Gintama The 98th Reading
-> RTS Page for Gintama 98
[Gintama] [shounen] Gintama The 98th Reading by Silver_Sea
Frame1, Hijikata Toshiro
- Katsura and Takasugi?
- Katsura, who used to be a militant extremist, has since become a moderate.
- It is rumored that he restrains the rowdier of the Joi ronin from causing havoc in the city
- That’s the reason behind his spectacular clash with the militant trouble maker Takasugi.
- Both camps appear to have sustained great losses. They have approximately 50 people dead or MIA.
- The infamous “Man-chopper” Nizo has also vanished…I don’t think both sides will be able to move in the short-term.
- What I don’t understand is, that compared to Takasugi who commands the fiercest knights on this side of the Okada river, Katsura should barely have decent pawns.
-What strategy enabled him to end up evenly matched with Takasugi?
- I have some startling news related to this
- Katsura’s side had a strange supporter who arrived with reinforcements…that guy…
- brought two mysterious brats with him
- He was white haired, wild and carried himself like a bushi
- Do you think that man could be—
Frame3, Hijikata Toshiro
- It figures. The last time Katsura caused a ruckus with the Ikedaya Affair, he was also involved, although he managed to slip through our fingers.
TN: In the Ikedaya Affair of 1864, the Shinsengumi prevented the burning of Kyoto by the Joi faction and delayed their eventual victory by a couple of years.
- Shall I probe into him?
- Well, that guy was already suspicious to begin with. I think you can tell that he’s the type who would just show up with a record the moment we probe into him.
- He hasn’t done anything major, so it’s probably fine to leave him alone…However, in the worst case scenario, he could be lying in wait for his chance.
- Suppose that we actually discover that the boss of Yorozuya is also involved in Joi activities…
- Then doesn’t that settle everything?
Bottom right text:
THE 98th READING
TO DECEIVE ANOTHER IS TO DECEIVE ONESELF
Hijikata: Whether he is a moderate or an extremist, without a doubt he is our enemy
- Execute him
…Is this the place?
-…the compound is bigger than I expected
Frame6, Ms. Otose
- Eh? Gintoki?
- That bastard got cut up so he’s over Shinpachi’s house to nurse his wounds.
R: More and more suspicious
L: He’s probably cut up because of his clash with Takasugi’s faction
R: But for me to execute him…
L: Doesn’t the Vice-Captain know how ridiculous he sounds?
R: He even lost to the boss himself. So what chance do I have against him? What was he thinking about…?
L: “Do it matter what”. He actually ordered me to do it. Do what? How can I accomplish this mission?
Kagura: WHO IS IT!!
Am I discovered!?
- My, my, my. So you’ve really come
-KU KU KU. I just knew you would come
R: How can it be? Is he really that powerful?
L: Has he seen through everything?
- Are you here to avenge your fallen comrades?
Text: What the—Mascotta?
- Are you talking about Maririn!!
(TN: Kagura is reading from Dragon Ball)
-Uwaaahh, owowow, guuuu, Gyaaahhh!!
- Ah ~Ah, oh~oh, ah~oh ah~oh
Kagura: Ah~oh, ah~oh UGYAAAA rumble rumble <Ah it’s BLEEDING again>
Gintoki: Hey--- you’ve totally lost me there. C’mon, pass the book over, I can read it myself.
Text: Ah, she was reading JUMP…Y’know that by doing this you can easily create misunderstanding!
Kagura: You’re not allowed! It’s too much excitement for an injured person to read JUMP. I’LL read it for you.
Gintoki: That’s why I said that if you want to read it then read it in a way I can understand.
Text: Whatever, I’m better off hiding under the floorboards first.
Kagura: “Ah-ha~, Manako-dono, please turn off the lights”
- Nishin ignored Manako’s request and started to approach her slowly, savagely…
Gintoki: AH AH AH AH AH! Stop! Stop it right there! It’s too early! You’ve not reached that age…
TN: Kagura starts to read Ichigo 100%
Frame1, Shimura Tae, Otae
- WHO GAVE YOU PERMISSION TO MOVE!!
