-> RTS Page for Chihayafuru 44
*Only for use by LAS
tl by JinHea
- I— / see you every morning at the station— / and I was thinking, damn she’s cute, you know?
- So you wanna go out?
Insert: 44th song
- You should have refused.
- Eh? / So quickly, Kana-chan!?
- Of course. / He’s from another school and doesn’t know a thing about you.
- But! But!
- That was the first time I’ve been asked out!
- This might be the only chance I get!
- Her first time? For real? / She really is a waste of a beauty…
Bold SFX: psst psst
- But it’s true that the more time I spend around her the less I think of her as pretty. / I only thought it at first.
- I think the fact she’s not popular with guys at our school… / has more to do with how Mashima-kun is always around her.
- Why’s that?
- I think you should…
- go out with him.
- You won’t understand if you don’t go through it, Chihaya.
- How it’s impossible.
- For you to go out with a guy who doesn’t know you play Karuta.
- It’s out of the question.
- I get it…
- But he’s already texted and phoned me heaps…
- You gave him your number?
- I’ll call and refuse him properly…
- I’ve blocked his number.
- Starting tomorrow, you’re getting up early and taking the train with me.
Card 1: Taira no Kanemori / Shinoburedo / ironi ideni keri / waga koi ha / mono ya omou to / hitono tou made [Translation of this poem by Professor Mostow: Even though I hide it / it shows all over my face / such is my longing / so that people ask me / “What ARE you thinking about?”]
Card 2: Taira no Kanemori / Koisu tefu / waga naha madaki / tachini keri / hito shirezu koso / omoi someshi ka [Translation by Professor Mostow: My name already / is bandied about with / rumours I’m in love— / though, unknown to anyone, I thought, / I had only just begun to love her!]
- The pair of songs that vied for first place in the Tentokudairi Song Contest hosted by Emperor Murakami in the year 960.
- When I look at our club president, these songs appear in my mind.
- Songs of secret passion kept barely hidden.
- Even if those blockheads in the club don’t get it…
- I sympathize with you, club prez!
Nishida aside: I’ve never blocked someone.
Komano aside: Me neither—
Chihaya aside: Bye bye, Watanabe-kun…
Dark shaded blocks: Those / block / heads
Screen from top down: Watanabe Ayumu / Watanabe Satoru / Wada Marimo / Wataya Arata. Cell / Wataya Arata. Fukui home
- I can’t text him.
- Even though I had Taichi tell me his number and all…
- Arata lost in the 4th round of the West Japan Qualifiers.
- Arata, what was he feeling?
- How frustrated did he feel?
- There’s so much I want to say…
Rightmost bubble: Did something happen?
- Yuu— why is Wataya-kun always making that face lately?
- Love trouble?
Below bubble: turmoil
- Are you that torn up about the West Japan Qualifiers?
- You entered for the first time and got into the top 8, that’s really good. / Especially considering you took time off from playing.
- Just try harder next yea…
- It’s not enough.
- The amount I practice…
- The effort I put in…
- The time I’m spending…
- I shouldn’t have stop playing.
- Not even for a day.
- I shouldn’t have put down those cards.
- All-Japan Karuta Association / Fukui Prefecture Karuta Association
- Thank you very much.
- Thank you very much.
- The one who beat me and became the West japan representative, Takemura-san—
Aside: proud of his muscles
- wasn’t very skillful, but…
- He had momentum from having placed four times this year…
- and the stamina to last six rounds.
- People play for keeps in a competition.
- I’ll need to make it a tension-filled match every time at practice.
- It may be practice, but play for keeps.
- Arata-kun / your third match…
- is with Daisuke-kun. He entered C Class last month.
- Eh— / I don’t wanna! Big brother Arata’s scary—
Aside: 1st year middle school
- Gya— I’m scared—
- Murao-kun isn’t coming today either, is he.
- He hasn’t come since November. / And Horiiwa-san’s struggling with his graduation thesis, so he’s absent…
- There aren’t enough opponents for Arata-kun, sensei.
- As long as YOU work hard…
- I’m home—
- Shinichi, Shinichi!
- What have you been doing? You’re late! / Arata-kun’s been waiting for you—
[NB: I just really want to say Arata looks so cute all stressed out in this panel!]
Aside: eat / eat—
- We started cooking the hotpot already.
[NB: Once again, too cute!]
Aside: It’s yummy— Eat—
Below rice: huge
- Good evening…
SFX: bubble bubble
- I’m sorry. I went in and even had dinner…
- No… I can imagine what happened.
