All righty then!
Time to run up my post count :)
This is a little update on translation status, mainly for me and perhaps the few whom the following series apply to. Big list:
- Psyren - 71 - done
- Claymore - next issue yet to come?
- Liar Game - just finished ch 77. Editors are busy on the rest, 73 has just been released. Null project.
- Black God - translated the first two "new" chapters of v9, 59 & 60. New editors are working on it, have yet to see the quality of their work. Cross your fingers! Null project.
- I am a Hero - behind. I blinked, and all of a sudden chapter 4 is out!? What the heck!? Honestly, I already don't want to continue translating. If someone wants to continue this project PLEASE contact me asap. Somebody's got to get it rolling if this speed of raws piling up is any indication.
- Genkaku Picasso - A HUGE thank you to Vissitude for the scans, new translator stepped up to finish the volume after lingwe stopped. I was gonna do it, too late (oh well). BUT: It sorely needs a scanlator team. No one has done it yet. If it stays this way, I may seek a joint to get it done. I think there's a couple of pages in the tank scans no one translated. If you're doing it and you need them, drop me a line. I would be more than happy to redo/proofread-edit the translations out if anyone needs. It's a solid title IMO.
- Spray King - ch 5 just hit. Not high priority since the scans are so behind. Someone has told me they're working on it. Can't remember who.
- Oneshots: Foo Fighter Fuji is up, somebody scanlate it please. It's too good to ignore. Two other oneshots I intend to get to are Space Salesman and Jeep & Wagon, although I would be very happy if someone does Jeep for me. And if you're doing either, please tell me, I don't want to do all that work if you've already done it.
- Birdy the Evolution - I'm a HUGE fan of the recent anime seasons, fantastic in every sense, so I was hoping the manga would live up to it. Have not read any of it...someone has contacted me in interest of doing it. No time yet, so we'll see. If someone else wants to do it, tell me so I can get you in touch with the scanlator.
- Kindaichi jikenbou - there's two of these. A very recent one and the black magician one. Someone's expressed interest in the newest one. Black magician, I still haven't heard a word. Have not started either of them, will need other projects to finish first.
- Things I've nearly forgotten about:
- Magic Kaito - old null project by now. We lost staff on this project, stay tuned but if people don't seem encouraged to work on it I may get permission to turn the scripts & raws loose - but I would want someone to step up and finish it. If scanlators are willing and need me to finish translating, sure.
2. IWGP - Shiranui is MIA for more than a year now I believe. Did ch1, then he/she disappeared. If anyone is interested let me know. I posted the entire raw sometime back.
3. Claymore databook - ah, my youthful ambition. Databook is so much #$@ work. I want to finish, we'll see. The raws quality are awful though, it's a pain reading blurry scans zoomed in.
4. Other Oneshots I didn't mention, but are in my translation list. (we'll see, no word on that)
That's about it, I'm sure I've forgotten something.
I hope these news posts/mini-blog thing will prove useful. If it doesn't, well, I'll stop doing them.