Frame 2+3, Gintoki + Yamazaki
- Oh dear, Gintoki, how many times do I have to tell you?
- Your injuries are so serious that the next time you move you will definitely
-…DIE. I will kill you~
Gintoki: I’m sorry but could you let me stay at the hospital? I think I’m hearing things.
- I heard Otae with two voices and she even said “I will kill you”. Ah, no no no, it’s not your fault, my bad my bad.
Otae: No, that’s not allowed. If we let you stay at a hospital you will run away. But if you even think about running away from here you will be executed.
Gintoki: Listen! I heard it again! Like execute me! How can anyone talk like that to a patient?
Shinpachi: Gin-san, you are not hallucinating.
L: I almost got myself killed
- You must be hungry now
- I’ve been cooking
R: But thanks to the cut, now there’s a hole
L: for me to spy at what’s happening inside.
Otae: I made egg porridge
- But Gin-san you are not allowed to move, I’ll feed you.
Gintoki: Is this an interrogation?
Kagura: Let me do it, big sister
Otae: Oh Kagura-chan, you’re a good mommy
Text: Are they having dinner?
Kagura: Ah ah, it fell over! I’m so sorry big sister.
L: MY EYES! What’s poked into my eyeeeee!?
R: My eye is burning! My eye, my eye!!
L: This is potent stuff!! It’s definitely some kind of weapon!
R: I think they must have…
L: detected my presence long ago!
R: If I don’t leave now
L: It might be too late
Otae: There’s more in the kitchen, I’ll go get it
- Haven’t I told you NO MOVING!!
Gintoki + Yamazaki: GYAHHHH!!
- Hey quit it!
- At this rate I’ll die!
Kagura: Stop! Surrender to your fate!!
Otae: Shinpachi, fortress MODE ON!
SFX : Whoosh
- Ahahahaha! Do you think you can escape!?
- THIS DOJO
- has endured innumerable attacks by perverted stalkers and also to prevent thieves
-It is armed to the teeth~
- It is equivalent to a fortress
- Not even a mouse can think of escaping
- It is an IRON-CLAD FORTRESS!!
-So what about the revival of our dojo?
- That moron of a Captain!!
- Its all because of his monkey business…
Frame3, Kondo Isao
- AH HA HA HA!
- Miss Otae, you are too cute!
-“Don’t even think of leaving”--- is this a secret reply to me?
- Miss Otae, do you want to build an iron-clad fortress of love with me?
- Yes! That’s got to be it! Think positively, Isao, think positively
- Under these circumstances, if I have a single negative thought then I shall melt away like the poor Haagan Dazs.
Yamazaki: YOU ARE REALLY HERE!!
Kondo: This voice! Yamazaki-kun! Is that you, Yamazaki!!
- Dammit, of all the people to come to my rescue why does it have to be that “curse of death”?
Bottom right, Yamazaki: I’m going now. I’ll call for Zaoriku-kun to help you out.
Bottom left, Kondo: No! I was just joking!! Luckily its not Zariki-kun! Luckily its not Kenpachi-kun! Isao-kun!
Kondo: Hurry up and pull me up! This is serious! I’m shaking like mad…ah, just like a new born gorilla…
Yamazaki: You mean a new born baka, Captain
Left top, Kondo: No! No! It’s not a mistake, I mean spiritually! Anyone would feel insecure when they are newly born!!
Left bottom, Yamazaki: How are you insecure when you are already 30 years old?
Frame2, Sarutobi "Sa-chan" Ayame
-You’re so naive
- Miss Otae, do you think that just by setting these traps you can sever my feelings for Gin-san?
- Conversely does this mean you are afraid of me? That I have a chance with Gin-san?
- Yes! That’s got to be it! Think positively, Sa-chan, think positively
- Under these circumstances, if I have a single negative thought then I shall be smashed like those poor glasses, Sa-chan.