- They all do it, don’t they. / My mother would invite anyone into our house…
- So, what is it?
- You came to tell me to go to practice?
- It’s not like you.
- I don’t remember you being this meddlesome.
- You just up and stopped playing Karuta for over a year and a month.
- Can that you really tell someone else, “come practice”?
- I know you want to get better… / but I can’t practice with you.
- Give everyone Nagumo Meet my regards.
- regretting it…
- I regret running away from Karuta.
- I regret the time I wasted…
- You can’t separate yourself from it too long.
- My goal is to become Meijin.
- terrifying~~~ / that idea is terrifying~~~
- There’s no Karuta but that which aims to be Meijin~~~
- I can no longer play…/ at that level.
- Look me up if you just want to play for kicks.
- “It’s not like you”.
- I will…
- come again.
- November Xth / Held at Tokyo Karuta Commemoration Ootsuka Hall is… / the Meijin/Queen Challenger Playoffs between the East and West Japan representatives.
SFX: excited excited excited
- Kana-chan, you look happy.
- Because, you know!! / They’re finally playing in traditional clothing!
- The Challenger Playoffs…
- where players wear hakama and play a set of three matches.
Megumu description: West Japan Representative / Akashi Meet / Ousaka Megumu / 17y.o.
Yumi description: East japan Representative / Suihoku Meet / Yamamoto Yumi / 24y.o.
Hiroshi description: East Japan Representative / Shiranami Meet / Tsuboguchi Hiroshi / 22y.o.
- First person to get two wins becomes the representative…
Keiichi description: West Japan Representative / Koutokuin University Karuta Meet / Takemura Keiichi / 28y.o.
- and gains the right to challenge the Meijin/Queen in January at Oumi Jinguu.
- It appears the West Representative girl isn’t used to wearing hakama.
Aside: her hem’s a little long
- Even if you can get through the Qualifiers relying on your vigour… / it’s a question of whether or not you have experience from here on out…
- Frankly, we of Shiranami Meet take pride in our depth of experience!!
Aside: Cooling packs / (on his back and lower back too)
- Nine cooling packs! It’s a flawless counter-measure against the heat! / It’s especially important to keep the head cool—
- Tsuboguchi-kun, the others are fine. Just take off the one on your forehead.
- The TV crews are coming…
- Whatever I do…
- I can’t help but wonder…
- if I hadn’t played such a hasty match…
Sign: Meijin/Queen / Hosted by the All-Japan Karuta As
- would I have been able to come here?
- Would I be the one sitting over there?
- Peel / peel
- “Well, this is as far as I go—“
- I got to…
- become the East representative…
- because of Harada-sensei. He wore down Kotegawa-kun for me in the semi-finals.
Box 1: Semi-finals
Harada aside: yeahhhh!
SFX: wheeze— wheeze—
- Watch me, sensei.
- Excuse me.
- May I put on a headband?
Headband: Fight on, Megumu!
- I was conceited.
- Thinking something like “I’D be sitting there if I had tried harder.”
- The ones there…
Sign: Meijin/Queen Challenger Playoffs / Hosted by the All-Japan Karuta Association
- are the east and west “representatives”.
- OUR representatives.
- Match start.
Sign: Meijin/Queen / All-Japan Karuta
- That was my card.
- Gyah— I’m scared—
- Thank you very much.
- Unh / hic
- Big brother Arata…
- I’ll get better. / I’ll work hard.
- So don’t stop playing with me. / Please.
- All of you!
- We have our challenger!
- Takemura-kun to challenge the Meijn, / and Yamamoto Yumi-san to challenge the Queen!
- Shiranami Meet’s Tsuboguchi-san…
- That was intense— / Aw man, playing against the same person three matches in a row is just~~
- Plus Takemura-san was like a heavyweight tank—
- Can I take this off now—? / Ah— I want some beer—
- Shiranami Meet’s dearest wish…
- for our Meet to produce a Meijin someday…
- Fufu [heart]
- I’m getting chills.
- Ah, Shinobu-ch-
Have you shown your appreciation today? Click the thanks button or write your appreciation below!
2 members and 3
guests have thanked JinHea for this release
Quick Browse Translators
Latest Site Releases
||MH Yearbook 2012
|Aug 22, 2017
|Aug 19, 2017
|Aug 19, 2017
||Shokugeki no Soma
|Aug 18, 2017
|Aug 18, 2017
|Aug 17, 2017
|Aug 13, 2017
|Aug 12, 2017
|Aug 11, 2017
|Aug 10, 2017
||Nanatsu no Taizai