Info - Art Contest Hall of Fame 2012 - 2020 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Info Art Contest Hall of Fame 2012 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu

Hello, everyone! Welcome to the Hall of Fame of MangaHelpers' Art Contest!

This is where we display past winners of the Art Contest from 2012 onwards. For 2008-2012 contest winners, please visit HERE.
This thread displays all the past winners of the various art contests to acknowledge their effort in making the brilliant artworks. Enjoy them and be inspired.

Reminder - You're free to use any of the entries for your own personal use (for wallpapers, avatars, signatures, etc.) but be sure to credit the owner of the artwork.

Art Contests from 2012 - Here
Art Contests from 2013 - Here
Art Contests from 2014 - Here
Art Contests from 2015 - Here
Art Contests from 2016 - Here
Art Contests from 2017 - Here
Art Contests from 2018 - Here
Art Contests from 2019 - Here
Art Contests from 2020 - Here

Last edited by a moderator:

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
ART CONTESTS FROM 2012
  • Week 200-202: Anniversary Special Sig of the Week
Music - Spring Melodies by @Adorien

• Week 03-04: Wallpaper Open Theme
Raging Guts by @Shinsatsu

• Week 05-06: Chibi Banner
Scarlet Eyes Madness by @TheBoss

Chibi Halloween Gathering by @Bugzee

• Week 07-08: Beloved Ones Poem
Princess by @Kaoinshi

Where this light shines
all night is day
through work and festive play.

It sits astride
my tired heart
deflecting all that's sharp.

I found it when
You - with a sigh -
had me mirror'd in your eyes.

I fell in Love
before you said
let us just be friends.

As wonder went
another grew
through complexity and time.

That through it all
my loss and pain
a far more precious friend was gained.

I was there for her
as she was there for me
no matter what it took we always had eachothers back.

From her wisdom
I know success
I am a loyal Knight, to my Princess.

• MH's 7th Year Anniversary Banner
OoooOOoooO by @~Coffee~

• Week 11-12: Females Drawing
Lotus Maya by @baratha

• The Breaker Fan Art Competition
No name by @~Coffee~

• Week 13-14: Lotus Maya Coloring
Lotus Maya Colored by @~Coffee~

• Christmas Banner
Let is Snow by @Akia999

Last edited:

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
ART CONTESTS FROM 2013
  • Week 15-16: Short Stories & Fanfics
"Closure" - "Cutting the light - a happy ending parody" by @Josef

In a house.

I got up and got dressed.
I am.
Yes, I am here.
It seems as though I have been doing this for a while now. I am. I am. I am. One day I have to walk out naked. It's beauty, it's art! I am alone. Will you be my friend? It's dark, no, wait, I can see something.

In the house across the street.

I am happy. Where is my sword? Where is the blade?! I need to cut these walls. I am shallow, I am a re-written message. I am useless. What is that? What am I? Die bunny! ... I have announced my victory over the stuffed rabbit toy. I am pleased. Please be my friend again and do not make me stab you, or cut you, let me love you. No, let me hug you!

It's a room. It's boring. I am thirsty.
It's gone.
It's not here.

In the light.

"Was that you?" - said one.

"Yes it was." - replied the other.

"How rude." - he spoke for second time.

"Are you alright?" - she spoke again.

Walking through the light.

"It appears as those two were from planet Earth. How interesting. I never heard this story before. She was in love with herself and he just wanted to destroy things. They call them male and female. But it seems that's the way it's going to be?" - a voice was heard.

"I guess, they are going to have to learn to live with one another." - another one was as well.

"I am going to slap you both! You ignorant fools! They are not apart, they are together. Look!" - the third one crushed the melancholic chit chat.

Naked and War

Alas, it seems we have found out what it means to stay together. One of them like the light. One of them liked the blade. It seems one of them liked being naked. One of them liked war. So one of them was naked and one of them was with the blade and they decided to connect by cutting the light with the sword. All was well.

