Just a quick note: I am aware this has already been translated, but this is a "purer" translation that adheres more closely to the original Japanese meaning
*Only for use by Imperial Scans
tl by JinHea
- That which controls all evil in this world, the demon stone Dark Bring.
- The sole force of light capable of confronting it, the divine stone Rave.
- Dark Bring once disappeared after being defeated in the war, but
- now, after 50 years, it’s on the move again.
- Unfortunately, Shiba, the sole Rave user in the world,
- was beaten after losing THAT POWER
- But… right then, the one beside Shiba…
Shiba: When I was beaten by that man earlier,
Shiba: I could not use Rave.
Shiba: Do you understand?
Shiba: It was because the successor appeared.
Text after symble: Guiding Bell
Cattleya: Even so, I’m amazed he’s still alive after sustaining such a severe wound.
Cattleya: Haru… answer me, what happened?
Cattleya: Haru… listen properly to…
Cattleya: what big sister is saying!!!
Haru: Something stabbed me!! Just now!!
Blood SFX: spurt—!!
Haru: Don’t use Plue as a lethal weapon!!!
Plue: Is that this little one’s name?
Cattleya: It’s a good name. [aside] Despite being soaked in blood.
Haru: Isn’t the blood big sis’ fault?
Cattleya: Tell me what happened.
- Beaten up pretty nicely, aren’t you, Fable?
Fable: Why… are you in this place…
Shuda: Whaaat, I just came to take a look at my underling’s situation.
Box: Demon Card Special Troops / Shuda
Shuda: What’s with that wound?
Shuda: Were you beaten by Shiba?
- I was beaten by the likes of that kid…
- I’d rather die than tell him that…
Shuda: I see.
Shuda: You can’t help that.
Shuda: …so is Shiba still on this island?
Fable: Yeah. Most likely… since he’s suffering from a grave injury.
Shuda: A grave injury?
Shuda: Hm— you did quite well.
Shuda SFX: lean—
Shuda: I got it.
Shuda: While it’d be fine for me to go and finish Shiba off with ease …
Shuda: it wouldn’t do you any good.
Shuda: I received a new Dark Bring from the KING.
Shuda: I’ll give you my old Dark Bring.
Shuda: Kill Shiba and bring me Rave.
SFX: tremble tremble tremble
Fable: F…for me to… the Dark Bring…
Shuda: Listen up.
Shuda: Failure when you have use of my Dark Bring is forbidden!!!
Bold SFX: munch munch
SFX: shiver shiver shiver
Cattleya: This little one was that special a dog?
Cattleya: Then he must be returned to grandpa, right?
Haru: There’s still more to come.
Haru: When Shiba got beaten,
Haru: there was something he passed to me.
Haru: A pretty stone.
Haru: At first, I didn’t know what THAT was.
- That stone had the power to cause explosions…
Haru: and I was able to use that power.
Haru: Apparently that power can only be used by one person in the entire world.
Haru: The sole user Shiba couldn’t use that power anymore.
Haru: And in exchange, I became able to use it.
Haru: That stone… he said it was called Rave.
Haru: Also, he said I was the successor something or other.
Haru: He asked me to save the world in his stead now that he’s unable to use the power.
Haru: After saying all this, Shiba lost consciousness.
Haru: Big sis, what’s wrong?
Cattleya: There’s no way!!
Cattleya: You’re going off for a reason like that!!
Cattleya: I told you not to listen to what strangers say, didn’t I!!
Haru: I… I understand. What’s the big deal… don’t be so angry…
Cattleya: Haru!! My point is, you…
Haru: I… I’m going to Gemma’s for a bit!!
Nakajima: What has happened, Cattleya-sama?
Cattleya: Do drop the act. You heard, didn’t you?
Nakajima: Mweheeee!! You got me. Fwah fwah fwah!!
Cattleya: I… said things in the heat of the moment again.
Nakajima: It is not something to worry so much over.
Nakajima: Everyone has a lot of moments when they get worked up.
Cattleya: You’re wrong… that child is incredibly earnest.
