Games - Top Ten Game - Most Overrated Anime - They think it's all over... | Page 14 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Top Ten Game - Most Overrated Anime - They think it's all over...

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
zimbardo what's the deadline, onegai ? :)
Try to get something to me by this weekend - I'd like to set the deadline for Saturday morning, but I am going to work on both Sat and Sun this weekend. I dunno how long I will be there, but my boss and I want to have a paper submitted before I offski on my Christmas holidays (so it's possible I might be super busy).

Last edited:

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Man, zimb is really letting us hang onto this cliff isn’t he? :nrr
Sorry - sick child
Not had much time this weekend (and kinda forgot to upload)

Will do tomorrow
8th

Yeah, we are in the top 10 now
:verily

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Sorry - sick child
Not had much time this weekend (and kinda forgot to upload)

Will do tomorrow
8th

Yeah, we are in the top 10 now
:verily
So you're telling me Alibaba was in the top10? :zomg @Linali

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
8th place
21 Points
A cavity search from Lau Shimin - you'd be amazed at the dexterity his little monkey hands possess

Elizabeth Liones
Nanatsu no Taizai
The illusory bells of 9 Unit (Elusia Belserion Linali)​

Nothing from Nii nor me

That's it - we are finally in the top 10 proper

With only the 2nd pick from NnT, so far - for a series which I dropped, rather rapidly - NnT supposedly doesn't have that many annoying/terrible characters
:invalid

Last edited:

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
With only the 2nd pick from NnT, so far - for a series which I dropped, rather rapidly - NnT supposedly doesn't have that many annoying/terrible characters
This applies to me as well. Couldn’t get into it (I don’t think it was specifically because of bad characters though, but more of an overall... meh feeling)

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
7th place
24 Points
Toe rot - whatever the reason, it's not a stink that anyone wants to deal with

Emiya Shirou
Fate/stay night
8 lubricated treemen (Juviii GrySun Emperor Spriggan)​

Again, there's nothing from Nii nor me

If you like, you can pretend that our silence is in agreement with the pick (though, unlike Nii, I know nothing about the Fate series...)

Elusia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
@Belserion @Linali :hi5

I'm gonna apologize in advance for Nanatsu no Taizai fans. I am very aware of Elizabeth's development later in the series and she becomes a tolerable character. But I can't really deny who she is at the start of the series. She's just another damsel in distress with healing powers that the MC has to save. She's a better Orihime, which is why she's way lower on my list and despite a lot of things that happened between her and Meliodas, that doesn't save the fact that she's still on it.

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Elizabeth was groped in ways that embarrass Fairy Tail. I'm not talking different areas anatomically, but Hiro knows there is a 'trip and fall' before a character is put in an uncompromising position. That nuance is removed with Liz. Mel would be like 'oh what are these sand bags, I'll squeeze dem'. It was cold fanservice and abruptly put in your face ep 1. All she needed to do was slap him good. So I get the pick (obv I hate the pig).

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Joint 5th place
26 Points
Crawling through a medical waste bin - maybe you'll get lucky and prick yourself with something that'll make the pain go away

Makoto Itou
School Days
The Lovers illusions (Arjuna Emperor Spriggan Elusia)

Yukiteru Amano
Future Diary
The Lovers attend an orgy (Arjuna Emperor Spriggan Organizized)​

Will there ever be another pick from Nii nor me?!?
Only time can tell...

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
I can't stand d Yuki.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Ah, the infamous Makoto Itou...

I've stayed away from School Days in general, but it's hard to not notice the hate against this character. It's pretty much the only thing I know about the series; the main character is the universally agreed-upon worst character ever. That's almost enough to make me watch. But not quite.

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Ah, this..... jerk....

I really want to swear so much for this screwed up character, but I'm not gonna do that. I think a lot of people already see this guy as one of the worst ones out there. It's just the ones who really watched School Days all the through see how hated he is.

Just... :fail

I've stayed away from School Days in general, but it's hard to not notice the hate against this character. It's pretty much the only thing I know about the series; the main character is the universally agreed-upon worst character ever. That's almost enough to make me watch. But not quite.
Please, do not watch the show. You will regret it as much as I did.