• Week 17-18: Spring Banner
Colourful Spring by @Akia999

• Week 21-22: Original Character Coloring & Drawing
No name by @Googlez_kun

• Week 23-24: Black & White Photography
Fishermen by @shinsengumi

• Week 27-28: Dreams Poems & Lyrics
To Have You by @FaustXIII

It's hard to have a slumber,
Especially when all you can get is a nightmare.
It's hard to fight in the darkness,
When your only weapon is consciousness
It's hard to risk everything on what you see,
And failed to recognize the reality.

I sleep because I want to dream,
Dream about you or the triumph of my favorite team.
Interact to those who passed away,
Or just see unexpected things and play.

I don't care on what they say
To be with you is what I always pray.
And in my dreams it was granted
To be with you my beloved.

Unconcious by @Asclepius

The most peaceful place
Felt like a dream
I couldn't see a face
Nor say anything

It felt so unreal
So hard to believe
But i could still feel
My heart and my breath

I wanna go back to that place
In one month or in a few years
To remember the traces
Of having no fears

• Week 29-30: Memes Coloring & Drawing
Natural Select by @~Coffee~

• Week 31-32: Colorful Photography
I Got You Under my Toe by @shinsengumi

• Week 33-34: Zodiac Avatar & Signature Set
A Lion's Trust by @niichan

• Week 35-36: Mythology Short Story
Odin, Gungnir and Sleipnir by @FaustXIII

After Huginn and Muninn told Odin that if he wants to bring back Baldr his son to life he must go to Helheim in Niflheim. Odin who wanted to bring back Frigga and Nanna's smile and end their suffering and mourning followed what his ravens told him. And so Odin together with his horse, Sleipnir ventured to Helheim, home of the dead.

Odin reached Vanaheim. There he met a dying Vanir. The Vanir asked Odin to give him one leg of his horse, sleipnir. Odin used his spear, Gungnir to cut one leg of his horse. Odin gave it to the dying Vanir. The Vanir ate the leg and he become healthy again. As exchange for the leg the Vanir predicted Odin's future. "Go back to Asgard and abandon your travel for you may not comeback if you continue." the Vanir said. Odin ignored the Vanir's words and continued his journey riding Sleipnir, who loss one leg.

Odin reached Alfheim. Gullinburtsi, Freyr's boar's golden bristles are losing light. Freyr asked Odin to give him one leg of his horse, sleipnir. Odin using his spear cut another leg. Odin gave it to Freyr. Freyr fed Gullinburtsi the sleipnir's leg and the boar's golden bristles gleamed like the sun again. As exchange for the leg Freyr gave Odin his ship, Skidbladnir. The ship is so huge that it can easily carry all of the gods of Asgard. The ship can also be folded and carried easily. Odin accepted the folded ship and continued his journey riding Sleipnir, who now loss two of its legs.

Odin reached the Bifrost, the rainbow bridge and went to Midgard. In a village in Midgard, Odin met villagers that are starving. Their village was attacked and ransacked by Frost Giants. Odin cut another leg of Sleipnir and fed it to the hungry villagers. The villagers thank Odin and gave him a whetstone. Odin left the Village and promised that he will protect them from Frost Giants. Odin continued his jouney riding Sleipnir, who now loss three of its legs.

Odin reached Jotunheim, home of the giants. Odin killed every Frost Giants he met along the way. Because of that his spear, Gungnir became worned out. Odin used the whetstone that the villagers gave him and Gungnir's sharpness came back. Odin went to Mimir's well of wisdom to have another drink. Odin sacrificed one of Sleipnir's legs. Odin continued his journey riding Sleipnir, who now loss half of its legs.

Odin reached Svartalfheim, home of the dark elves. The dark elves murky underground are collapsing, because of that sunlight came bursting to the murky underground where they live and turn some of the dark elves into stone. One of the dark elf, a mare asked Odin to help them. The mare promised Odin that they will not cause troubles and nightmares again if Odin will help them. Odin helped them and gave them one of his sleipnir's legs. The dark elves used the sleipnir's hoof to fix their home. Odin left and make sure that the dark elves will be true to their promise. Odin continued his journey riding Sleipnir, who now loss five of its legs.

