Games - Top Ten Game - Most Overrated Anime - They think it's all over... | Page 13 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Top Ten Game - Most Overrated Anime - They think it's all over...

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
zimbardo what's the deadline, onegai ? :)
Try to get something to me by this weekend - I'd like to set the deadline for Saturday morning, but I am going to work on both Sat and Sun this weekend. I dunno how long I will be there, but my boss and I want to have a paper submitted before I offski on my Christmas holidays (so it's possible I might be super busy).

Last edited:

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I don’t know why Saint Charloss is on this list. I love hating that guy, and seeing him get punched in the face was one of the most satisfying panels of One Piece ever. And that’s basically what his whole character is for; being the stupid, snot-nosed, one-dimensional undeserving high-and-mighty nobility who looks down at everyone and everything, and gets punched in the face for it. It’s one of the few times a character gets away with being completely one-dimensional.

Also, the fact that he’s basically the only character who gets utterly rekt by Luffy without some sort of significant change in character (think about it) shows the power of his one-dimensionalness is not to be taken lightly. :cookiehand

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
19 Points
Removing nails Shion Sonozaki style - like with a plaster, it's best to get it over quickly

Shou Tucker
Fullmetal Alchemist
Faurina (FaustXIII Erinyes Arjuna)​

20 Points
A laxative overdose - the pain will, hopefully, soon be over

Alibaba Saluja

Magi
Lilu-sun (Linali Elusia GrySun)

Mavis Vermilion

Fairy Tail
faydish (uberfayt Brandish)

Sasuke Uchiha

Naruto
Orjunion (Organizized Arjuna Belserion)​

Nothing from Nii nor me

Now that the swamp has been drained, the chaff has been cleared, the silverware has been polished (a euphemism which I may have to use at a later date) - the real fun can soon start.

The trash has been drawn to the surface and will soon be exposed for all to see

I hope you're all ready...

Last edited:

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
It's not entirely surprising, to see Sasuke here

It seems to be a Uchiha trait to start off as a good (or at least, not terrible) character, then rapidly, severely, and painfully, become an unbearable, boring, and generally bad, character.

I, however, feel that, just as it is in the manga itself, the fall of Sasuke's character can easily be laid at the fault of other Uchiha (Itachi and Obito, respectively).

Not that story-wise they made him a bad character, but that them being shitty characters dragged Sasuke's character down with them.

Following killing Itachi (who am I spoiling here, really?!?) Sasuke had no drive as a character.
He just started 'doing stuff' erratically and in an unrealistic way.

He became an 'avenger' - and the mangaka expected this to somehow be a 'get out of jail free' card, to excuse his lazy writing.

Sasuke was written as an intelligent, aloof, character - but, following him murdering his brother, he suddenly became a character who would, more often than not, act in a less mature way than Naruto.

Read that again
less mature than Naruto
He had a teen angst, slit-my-own-wrists-and-listen-to-emotional-music-on-top-volume-leave-me-alone-mother-I-like-it-in-my-room, sissy-fit.

Again, as with other characters, it could have been done well - but it just really wasn't.

As I said in the Itachi bit, this could all have been solved if Itachi hadn't been martyred for the manga's handbrake turn in story direction - that decision, or perhaps rather the way that it was done and how it was handled, ruined any chance for Sasuke's character to shine.

This is ignoring all the bullshit powers he suddenly shat out - though, those are more a fault of part 2 Naruto, than of Sasuke's character itself.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Sakura should be even higher

And yeah Shou is a person whom everyone hates.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Mavis :fail

I've heard all types of rumours about it's conception as a character, not that I cared to verify. Supposedly it was never meant to be, just a legend rarely spoke of. And it would've been a 'he'. But, for some god awful reason, Mavis inexplicably appeared the next arc, as a ghost that only Fairy Tail could see. And this thing did not leave. It would appear all over the place just shootin it's stupid mouth off and acting like it knows shit. And then all these other grotesque plot developments involve it... I feel if I continue on this path I'll be banned. I'll summarise the backstory - it is a loli that is eternally stuck in that meat suit, who engaged with another troubled and important individual, and they 'naturally' produced a character that already appeared in this list. What a family, and a perfect foundation for a terrible character.
:disappoint

The most meme-able aspect of Mavis is 'strategy'. You get told it's super genius, it wins battles coz genius, coz it uses math (tbf a lot of other 'geniuses' pull this shit). I said before that I dislike when shows that try to take itself too seriously miss the mark. Well, there's another tier below that, and that's when something that shouldn't try to be serious does and then fails. Hiro shouldn't try 'strategy' it doesn't suit him.

:edumacated

And I get triggered that Laxus has panel time with it :pjsalt

Ah, that was therapeutic.