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Kinda tired of the "let me pick this infamous bad sub and use it to troll/tease/make fun" of x character, especially the Shirou one's so heavily overused... :XD

Awaiting Nii‘s insights :teehee
There honestly isn't much point arguing with anybody who hasn't read the Visual Novel :p And I'm not saying that you will love or don't hate him if you read it, but by my experience almost everyone who did is at worst mostly indifferent to Shirou. It's no surprise that people who watched the old terrible anime dislike him, even the UBW anime doesn't do the most crucial part justice and changes it drastically for whatever reason (talking about the whole Shirou/Archer thing), but even if that was handled perfectly I could still see people disliking him.

To sum it up, anime-only guys can't properly understand Shirou. Perhaps you can get a somewhat better idea once all three Heavens Feel movies are released, but even then it's just not the same. Might sound a bit like an elitist opinion, but it's what I believe :catshrug So once you've read it we can talk about Shirou however much you want, even if you still hate him. Would be worth it, I promise :blushbirb

Linali

Reaction score
Country
Poland
So you're telling me Alibaba was in the top10? :zomg @Linali
Message of the day :strip Fully deserved.

Why hello there - we meet again :jk

Ehh, Eli, my 10 pointer easily. I had a problem with running order on my list, but first spot was hers without second thought. Perhaps it's because NnT is still ongoing, while other series from Top 5 are already over and nothing worse can happen, or maybe she's really the worst in my records, I'm not sure.
Anyway, I have to disagree with Elusia on one matter - for me Eli's worse version of Orihime. Inoue was noticing others around her, Elizabeth see nothing and no one but Meliodas. So ofc, because she's so her lover oriented (like she has nothing else to live for), her love story with Mel is important part of the series. For me, its first part is utterly disgusting and second part makes me want to vomit with rainbow. Seriously, how am I suppose to take seriously a ship, that is based on, not even fanservis, but pure sexual harassment? Even Lucy from FT is not affraid to slap Natsu, when he gropes her, Eli's reaction ends with blushing at most. And maybe because of this when their backstory was revealed I felt nothing special. Now I wish it stayed that way. Right now she's trying to save him from him saving her. What a cringe :fail Oh, btw, do you know, how to save someone, who wants to save you? Ally with the sworn enemy of all his kind! Then let this enemy go and fight with your lover without you watching over them.
But who needs logic, when you have boobs? Besides living, breathing and so one only for main hero, Eli's great example of "I'm a friend of whole world" kind of characters, which I reaaaally dislike. They're totally unrealistic imho, how is a common reader like me suppose to identify themselves with living saints with no shade?

She's a good healer, that's useful ability in shounens I admit and she had her few cool moments, but it's not enough to leave my list. I'll be watching her (not that I have much choice tho) and maybe Nakaba will let her do something, that will soften my pov on her a bit. But major harm was already done, I'm affraid.

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
4th place
27 Points
S&M really isn't for everyone - though, when it goes wrong, unless they were involved (you lucky things...), it's the kinda thing you really want to keep secret from your doctor

Pretty sure that both Nii and me do have some picks left to talk about...

As for Fairy Tail, I've never read nor watched (nor wanted to do either) the series - so I really can't discuss the merits, or lack thereof, of mr Dragneel.

I am impressed that a main character made it this far, however.

Congrats that man!

Fairy Tail does generate quite the visceral reaction in people.
Sometimes I wonder if people do hate it as much as they claim (I really hope they do)

It has always seemed to be the Marmite of the manga world.

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India

He is the worst lecherous rascal in the entire manga and anime history.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
The Marmite of the manga world. :lmao

I don’t like Natsu, but not sure I agree he’s really the worst of the series. Sure, he’s a walking, talking cliché (“I’M ALL FIRED UP! ... to make a million speeches about friendship) and has the most bullshit sudden deus ex power-ups of any major shonen protagonist, and hardly has any character development and... okay, I don’t like Natsu.
He’s seriously poorly written for a main character, but he didn’t continuously irk me as much as Lucy or Happy, both of whom gave me cringe-feels whenever they appeared after a certain point. I’m not sure which is worse.

In the end, Lucy is a terrible main female protagonist (and should’ve gotten higher points). Natsu is a terrible main male protagonist. And their damn cat made me want to shoot him in the face. When the main trio is that bad, there’s just no saving the series despite other, admittedly better elements.