Odin reached Nidavellir, home of the dwarves. The dwarves were the once who made and gave Odin his spear, Gungnir and many other weapons of the gods of Asgard. Odin realized that he did not give anything to dwarves in exchange for his spear. And so he gave one of Sleipnir's legs to their king, Hreidmar. Hreidmar decided to cook the leg's flesh and use the bone to forge a new weapon. Odin left Nidavellir after paying his debt. Odin continued his journey riding Sleipnir, who now loss six of its legs.

Odin reached Muspelheim, the land of fire. Surt saw Odin and warned him that he will attack Asgard at Ragnarok, the end of the world. To prevent Ragnarok, Odin decided to fight Surt. Surt fought using his flaming sword while Odin used his spear Gungnir. Odin successfully defeated Surt. His spear was melted in exchange. Odin used Surt's flaming sword and cut one of the remaining legs of sleipnir. Odin used the blood from the leg to extinguish the land of fire. Odin continued his journey riding Sleipnir, who now loss seven of its legs.

Odin at last reached Niflheim. As the world tree Yggdrasil grew up into the sky, it stretched one of its three large roots far into Niflheim, and drew water from the spring Hvergelmir. The dragon Nidhug was not around. Odin noticed that the root became short and is now unable to reach the water from Hvergelmir spring. Odin cut the remaining leg of Sleipnir connected it to the root so the root will be able to reach the spring again. Sleipnir died and Odin forgot the purpose of his journey. Odin walk through the misty, cold, and dark land of Niflheim hoping to remember the purpose of his journey. Odin reached Helheim. Odin met Hel. Hel immediately ask Odin if he wants her to bring Baldr to life. Odin remembered the purpose of his journey. Hel demanded Odin's Gungnir and Sleipnir. But Odin already loss them. Odin told Hel about how he loss his spear and his horse. Hel was touched by Odin's story and granted Odin's wish with no demands. Odin thanked Hel and immediately went back home riding Skidbladnir, the ship that Freyr gave him. Baldr came back to life. Frigga' and Nanna's smile came back and they live happily ever after.

• Week 37-38: Tree Photography
Angkor by @k-dom

Haunted Tree by @shinsengumi

• Week 39-40: Summer Drawing
Antlered-girl met the Stag-bug by @HimuraMechniza

• Week 41-42: Underwater Avatar & Signature Set
Nanase Haruka by @Asclepius

• Week 43-44: Summer Banner
Summer Walk by @Laurello

• Week 45-46: Haiku Poem
No Title by @takneeque

in rain,a face glows
washed clear,in light
when sun breaches clouds

• Week 47-48: Reflection Photography
No Name by @k-dom

Ad lib by @Utsune

• Week 49-50: Mecha Drawing
ST-5648DES by @Utsune

• Week 51-52: Fan Art Avatar & Signature Set
Together by @niichan

• Week 53-54: Vampire Short Story
Midnight Masquerade by @riki

Mattie cried out in despair as she kept pulling at the door, which didn’t budge. Tears rolled down her rosy cheeks as she pounded angrily at the door. Why? She was so close! Approaching footsteps told her that the others were coming. Sure enough, Mattie turned around to see that the all of the vampires had formed a semi-circle, blocking her way. They stared at her with their sick smiles and bemused look in their eyes. Suddenly, some of them parted, allowing Balthazar to walk through. In his hand was the rose that she dropped. He stopped a few feet away from her and smiled triumphantly.

“Did you actually think I was going to let you leave this place?” Balthazar sneered as he looked around the room. That was when it hit Mattie. No wonder he had locked the door and closed the window shutters! It was to prevent anyone from escaping. “Now be a good girl and come here. I promise I’ll make it as painless as possible.”