Cattleya: One sentence said in the heat of the moment will influence that child’s life, I tell you…
Gemma: … so you’re the lord warrior who saves the world, and
Gemma: this pointy-nose is the sidekick? [aside] fufu…
Big SFX: Puuun
SFX above Plue: crackle crackle
SFX around Plue’s middle: munch munch
SFX below Plue: shiver shiver
Gemma: You sure that gramps ain’t senile?
Gemma: To say a kid like this will save the world…
Gemma: That LEMON SODA or whatnot organisation sounds suspicious too.
Haru: It’s Demon Card. You only got the “mon” part right.
Gemma: … so is lord warrior setting out on his journey? [aside] fufufu…
Haru: Course I’m not going!! I can’t make head or tail of it, anyway.
Haru: Anyhow, do you know this thing called “Rave”?
Gemma: Do I know, he asks hahaha!!
Haru: Is it that funny?
Haru: Now that I think of it, big sis got angry when she heard the word “Rave”.
Haru: Why’s that?
Gemma: That’s right— isn’t it cos she thought that once you leave the island you won’t come back anymore?
Gemma: Looks like she doesn’t want to be apart from you. Well, that’s understandable when you’re family.
Haru: I see.
Gemma: Once that gramps wakes up, tell him to come to my store.
Gemma: I’ll teach him not to talk about weird things to children.
Haru: Ah, that’d be a big help.
Haru: Plue, we’re going back.
SFX below bubble: crackle crackle
SFX below nose: crunch
Haru SFX: ga—pe
Haru: What’re you eating—!!
Gemma: It ate… pfft… the d… dff… doll… pfft…
Gemma: Is that really a dog?
Haru: Don’t die from laughter, Gemma.
SFX: slap slap slap
Haru: Hey— Nakajima, you were in the Old City, weren’t you?
Haru: You must know lots of things the people on this island don’t.
Nakajima: Wellll… somewhat…
Haru: Is the current world peaceful?
Nakajima: What’s this, how sudden.
Haru: Whatever, just answer me.
Nakajima: Hmm, it is complicated.
Nakajima: I cannot convey this very well, but…
Nakajima: As things are, the world is in a state where we cannot discern whether it will fall to good or evil.
Haru: What does that mean?
Nakajima: An organisation called Demon Card and Dark Bring are the origin.
Haru: Then Demon Card are bad guys after all!?
Nakajima: …I suppose you can say that.
Nakajima: Few on this island know about DC or DB, but…
- Everyone in the world knows. You can say it’s common knowledge.
- They use armed forces and DB to demolish roads and culture heritages one after another.
- It may be something meaningful to DC, however,
- to us, it is no different from indiscriminate terrorism.
- Naturally, military from the government is also on the move.
- Right now skirmishes are occuring everywhere,
- and it appears to be breaking out into full scale war.
Haru: Are you saying the world is gripped by war!!?
Nakajima: That is correct.
Nakajima: I… heard the conversation between young master and Cattleya-sama.
Nakajima: And I think a weapon like Rave should be entrusted to the government.
Nakajima: Now then, next, I shall tell you a love story from my youth.
Nakajima: That was when I was a pharmaceutical company’s…
Haru: Actually, I’ll pass.
- But I really wanted to tell it…
Haru: Big sis, I’m home.
Cattleya: Welcome back.
Haru: Big sis, it’s unfair to Shiba, but let’s have him go back once he recovers.
Nakajima: Young master!! Cattleya-sama!!
Haru: That Nakajima, what’s he fussing about? [aside] Is it feeding time?
Nakajima: P… please escape quick!!
SFX: r- [continued by p98’s SFX]
Haru: W… what happened!!?
Cattleya: Who’re you?!
Fable: What a great feeling.
Fable: To think that breaking something…
Fable: would feel so good…
Cattleya: What’s with… that guy.
Haru: He’s the Demon Card guy I told you about at noon.
SFX: shff shff
Haru: His appearance is a bit different from earlier though.
Haru: You don’t need a weapon?
Fable: Nah, no need.
SFX: dm dm dm
Haru: You okay, Nakajima?
Nakajima: Except feathers number 8 and number 9 were…
SFX above Nakajima: weep
Haru: You numbered them?
