladeSky, Master of Circe
Spy



digitaldude, Master of Nero
Prostitute



Gajeel, Master of Ozymandis
Detective



~Day Length~
24 hours​
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Takuan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
1,839
Reaction score
7,564
Age
33
Country
France
I don't think i've ever seen such a horrific first Night result in any of my previous games.
That's 3 of the most powerful townie roles.. Let'shope we have more of them in town, since duplicates should be a thing with so many players. Let's hope we lost a spy and a det both with bad sanity.. That would be the only tiny silver lining, but yeah, this is awful.

On a side note i feel kinda bad for Seraph being lynched when i was away, because my vote contributed to that. Though to be fair, i probably wouldn't have changed my vote due to his vanilla claim, but still, feels bad to have lost him.

I'm going to bed now; hopefully tomorrow i'll be able to be active, contrary to yesterday.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,326
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria

The following players have received penalty votes for not voting: @desin24 @SonOfDaws @Kato756 @lakhan220

Vandred (6x) (Kato756, goodboy, desin24, Lambu, SirSamuel016, gnut)
Erinyes (5x)(Juviii, Lady pompom,GrySun, Van, James)
lakhan220 (4x) (Penalty Vote, Brandish, Farfalla, Gryff)
Brandish (2x) (Raven, lakhan220)

Lambu (2x) (Zasz, Demonspeed)
James (2x) (Sons, shinobi)
desin24 (1x) (Penalty Vote)
SonOfDaws (1x) (Penalty Vote)
Kato756 (1x) (Penalty Vote)
Shinobi (1x) (Erinyes)
Gryffindor (1x) (Asako)
Raven (1x) (Takuan)

Game Updates
START GAME 80/START DAY 1
END DAY 1/START NIGHT 1/END NIGHT 1/START DAY 2
DAY 2 ACTIVITY- DAYKILL
DAY 2 ACTIVITY- DAYKILL 2
~Day Length~
24 hours​
 
Last edited:

Gryffindor

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2017
Messages
158
Reaction score
4,056
Country
Gotei 13
Talk about lucky.

Not accusing outright because too sloppy even after you were called out on it but...James :cookiestare

Seraph might be coming back no? Townie and he hasn’t changed his avatar which he usually does.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Talk about lucky.

Not accusing outright because too sloppy even after you were called out on it but...James :cookiestare

Seraph might be coming back no? Townie and he hasn’t changed his avatar which he usually does.
When you mention James, is that the part yesterday when you said he was out of line?

Fair scout on Seraph.
 

Gryffindor

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2017
Messages
158
Reaction score
4,056
Country
Gotei 13
Yeop,

Like why point out she’s active when she can be townie, you direct attention there. Fair enough that any veteran might reasonably consider it, but if that’s the case they don’t need to be told.

On the other hand, why try to direct Docs/BG on an active claim that could be anything, including non-town.
 

SonOfDaws

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
897
Reaction score
4,978
Gender
Male
Country
Tartaros
That's to be expected... If the town is making the same mistakes as last game, then we deserve the same results, if not worse. Still, I think this bare bones game is a good time for us to improve and get back to and improve upon the basics of MG.

This is what I had originally typed up for my thoughts on what was going on at the end of that phase. I'm still including it in spoilers because, outside of my thoughts specifically to and about Seraph, there's still important things to note. I'm going to summarize the takeaways outside the spoilers though. The post:
"Considering the size of this game having more than a couple legit vanilla townies wouldn't surprise me in the least, but given our mischievous group of host, a couple death millers or sleepers being mixed in seems more than likely...

That's something to be concerned about, but what's even more concerning is the past repeating itself. The reason why us mafias were able to massacre the town last game was because of the town's tendency to get extraordinarily bad tunnel vision. Likewise, the vast majority of conversation for the past few hours has been about Seraph. No matter who that level of focus is on this early into a social deduction game, the focus becomes about simply finding reasons to pull the trigger/lynch them as opposed to a complete and thorough consideration of the person.

Now as for you, @Seraph , I genuinely think you could be telling the truth, but for the wrong reasons. No matter how a person looks at it, a day 1 claim that can't be self-confirmed is a massive risk and we dealt with that extensively last game with Knightmare. As Gry pointed out, the way you're playing at the moment is far more careless than usual, but given how last game ended and your likely role, I don't blame you. However, we lost last game because, for one reason or another, we got careless (with our first kill and our last). If people get too careless at these important points in the game, then loss is the only outcome deserving. That being said, I'm willing to give you some leeway, but that's only because I think you can be an asset to the town if you're actually committed to being on the side of the town.

[Originally was going to votekill James here.]

Outside of what I believe about Seraph's actual behavior, I think killing him is a shortsighted move. The difference in behavior points towards vanilla townie. If we "know" that to be the case, then, yes, mafia could keep him in mind when they want a possible recruit, but he's also an amazing target for a detective: A det has higher priority than a kill/recruitment so targeting him tonight means untainted results. From there they can check their sanity using Seraph's death from [a possible low priority night kill, go forward from there, and check Seraph again to further check their sanity and if his allegiance changed]"

The takeaways relevant to the game going forward:

- As last game and this D1 have proved, tunnel vision is still a big problem for the town and we should be aware of it.

- There's still an extremely small chance that he wasn't a simple vanilla town (Jesus, Sleeper, boss), but in a game this massive, vanilla townies were fairly likely and Seraph's death is pretty much a confirmation

- Given that, if a detective suspects someone is hinting plain townie, then investigating them could be a good way to check your sanity while simultaneously keeping the door open to double checking to see a possible allegiance change (recruitment) later in the game. This is something you may want to commit to doing, but keep in mind, the mafia can use this possible course of action to their advantage: Mafia don't have to worry about their allegiance changing and one of them claiming to be another in a handful of "vanilla" townies almost seems inevitable at this point.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,676
Reaction score
61,378
Gender
Male
Country
France
Great start...

I am not a Fate expert but do you think that avatars are actually tied to roles this time? I know Nero gets called the "The whore of Babylon" by Gawain and here we have Nero as Prostitute.
 

Gryffindor

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2017
Messages
158
Reaction score
4,056
Country
Gotei 13
Wouldn’t you be able to answer that yourself by correlating it with yours?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top