Mattie felt sick in her stomach. Her back was pressed hard against the cold, wooden door. Was there no way to escape her fate? No, there was only one option left. Tightening the grip on the letter opener, she pointed it at her neck. “No, I rather die than became a vampire,” she declared. When Balthazar tried to take a step forward, she threatened, “Don’t you dare come near me! I’ll stab myself if you do!”

Balthazar hesitated. No doubt he didn’t expect this outcome. Mattie felt a little relieved; with her life on the line, she knew that the vampire didn’t want to risk losing his potential wife. All of sudden, he grinned.

“Go ahead, kill yourself,” he declared nonchalantly. “It would be a much better than going back to your mundane life. At least you don’t have to deal with your drunkard of a father and a mother who only views you as a hired hand. You don’t have to worry about being hungry or trying to earn enough money to take care of your family. If you’re dead, then you don’t have to continue living as a poor, country girl slowly wasting her life away.”

“Sh-sh-shut up!” she screamed angrily as her hand holding the letter opener trembled slightly. Nevertheless he continued.

“However, if you join me, you don’t have to worry about anything. I can give you whatever your heart desires: money, jewelry, anything! You name it, and I’ll get it for you. Remember how you told me that you want an education? Well, I can teach you everything that you want to know… and much more. I promise that I will take good care of you and make sure that you’ll never suffer. If you join me, you don’t have to worry about becoming old.” She jerked her head up at that revelation. “That’s right, Mattie. Once you become like me, you will never age. You can stay as that young and beautiful woman for all eternity. So what do you say? Would you rather kill yourself and waste your potential? Or would you rather join me in a life of luxury that you can enjoy until the end of time?”

Mattie’s mind was in a whirlwind. Live a life of luxury? Never have to deal with her unbearable parents ever again? Not to mention Balthazar had promised that he would dote on her and make sure she was well-taken care of. The thought of being forever young was also tempting as well. Imagine all of those snobby girls’ faces when they saw how youthful she still was while they grew haggard and dumpy! Wasn’t what she always dream about all her life?

Clang! She didn’t notice that she had dropped the letter open on the floor as she stared blankly right in front of her. Even though she knew Balthazar was right in front of her, she couldn’t see him. Nevertheless she could hear him come closer to her. Brushing the hair off her neck, he placed the rose in her hand and whispered in her ear, “I knew you would come around.”

• Week 55-56: Silhouttes Photography
Balloon Girl by @shinsengumi

• Week 57-58: Yon-koma Drawing
Troll Proof by @HimuraMechniza

• Week 59-60: Nationality Wallpaper
Sa Isip, Sa Salita at Sa Gawa by @FaustXIII

• Week 61-62: Letter to Santa
All Faust Wants For Christmas by @FaustXIII

Dear Santa,

My mother is not staying at home right now with us because her aunt requested her assistance since last year. I hope she will be able to spend the holidays with us together with our whole family and relatives here in Cavite.

My father who's getting old is now having a hard time with his job. He may not show it but I think he's lonely because my mother is not around. I hope he'll feel better and that my mother's aunt will let my mother to stay with us again as soon as possible. I miss having a mom around.

My brother is in his rebellious puberty age. Help him overcome this stage and hopefully he will do the right things.

Thank you for giving my grandmother a good health. I hope I can buy a gift for her this Christmas.

Please let my Aunt Macaria to stay longer. Hope she'll have a better health. Her family needs her. And her grandchildren are still too young.

I'm in my last semester of my 4th Year of College. I hope I will be able to pass all of my subjects and graduate in time. I hope to find a job as soon as possible to help my family. I don't rush things about having a girlfriend. I hope she'll come to my life at the right place and at the right time. I will love her forever whoever she may be, our future kids and grandkids as well. I wish to live long enough to love and take care of them all.

I wish for good health to my family and friends. I hope our love to continue and never die.

