Winter 2013 Anime Preview: Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru
Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru
Genre: Comedy, Romance
Producer: A-1 Pictures
Director: Kamei Kanta
Series Composition: Urahata Tatsuhiko
Character Design: Otsuka Mai
Original Creator: Yuuji Yuuji
Eita enters high school aiming for the National University School of Medicine. Because of his parents' divorce—and his goal—he shuns anything to do with romance or love. One day, Masuzu, the school beauty with the silver hair who has just returned to the country, enters his life in a most unexpected way. Chiwa, his childhood friend since elementary school, will not let this go without a fight.
- Preview by Monsterguy: Actualy normally I pick anime based on trailers shown on the net, and my first impression after I see how well "character designs and background" look like. So based only on those criteria I would probably drop this anime, but the thing here was that this is an anime adoption from manga, which I follow and that does not look so really bad to me. At the end I have gone to watch episode one with little expectations.
But after seeing episode one, I must admit it, that the contrast of animation and the flow of colours there did not actualy disturb me as much as I first thought it would. Surprisingly the storyline also did not disappoint me, why it was as good as I thought it would be, even being able to put me in a good mood. At the end all I can say would be that I was quite surprised.
If I had to mention the only thing that kind of irked me a little here, already from the begining, would be Chiwa and her immature behaviour, if I may say so. Still, there are people you simply must accept for who they are, especialy because nobody even in reality could be "perfect".
This leaded me to conclusion that this series is in my opinion at least worth to look at, and not just the next episode, but also at the next "few" more !!!
- Preview by Doraku: Based on my own preconceptions that A-1 Picture will not disappoint anyone, I watched the first episode of OreShura. A-1 Picture has won my heart as an Anime fan, since they made some my favorite Anime last year: Magi, Space Brothers, and Tsuritama. The director of this Anime also was the one who directed the Anime adaptation of Usagi Drop. OreShura is your typical romantic comedy, which tend to develop into a generic harem story. I never read the manga, but somehow if A-1 Picture picked it up, I’m optimistic this series would entertain me somehow. The first episode of OreShura successfully gave one reason why I should look forward to the next episode.
OreShura starts with the introduction of a male highschooler woke up from his dream. The story then rolls into his obsession of studying and school, in order to get a recommendation to medical school. Then the disaster happened, when a famous girl – who was living abroad for a long time – came to his class. The story during the first episode is a so-so, a typical direction which you could see in bunch of other rom-com Anime, however, I need to admit that I’m craving for more. Animation quality is the only pet peeve of mine in this Anime. The colors are too sharp for my eyes in most of the scenes, thus I felt uncomfortable. One thing that I’m looking forward from this Anime is how the characters would develop from this point. Needless to say, this series should be picked up by those who are particularly interested in a rom-com Anime.
- Preview by Naomidee: First impressions, hmmm. Well, I thought the opening sequence was pretty annoying. Everything was much too cutesy for my tastes. In the first epsiode, there are three main characters: Eita, a boy that only studies and isn't interested in love, Chiwa, a childhood friend of Eita that is clearly wanting to be more than friends, and Masuzu, a popular and beautiful girl that has a hidden agenda. Both Eita and and Chiwa were rather boring characters and Masuzu was the only one that seemed to stick out a little bit. I find the high school setting to be a bit overdone, and it would seem that Oreshura didn't put enough of a unique spin on it to interest me. The series seems cute and entertaining, but it doesn't have enough humor or creativity to hook me.
- Preview by Josef K: Well I dive into these type of anime with hope. And OreShura kind of lived up to that. As everything that has just started it is blooming with potential. An interesting setting that has set up the basis of an episodic anime that has the general plot looming underneath it. We shall follow Eita, Chiwa and Masuzu. The potential for conflict here is enormous, and I guess there will be a lot of interesting things in it. I do hope that we get more weird comedic moments, the conventional jokes in this type of anime do not amuse me. But the characters that might brings this to the table are of the female cast.
Just a quick note on the characters, at first regular anime character, at second look a bit independent from their place in the anime. A hard working male, with his eyes clearly far into the future, sadly though that might be his downfall, a carefree and friendly little girl, and a mysterious "princess" like figure that should wear that nickname in a negative context. All in all I guess the fight between maturity and adolescence take place as the character slowly develop during the course of the series. My wishful thinking is all due to the potential in the first episode, watch it, and do not forget that this can turn out to be a brilliant winter season anime!
- Preview by naruto-niichan: If I had to name a reason why I was giving this series a try I probably would go with the premise. Granted it's nothing too special, I was and am expecting a harem rom-com but the boy being totally against love made me curious.
After watching the first episode I can now say that it's off to a potentially good start. It's not like I was really amazed but I enjoyed the boys attitude of being totally not interested in love. One of my favourite scenes was when the "super-beauty" sat next to him and all his classmates went nuts while he was the only one who didn't give a fu**.
And at the end of the episode this beauty turned out to be surprisingly weird and entertaining. Now I'm still not expecting anything that special but the show definitely has the potential to be quite entertaining, especially because of it's (so far) amusing characters. I will definitely keep watching the show for now~
- Preview by Kaiten: While a pleasant enough show, nothing about episode one of OreShura stood out. The animation was bland, with washed out colors, and little in the way of dynamic scene composition. The character design was from stock, typical bishoujo art. The humor also, rarely rose above the mundane, relying on time tested moe character quirks. The premise itself, while a little forced, does hold promise. There is room within the story for character development and organic emotional growth. The characters too showed some personality, and the potential to be more than genre tropes. Hints of bullying, abandonment, and loneliness imply some level of ambition beyond harem romance. Overall not a great episode, but there is some small hope for positive development, enough to continue watching for a few episodes.
Have you shown your appreciation today? Click the thanks button or write your appreciation below!
4 members and 1 guests have thanked Kaiten for this news
Tiranofrome, mikkih, Josef K., Monsterguy
|Jul 29, 2015||New Manga Shout Out: 7/6/15 - 7/26/15|
|Jul 13, 2015||Anime & Drama Restructuring|
|Jul 6, 2015||New Manga Shout Out: 6/29/15 - 7/5/15|
|Jul 3, 2015||Anime Summer Season 2015|
|Jul 2, 2015||New Manga Shout Out: 6/22/15 - 6/28/15|
|Jun 22, 2015||New Manga Shout Out: 6/8/15 - 6/21/15|
|Jun 8, 2015||New Manga Shout Out: 6/1/15 - 6/7/15|
|Jun 1, 2015||New Manga Shout Out: 5/25/15 - 5/31/15|
|Aug 1, 2015||To the Abandoned...||6||Sohma Riku|
|Aug 1, 2015||Bleach||636||cnet128|
|Jul 31, 2015||Assassination...||150||aegon-r...|
|Jul 31, 2015||Assassination...||149||aegon-r...|
|Jul 31, 2015||Assassination...||148||aegon-r...|
|Jul 31, 2015||Hinomaru-Zumou||58||aegon-r...|
|Jul 31, 2015||Hinomaru-Zumou||57||aegon-r...|
|Jul 30, 2015||Gintama||552||Bomber...|
|Jul 30, 2015||Gintama||552||kewl0210|
|Jul 30, 2015||Toriko||333||kewl0210|