I do thank uberfayt with all my heart for putting the 10er on Mavis.

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Please host a movie edition of this 'Worst' top ten series @zimbardo
Not anytime soon - especially not till all the other top 10 lists are done - but it does sound good

I'm not sure how much crossover we will have though - hosting a worst 10 movies is like hosting a worst 10 music, there's a lot of trash around.

I'm not adverse to the idea though, will have to see how much time I can find
:verily

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Bakugo still hasn‘t appeared? :hmm Did someone other than me and uber pick him or was he overlooked/forgotten?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Ah Alibaba.. when you think a character‘s death fixes the problem, but actually ends up making the character worse. A staple among the group of characters that come back to life randomly.

Linali

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
@Brandish, I knew you added Mavis, I still remember, how much you loved her (and you thought you can decieve me, kid? :heh). But I understand you, I'd add her too, if I didn't clear my memory out of her (thank you for that, my brain). Even though she was hyped as a genius Fairy Strategist, once I saw her actually put up some war plan I had an impression, that there must be a typo in her title. Her decisions were completely illogical, stupid and led to the worst possible scenario, which is not a purpose of strategy as far as I know. Unless she was so genius, that my small brain wasn't able to embrace her greatness...
Nah, she's defenitely badly written :cookiehand

Alibaba. Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
First off, I'd like to officially welcome @Elusia in mine and Gry's Alibaba antifans' club :blush And now, to the right topic.

If I try to think of strong points of Ali's character, I think of him being a good comic relief. Really, this guy's very funny, when other bully him. And... that's all. Small positive fish in the sea of negativity. Alibaba's far from what I imagine main hero should be. For most of the series he sticks to stronger/more charismatic characters, mainly Sinbad and Aladdin and he relies on them completely rather than slowly become a leader himself. Which is not such a bad thing actually, because when Alibaba starts to do something, he usually worsen the situation. When other characters like Sinbad, Kouen or Hakuryuu have firm goal in their lives and try to realise it, Alibaba just is. And talks. A lot. A lot of beautiful things, I don't deny it, but mostly out of touch of reality, like he doesn't see and understand, what's going on around him. From time to time he was muttering something about protecting his homeland, but I can't recall him doing anything significant for it. Which is not a bad thing, as I already mentioned. And just when I thought it can't be worse - last arc happened and Alibaba was made a center of mess and pure chaos. His interactions with Sinbad, when Ali decided to help Kougyoku were pure gold.
A: Hey Sinbad, from now on I'm going to help Kou. I won't need your help, you just sit and watch, how they deal with their problems with their own strenght.
S: Ok, sure, do your best.
A: Thanks! But before that, could you lend me few ships?
S: Buuuuut... didn't you just said you don't need my help?
A: Oh yeah, you're right. Ok then, let's go visit Kouen, maybe he has some idea.
S: What...?! Wait! You can't bring this man back!
A: Why not?! Stop interfering in Kou's internal affairs for fcuk's sake. Btw, Kouen doesn't send his greetings.
S: Fine, do as you please.
A: I will. And you go and say other countries, that Kou doesn't have bad intentions.
S: I'm sorry Alibaba, but I just stopped interfering in Kou's internal affairs for fcuk's sake, just as you wished.
A: Dejm.
:shootme
Reminds me of aquarium fish from last scene of Finding Nemo:

Reading between lines of zimb's post I assume, that Alibaba almost made it to the top 10. Not bad at all, but still I wish I saw him higher.

Elusia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
@Gryffindor @Valhalla777 @Brandish @Linali @GrySun thank you all so freaking much :zomg

Whenever people say about the worst character in Code Geass, the first one that comes to mind is Suzaku, or the King and Queen of Britannia. I even hear Kallen or Lelouch, the big MC himself. To that I say, no, goddamn it! It's this annoying, selfish, obsessive jerk that people call a character! :no

Linali and Gry already make solid points about Alibaba, but I'm gonna add my personal thoughts about him. Remember what I said about Magi characters and that they have a strong impression on me? Alibaba's just there outside the circle of potentially great characters. He's nothing special to me. There were few times when he shines and it would have been cool to see, but he was immediately shoved back and get mocked. A pity... because the characters around him are great. He.. is not.

And the rest of the list:
Erza - not really the worst written fairy tail character, but I can see why people think otherwise.
Yashiro - oh yea, definitely. Screw this guy. Erased would have been a better show without him.
Tucker - not really a fan of this guy either. I didn't count him because at least he was relevant to the Elric brothers' development.
Mavis - understandable. She became from a tolerable character into trash in the last arc.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
:catshrug ?

He better still make it on the list, at least so I see uber add some comments to help me salt Lambu a bit :nod
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@Linali he was my 8 pointer, what place was Ali for you?