Thank you for all of the blessings we received this year, the past years and the years to come.

PS: Don't let your elves overwork.

Sincerely,
FaustXIII

No Name by @Xadyu

I..

(I don’t want to
tell you this again)​

Run..

(Maybe I’m not good enough..)​

Everyone, out there..
is looking for someone
is finding their someone
I am tired of picking pieces from my heart
I am tired of the constant sorrow, I’m --

(I’m a little lonely a lot
but you were never the one to tell)​

Escape..

Tired of seeing happiness
Seeing the leftovers getting scrapped
(I want to be found, be found, but..
my heart just wants to get out)

I want what I want..

(But I want more..)

Talking is hard
Life pushes on my chest
Whispers in my ear
(I am drowning)

Any more of this and I quit​
I can’t breathe..

Maybe this is where this poetry comes from,
the sorrow I now feel safe in
the writing I now feel secure in..
(Alone)

Maybe if I just went to sleep.
And slept, slept..

Slept.

Maybe then I would feel better.
I have been waiting to long.
Maybe I just was never wanted?
But I have to tell someone how I feel.

It’s customary for people to write you.
Ask you.. Tell you..
Even though you are imaginary..
There’s a pressure on my chest,
a pressure that lost a bit of it's weight..
No wishes,
No questions
No demands​
(I've been waiting to long.
Maybe I just was never wanted?
But I have to tell someone how I feel.

Lately.. I've been feeling..)

Thank you.

(alone).

• Week 63-64: New Year's Eve Photography
Francis and the Firecrackers by @FaustXIII

Last edited:

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
ART CONTESTS FROM 2014
  • Week 01-02: Art Moderators Avatar & Signature Set
Our Promise by @Biloon

• Week 03-05: Self Portrait Drawing & Coloring
No nameby @Naomi

• Week 06-07: Mafia Banner
You're in For Life by @Utsune

• Week 10-11: Facial Expression Photography
Challenge Accepted by @Charlie

• Week 12-13: Steampunk Avatar & Signature Set
Clockwork Gaze by @Utsune

• Week 14-15: Nature Drawing & Coloring
Sakura ka momo ka, hatamata anzu ka ume ka by @Utsune

On a Field of White by @nanaDmari

• Week 16-17: Shonen Jump Banner
Villains Can be Cute Too, Unless You're Aizen or Supaman by @Utsune

Bloody Rain by @Farfalla

• Week 18-19: Musical Parody
Castle in the Sky by @Utsune

Lyrics:

There is a castle in the sky,
Ev'rybody's dream vacation,
Pirates, peasants, agents alike,
Up in a castle in the sky.

There is a movie action-packed,
There have been chases here and there,
I got kidnapp'd and brought up high,

There is a sal'ryman in red,
Fixing my hair-do with a gun,
His head is big, it's a sight to see,
He says, "Sheeta, return the stone to me."

I know a place where no-one lives,
I know a place where robots sleep,
Guarding some walls and trees so high,

• Week 20-22: Tilt Shift Photography
Street Lights by @nanaDmari

• Week 23-24: Animation Special Video Contest
In the Rain by @Utsune

• Week 25-26: Sports Avatar & Signature Set
World Aim by @~Coffee~

• Week 27-29: Monster Drawing & Coloring
Cyclops Kinda Thing by @Utsune

• Week 30-31: Germany Banner
Germany Banner by @Utsune

• Week 32-33: Onion Life Short Story
Life According to an Onion by @riki

Dear Diary,
I was finally planted today! The farmer was kind enough to make sure that I was nice and snug in my new bed before he covered me in a blanket of nutrient-rich soil. The best part is that my brothers and sisters were planted close by to me so I won’t be lonely. I think I’m going to like it here.

Dear Diary,
There was a storm today. As soon as I felt the fat raindrops, I recalled how my mother would always remind me to always drink a lot of water to be big and strong so I started gulping them right up. I drank so much that I thought I was about to burst! Satisfied, I closed my eyes and went to sleep.