Yamazaki: IS THERE ANOTHER BAKA HERE!!
Sa-chan: Isn’t this Gin-san’s voice! I’m so sorry to make you rescue me. What I wanted to do was to take care of you that’s why I came here. But instead this happened…
Yamazaki: You’re mistaken, baka! Did losing your glasses affect your hearing as well?
Top left, Sa-chan: Oh ho ho, of course it is you, Gin-san. Only you know how I like to be teased like this, you can’t trick me.
Bottom left, Yamazaki: Why is it that only annoying people have fallen into the holes!?
Kondo: Yamazaki-san! What’s keeping you! If you don’t hurry up the baby gorilla will die!
Sa-chan: You must be Gin-san, you know it feels delicious to be anxious. Alright then, I will play along.
Middle, Yamazaki: SHADDUP!!
Kondo: What did you say!? The Yorozuya bastard and Miss Otae are actually living under the same roof!?
Yamazaki: This is not the main point! It’s the investigation! We are here to investigate the boss of Yorozuya!
Kondo: You are playing with my feelings! How can this be true! You devious woman! I’ve come here so many times and each time I’ve only slept with bamboo poles!
Yamazaki: This is no good. Hey, did you hear what I just said?
Sa-chan: What’s wrong with you, discouraged by this little thing? A perverted stalker has to have a hard shell.
Top left, Kondo: What did you say, you sick woman!!
Bottom left, Yamazaki: Hey, hey, when did this place turn into a forum for perverted stalkers?
- In this world, the only thing I live for is him. I don’t think you have taken enough punishment to appreciate this.
- For example, even when I heard that Gin-san had a kid, not only did I did not mind, I was even glad for him.
- Hey, stop calling me perverted stalker this, perverted stalker that! Stop comparing me with you!
-I’m a normal guy, just a little bit dumber at dating, much more clinging and likes secrecy!
Yamazaki: That IS a perverted stalker.
Sa-chan: This is classic ---- you mean you never realized that you were a perverted stalker?
Kondo: I am definitely not a perverted stalker! If you have to, then call me a seeker --- a seeker of love
Yamazaki: Captain…enough is enough. This is not the time for this kind of discussion
-“According to the situation, carry out the execution”
- That was the order, now what should I do?
- Isn’t it obvious that cutting him is the solution!!
- I’ll be more than happy to carry it out personally!
- Just you try it
- I’ll let you know the consequences of touching Gin-san
- Hey, hey, listen to me
- Stop it you two…
Frame4, Kondo + Sa-chan
- Dammit, I have the worst luck
- Why do I have to suffer like this?
Frame3, Kagura + Otae
- Surrender to your fate!!
PAGE 15: No words
PAGE 16: No words
R: I think that the boss of Yorozuya
L: Is not someone to be understood by the likes of me
R: No matter how I try, I still don’t get it.
L: There are those who love him and those who hate him
R: Even though he drags those around him into chaos
L: They still continue to gather at his side
R: Ah, will you say that this is ridiculous? That he’s a Joi patriot?
L: I don’t think so… even though I can’t exactly say why
Tetsuko: Um, hey…
- Ex…Excuse me
- Em…Gin-sensei…Is he there?
Tetsuko: …You live here don’t you?
- I heard that Gin-sensei is here, but no one answered the door
- You’re better off not going in, it’s very dangerous right now
Tetsuko: Well…then at least, could you help me pass a message?
-Many things have happened recently
- But, I am living happily now
- I just want to say thank you
- That’s all
R: The Joi movement? That type of thing would be too complicated for him to understand.
L: He is just that kind of guy
I think it would be so nice to see her smile.
Your subordinate reckons that the boss of Yorozuya is not involved in the Joi movement. Because the girl said so. I think it would be so nice to see her smile.
Thank you Teqq-san, your suggestions have been incorporated! :P
Thank you for reading and any suggestions will be appreciated.