Fable: Or rather… feathers?
Haru: I won’t forgive you for destroying my home [small letters] and Nakajima!!
Fable: Ooh, I’m scared …
SFX: tup tup tup tup…
SFX: shiver shiver shiver shiver
SFX: twirl twirl
Shiba SFX: fssssh—
Plue SFX: shiver shiver
SFX: tup tup tup tup…
Cattleya: W… what happened?
Haru: Dunno. It was like punching iron!!
Haru: What the!?
Haru: His body’s shining!!
Fable: This is my Dark Bring’s power: “Fullmetal”!!
Fable: A power that transforms my body into metal!!
Haru: Th… that’s a Dark Bring!?
Plue SFX: shiver shiver shiver shiver
Haru: I see… with this…
Haru: You did good, Plue!!
Haru SFX: clench
Plue SFX: shiver shiver
Haru: I’ll make you explode again!!
Fable: So you had it!?
Haru: Let’s go, Shiny!!
Haru: The explosion didn’t affect him…
Fable: Bwahahahahaha!! Amazing!!
Fable: So this is a Dark Bring’s power!!
Shiba: Haru!! You unhurt!?
Haru: What do I do!? My attacks don’t work on this guy!!
Shiba: You can’t fight a Dark Bring bare-handed!!
Shiba: Use this!!
Haru: A sword!!?
Fable: You mean to cut iron with an out-dated weapon like that?
Shiba: There’s an indentation with the same shape as Rave in the sword.
Shiba: Insert Rave in there!
Haru: Like this?
Haru: It… it changed colour!!
Shiba: That sword, Ten Commandments, is something that draws out Rave’s power.
Shiba: Now then, Haru!! Run wild to your heart’s content!!
Haru: Actually, I can’t use a weapon like this.
- True, expecting him to completely grasp the use of Rave in one day is asking too much…
Fable: What’re you spacing out for!!!
Fable: What’re you doing…
Fable: This is boring me.
Fable: I’m looking forward to more destruction!!
- His heart is filling with malice.
- The symptom of someone wielding DB for the first time…
Fable: Who should I crush next?
Fable: You’ll do.
Fable: You’re already injured.
Fable: I’ll take my time crushing you later.
Fable: Anyhow, crushing this girl here looks more challenging.
Cattleya: Don’t come any closer!!
Haru: Big siiiis!!
Fable: You got lucky.
Fable: I’ll crush you next.
SFX: tremble tremble
SFX: -om!! [continued from p119’s SFX]
SFX: kabo- [continued by p118’s SFX]
Cattleya: It exploded.
Haru: The sword is changing shape!!?
Shiba: The Ten Commandments is a sword that changes into 10 forms with Rave’s power.
Shiba: That is the Explosive Sword “Explosion”!!
Haru: Hunh, it’s incredible.
Haru: Ah, it shifted back.
Shiba: That’s the default form, the Metal Sword “Eisenmeteor”.
- To have already grasped the use of the Explosive Sword in only a day…
Haru: Big sis, you okay?
- This kid…
- will likely become a Rave Master who surpasses me.
Shiba: Haru… that was brilliant.
Haru: Just leave it to me!!
Haru: Sorry, I’m returning this.
Shiba: What are you saying!? Rave’s power is absolutely necessary if you want to go defeat the Dark Bring!!
Haru: I can’t go.
Haru: In order to protect big sis,
Haru: leaving this island is out of the question.
Haru: So I won’t be leaving this island.
Shiba: You can’t!! You’ve already become the only one who can use Rave!!
Shiba: If you leave Demon Card like this, there will definitely be war!
Shiba: The military will be defeated in the face of Dark Bring.
Shiba: Finally, the world will plummet into the dark ages under the Dark Bring’s rule. [linked] At that time, even this peaceful island won’t be spared!
Haru: I’m sorry, Shiba.
Shiba: I see.
Shiba: I’m disappointed in you.
Shiba: You can just stay on this island and watch this world’s final moments.
Shiba: Plue, we’re going.
SFX: shiver shiver
SFX: glance glance
SFX: shiver shiver shiver
Shiba: Plue, hurry up!!