Dear Diary,
Today is the big day! Today is the day when I leave my home. I've changed a lot since the day that I was planted. I used to be a pipsqueak, but now I'm plump and enormous. Who would have thought? I felt Mr. Farmer grabbed me by the hair as I braced myself and yanked me out of my home. Boy, did that hurt! My head still feels sore just thinking about it. He then nestled me in a crate, where I found myself reunited with my family and friends. After he was done with his harvesting, he put us in his truck.

As he revved up the engine, I nervously asked the others where we were heading. A nice carrot told me that we were heading to a place called a “Farmer’s Market”, where he's going to sell us. I’d heard of that place; it's where the best of the best are sold and the rest are brought back home. I pray that I got chosen!

Dear Diary,
The Farmer's Market was packed! Several vendors were already there when we got there. Mr. Farmer's setting us up right now so we look "presentable". He placed us next to some of our relatives so I got to talk to some of them. The yellow onions were sweet, but the red onions had a sharp tongue. The green onions were polite, but they wanted to keep to themselves. The garlic must’ve be in bad mood because they snapped at me. On the other hand, the leeks and chives were very mellow while the shallots seemed so graceful. Overall, it was a nice family reunion.

Dear Diary,
I got chosen today! A woman was looking through Mr. Farmer's goods when she started going through the onion section. I watched her anxiously as she picked some of us and prayed that she'll pick me. Just as I was thinking that, she suddenly stopped and picked me up! I held my breath as she examined me. Finally she nodded as if satisfied and placed me into her basket. Thrilled, I felt like I've died and gone to heaven. But then I realized that I would no longer see my family. As she walked toward Mr. Farmer, I tearfully said farewell to them as I'm begin my new life.

PS Oh, I eavesdropped the lady's conversation with the farmer. While she was paying him, she complimented him for his crops. He thanked her and asked her what she was planning to do with the products she bought. I don't really remember what she said, but I do recall her saying that she intends to make onion rings. I don't know what they are, but they sound interesting!

Dear Diary,
I learned the meaning of true pain today. At first I didn’t know what was going on when the lady started peeling me and laid me on the wooden board so I waited though I felt self-conscious about my naked body. All of sudden, I felt an intense pain as something cold and sharp sliced through my flesh. As soon as that happened, I started to cry. The person who cut me must have felt bad because she started crying too. Despite the pain, I remembered what my mother said and forced myself to be strong as she continued cutting me.

Dear Diary,
Everyone said that I was delicious. My life is now complete.

• Week 34-35: Solitude Photography
Outside by @shinsengumi

April Ethereal by @xi0

• Week 38-39: Fairy Drawing & Coloring
Two Worlds by @Utsune

• Week 40-41: Light Novel Banner
Night Life Lights by @nanaDmari

• Week 42-34: Spin Off Writing
Freedom by @nanaDmari

When I came out of my egg, the first face I saw wasn’t my mom's. It was this fat mustache guy, with a red cap. He said he would take me with him in his adventures, and that he needed my help, that others like me had helped him and his brother before.

“We’ll rescue a princess”, he said. “You’ll see how beautiful she is. But there’ll be many enemies waiting for us”

Some people said he was a plumber, but I never saw him working. Yes, I was born in a strange world, where pipes come out of the ground, but they never needed any fixing, they were working just fine. Everything was about the princess... and the terrible fellow that kidnapped her.

I thought it would be an amazing adventure, like a fairy tale, but it was just wishful thinking. Not only the terrain was treacherous, with huge cliffs and dangerous seas, we also had to fight all kinds of beings. Except, we were not always in danger. Some koopas and goombas would just be there, walking, sometimes not even noticing us, but we would crush them anyway. Stomping, throwing fire, using their own bodies against them.

I had to battle too. I was inexperienced, never knowing when to attack. So he started to punch me in the head in the right time. “It was my cue.” I would swallow some of the smaller enemies, more than my body seemed it could take, but my body was a natural weapon, he used to say.

