The Violated Taboo
-> RTS Page for Claymore 86
- Woah! A single stroke, huh?
- Not bad!
- Cutting it in half from a high place in order to compensate for her body's small size and light weight
- She's accustomed to fighting against awakened beings
- Dietrich's soaring sword stroke!!
- The Violated Taboo
- Mission to subdue awakened being - accomplished!!
- How are they?
- They're okay
- There are no deep wounds
- They all just lost consciousness and should wake up soon
- Glad to hear it
- You really helped us out
- That we're still alive is thanks to you two
- I thank you
- We don't want your thanks
- But, for certain reasons
- We'd appreciate it if you'd keep quiet about us towards the organization
- Sorry, but I can't do that
- I have sworn loyalty towards the organization... I can't lie to them
- I can't just not answer if they ask me
- Luckily, only I saw your faces...
- If you don't want the organization to know about you, I would like you to kill me here and now
- Rather than tell a lie,
- you'd choose death?
- That's a matter of my way of living
- I don't know of any other way
- Oh man, what an annoying midget
- If we killed you here, our whole involvement here would become meaningless
(lit: If we killed you here, "what was it that we just did here?" would become the question)
- Oh well
- Still better than if you had turned your blade on us after we defeated the awakened being
- Let's go, Helen
- Oi oi oi
- This is bad, Deneve
- What do we do now?
- This has turned into a little bit of a problem...
- To think that we can't shake her off
- In simple movement speed, she's even with us...
- Most importantly, she seems to have the stamina
- Is there something you want, little lady?
- Did you think it over and decide to kill us?
- Since then...
- I've briefly thought about it...
- If you two had abducted me there, I wouldn't need to return to the organization and make a report
- Everything would settle nicely, without going against my sense of honor...
- What nonsense are you spouting?
- What good would it do if we kidnapped you?
- It would be fine if you just gave that appearance
- I would just follow you
- If I'm in your way, I don't mind if you kill me
- But this southern land has also changed a lot from seven years ago
- If you were hidden in the northern lands for a long time, you'd need a guide, wouldn't you?
- How do you...
- It's just a guess
- As to it's truth, you don't have to answer, and I don't plan to pursue it
- You said it's very different from seven years ago?
- Just what are you saying is so different?
- First, half of the towns of the southern lands have been wiped out
- And especially from here on... it would be better to stop advancing south
- Ha... half?
- Just what exactly happened?
- The particular reason has not been made clear
- I also just know the current state
- Just what...
- lies ahead of us?
- I'm not in a position to tell you any details
- I would like you to think of this as my strongest possible warning
- In the southern lands ahead of us...
- There is something they call a "devil"
- But you know ...
- It's one half, one half!
- If half the towns are gone, that means whether Deneve's and my own home town is still around is quite questionable
- Oh well, either way we have no choice but to go and make sure
- I did warn you
- Do you still want to continue onwards?
- That's what we came this far to do
- Just because of a single warning that we don't understand well, we can't just turn back with our tail between our legs
- And, the devil you mentioned
- Having come this far, we've figured out what you're talking about
- More like, he's there, in that town
- A single ridiculously strong youki
- On the same level with Riful who we met before...
- Or rather, even stronger...
- The abyssal one of the South...
- Isley, the man who defeated Luciela, huh...
- Well yeah
- I guess you could say he's like a devil
- And? What do we do, Deneve?
- What do you mean by "what do we do"?
- I'm saying, at least for the moment there's an abyssal one, and yet the town is still there
- In a human body, he can blend in with the people, and he's behaving himself, don't you think?
- Don't you want to take a look?
- At this abyssal one, Isley?
- You don't understand what Miria told us at all, do you...
- What the hell. So, you're saying you have no interest at all
- in him?
- Don't be stupid
- He's the former abyssal one of the North
- We had no direct contact, but he's the mastermind behind the battle of the North
- You could even say he's the main enemy of the comrades who fell in the North
- W... woah, calm down
- I'm not saying we should fight him here and now at all
- In the end, we'll just take a quick glimpse
- With our youki hidden like this, he won't notice us
- What are you thinking
- You'd better not
- Ah, you stand by
- We wouldn't be able to approach him if a warrior's youki was emitted close to us
- Don't worry, we'll be back soon
- Wait a sec...
- What a brazen bunch
- But, facing an abyssal one...
- Will they really escape his notice just because their youki is hidden?
- It's quite a lively town, isn't it?
- There's a lot of people too
- You really wouldn't think there's an abyssal one here...
- Be careful
- Even though our youki is hidden, our eyes are still silver like before
- If someone sees our eyes, the fact that we're warriors will be exposed
- It's this way
- Woah! What's this
- The strength of this youki isn't normal
- Do normal folks really not notice any of this?
- I've heard that those with sharp senses do feel something
- They don't understand why but they don't want to be there... or something like that
- Really? That would be annoying
- I bet they suffer without anyone understanding them
- It's strange...
- Huh? What is?
- I was preoccupied with the abyssal one's presence and didn't think much about it, but...
- This situation is strange in a lot of ways
- First of all, why does he hide his identity and stay in this town?
- I don't understand why he would conceal himself as a human
- And one more thing...
- The phrase she used earlier...
- The term "abyssal one" is not a word that particularly needs to be hidden
- Why did she purposely use a different expression for it?
- Oh no...
- Right in front of us, all of a sudden
- This is...
- No, don't freeze up...
- He shouldn't be able to detect our youki...
- In the end, he'll just see us as humans...
- Let's go, Helen
- Ho... hold on a sec...
- My... my legs...
- Did he see it...?
- What's wrong
- Are you hurt?
- N... no...
- My sister always has trouble with her legs...
- Shall I lend you a hand?
- It's alright, I am there for her
- Please, don't worry about us
- I see. Please watch your health
- Thank you very much for your concern
- You worthless scum...
- Warriors who hide their youki, what's with that?
- You're an eyesore
- Turn to dust
- At a time like this...
- The devil...
- has returned...
Lower left corner
A grotesque figure (in furigana: "The devil") is closing in on the town