Haru: ‘Kay, big sis, let’s start fixing the house.
Haru: Nakajima, this is a rare opportunity, why don’t we remove all those petals?
Nakajima: H! How brazen!! [aside] and these are feathers!!
Text beside Nakajima: Grr!
- Haru’s staying on this island for me...
- … but am I… okay with this?
SFX: shiver shiver
Bold SFX: plop
Gemma: Welcome, what will you have?
Gemma: Customer, your sarcasm is beyond me.
- There’s no way you don’t know, right, Gemma?
Gemma: Why do you know my name?
- …since you’re Gale’ friend.
- Could that be… Dark Bring?
Gemma: Get out of this island!!!
Gemma: There’s no Rave on this island.
- Shuda-sama, a report.
SFX: tmp tmp tmp
- Fable was defeated!!
- Looks like the Dark Bring got destroyed too!!
Shuda: Hunh… that guy. Well, as I expected.
Shuda: My, my.
Shuda: I’ll have to search for it myself…
- 2nd Rave Master: Haru
- Weapon: Rave & Sword (Ten Commandments)
- Birthday/age: 0050. July 7th/16 years old
- Height/weight/blood type: 168cm/55kg/type B
- Birthplace: Garage Island
- Hobbies: going for walks, star gazing
- Special talents: all-rounder athlete, carpentry (he used to do a part time job)
- Likes: Big sis
- Dislikes: Bad guys
- The main character of this manga. I’d already decided on his appearance and name before serialization. The only change was his using a sword.
- At first the premise was to have him be an alchemist who can freely manipulate metal.
- However, since he had such a maniacal offensive style, it became a sword. Except a normal sword isn’t interesting. So I made it a little bigger, but it was still boring. Well then, how about a sword with 10 transformations!! And so this sword was born.
- Somewhat kind and earnest and compassionate, and, strong! I thought “if only I could draw such an ideal boy”… and so on.
Arrow text front of Haru: manipulating
Arrow text behind: Metal
Arrow: It’s written “Eisenmeteor”. It means “Iron Meteor”.
- Rave’s bearer? : Plue
- Weapon: Nose…or maybe horn… [arrow text] this
- Birthday/age: unknown/unknown
- Height/weight/blood type: 40cm (when standing) / 2.6kg / unknown
- Birthplace: unknown
- Hobbies: sleeping and eating, it seems
- Special talents: can prevent the deterioration of wounds and injuries (healing is not possible)
- Likes: candy, it seems
- Dislikes: an empty stomach, it seems
- …I never thought a character I thought up whilst doodling during middle school would appear in my own serialized manga.
- Even I don’t know if he’s a dog or whatever, since I can’t remember anything about the model he’s based on or the catalyst for drawing it, it’s an inconceivable feeling.
- “Mogra”, is what most readers say. I wonder what it was really?
- On a side note, it’s hard to draw him from memory without referring back to his appearance.
- Q. Why is Plue always shivering?
- A. That’s a SECRET [heart]
- Q. How many Rave are there in total?
- A. 5 of them. One of them is Shiba’s.
- Answering questions about Rave that pop up the most!!
Have you shown your appreciation today? Click the thanks button or write your appreciation below!
2 members and 0 guests have thanked JinHea for this release
Quick Browse Translators
Quick Browse Manga
Translations of this Chapter
|Nov 2, 2009||2||Luffy93|
Latest Site Releases
|Mar 30, 2015||Mozuku, Walking!||00||Sohma Riku|
|Mar 30, 2015||Hinomaru-Zumou||42||aegon-r...|
|Mar 30, 2015||3-gatsu no Lion||47||kewl0210|
|Mar 29, 2015||Assassination...||133||aegon-r...|
|Mar 28, 2015||Bleach||620||BadKarma|
|Mar 28, 2015||3-gatsu no Lion||46||kewl0210|
|Mar 27, 2015||One Piece||780||cnet128|
|Mar 27, 2015||Bleach||620||cnet128|
|Mar 27, 2015||Rin (HAROLD...||28||Dowolf|
|Mar 26, 2015||Mayonaka no X Giten||9||Dowolf|