I started to pay attention to what others had to say about my companion and leader. About what happened to the ones like me who had helped him before. And those weren’t pleasant stories.

“He fell from a cliff, the poor little one. It got scared when something hit them and ran without noticing the end of the path.”

“There was that one he threw from the cliff too. It was a gap so big that to cross it the poor thing was sacrificed. The plumber jumped from his back and let him fall.”

Maybe one day he would do something like that to me. He was already beating me to fight the creatures in the way, what would stop him from letting me fall from a cliff? The thought was consuming me, but whenever I ran away, he would always get me. I was a mount, never walked my own way, never knew which way to go. He knew this world more than me.

One day, we found a lot of koopas while crossing a field. Getting closer, I noticed they were different from the ones I knew. Yellow. Blue. Red. Why did they have different shell colors? The plumber didn’t make anything out of it, he just proceeded to jump over them as he did with all the others.

Suddenly, he jumped from my back straight on a blue shelled one and smacked it. Then he got the shell in its hands and threw it towards the others. The shell hit a pipe and came straight back at us. He jumped over it, letting it come in my direction. So fast.

My cue.

That was all I could think of.

I opened my mouth and grabbed it with my tongue. I don’t know how I had the strength to stop it and hold it. But while I was thinking about what had just happened… my body... it changed.

When I saw the wings, I knew. It was the shell, giving me another cue. That I could go away and he wouldn’t catch me. It didn’t matter the path, I could just fly.

And I did.

I knew I couldn’t let the shell go, that it was because of it that I could fly. But after sometime, it became difficult to hold it, I started to feel nauseated. I had to swallow it... or let it go. In the end, I swallowed it and fell to the ground.

I was in another island, with no bridges nor constructions, just trees. I looked around and there were lots of creatures there. Creatures I knew from the time I traveled with him. But they wouldn’t attack me. I was just another animal, just like them, a normal living being with no enemies or obligations, ready to live my own adventure. Free.

He used to say my body was a natural weapon. I say it is a natural blessing.

• Week 44-45: Panoramic Photography
Sugarloaf Mountain by @goldb

• Week 46-48: Naruto Christmas Banner
Friends Again by @kindredxiuxiu

Last edited:

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
ART CONTESTS FROM 2015

• Week 01-02: RPG Avatar & Signature Set
Ward Machine by @Utsune

• Week 03-04: Still Life Drawing
Rainbow Badge GET DA ZE ☆ by @Utsune

• Week 05-06: Countryside Short Story
Cruel Life by @Holt

Annabeth stood outside gazing at the blue sky and the snow-white clouds, trying to make sense of their shapes. She could hear the chirping of the birds in tune with each other as though singing a well rehearsed tune. After a while, she went to the barn and decided to get it over with. She setup the rope and got a stool to stand on. Suicide by hanging was the best she could come up with. She took a deep breath and readied herself to kick off the stool but heard someone coming in. Oddly enough, she waited.

Michael came into a view and seeing her, registered shock at the act she was about to commit. Recollecting himself, he calmly told her to get down. They argued back and forth about her actions. Anna having given enough thought to it, put up an argument that left Mike baffled. She had nothing to live for and no family or friends to spur her on.

Mike having carefully listened to her, suggested to her that if things were already as bad as possible, then perhaps it only gets better and said to give life a chance as it was favorable to those persistent. Mike eventually managed to convince her to forego suicide. He asked her name and they got acquainted with each other.

From them on, Mike devoted himself to Anna. He saw it as an objective as he was the one who encouraged her to keep on living. He spent time with her, provided an ear for her troubles and a shoulder for her to lean or cry on. Over the years, they became so close and attached that Mike often wondered how he lived without knowing her prior.

7 years on, Mike got a call from his friend with the police that Anna had been involved in an accident and had died shortly after. Mike was devastated and couldn't think straight. He had been finalizing plans to propose and marry her soon. He grabbed a beer and went back to the very same barn than Anna had tried to commit suicide years ago. He grabbed a stool and sat, staring at the spot they had first met.

Drinking his beer in large mouthfuls, he couldn't help the tears that freely rolled down his cheeks. He wondered if he had really done the right thing in stopping her then. It occurred to him that he never actually asked how she felt about life after that. She often seemed happy but he couldn't he sure if that wasn't just a facade. It was indeed a cruel world and as the beer began to seep in, he was convinced it was a stupid thing he did.

A few days after, mike was given her diary by the state after her belongings had been sorted. Reading through her entries, he got some answers. Life hadn't gotten any easier for her but she had become more happy and had more self worth. His name came up often in the diary as her 'hero' and she had been anticipating marriage and raising a family with him as well. The tears came pouring down all over again but he took comfort in the fact that for once, it seemed he had done the right thing, atleast Anna seemed to think so.

• Week 07-08: Landscape Photography
Sacred Garden by @shinsengumi

• Spring Art Contest: Illustrated Writing
The Dark by @Holt

• Week 09-10: Party Banner
Guitar Party by @YumaKuga

• Week 11-12: Relaxing Coloring
At the End of the Day by @nanaDmari

Relaxing by @ladylola

• Week 13-14: Secrets Poem
A Secret of Dreams by @danzouismadara

My secret.
My dreams--a total secret
Nothing but shadows
incisions of reality.
Revelations,
a drop of light,
into the darkness,
that should be untold.
lies and truth
black and white,
the gray notion of honesty.
A secret,
a tinge of beauty and genius in every secret.
Deceitful to some, but arousing to oneself.
Mysterious and foreign,
a true hidden gem,
locked away in our minds,
as truthful reasoning,
becomes the stem of private suffocation,
My secret.

• Week 15-16: Animals Photography
Big World, Small Bunny by @Asclepius

We Are So Cute by @milek

• Summer Art Contest
Be More Practical! by @nanaDmari

• Week 17-18: Friendship Avatar & Signature Set
Band of the Hawk by @ladylola

• Week 19-20: Past Themes Drawing
Re:Imaigine Zelda by @Naomi

• Week 21-22: Magic Short Story
Make a Wish by @riki

They just settled down when Lermisa got to the point. "So what do you wish for?" she asked bluntly. He must have given her a bewildered look because she gave him a bemused smile. "That's what everyone comes here for. You want me to grant your deepest desire so tell me what it is."

He hesitated before he confessed, "I wish to undo a past mistake."

"Oh?" She looked at him, intrigued. She crossed her legs and leaned closer to him. "Why is that?"

His face turned pale. It has been over thirty years since Viana has left him, but he still remembered it as if it happened yesterday. He still has that ring in his pocket because he didn't want to bear to part with it. It reminded him of what he could have but lost – the one person who loves him no matter what. He stammered, "I-I-I rather not say."

"Is it that painful? Let me take a stab at it then. Based on your request, you made a poor decision in the past. You picked something over love, am I right?" He didn't say anything and looked at her, stone-faced, though his face twitched slightly. Nevertheless, the sorceress must have known that she had struck a nerve because she chuckled. "Was it fame? Power? Or even wealth? You're making me curious now."

"That's none of your damned business! Anyway, are you going to help me or not? If not, then you're wasting my time!" he demanded rather testily.

He was about to stand up when Lermisa said bluntly, "Relax. I can grant your wish." He stared at her for a moment before he sat back down in a huff. She watched him sit down and continued, "Although it seems impossible, I can help you go back to the past and redo your decision."

He started at her incredulously. "So you decide to help me?"

"Of course. You intrigued me," she replied as she bared her teeth. Taking a deep breath, she closed her eyes and clasped her hand over her heart. Soon, the glows began to be drawn toward her; he stared in amazement as the pale light orbs were absorbed inside her body. Lermisa then opened her eyes, which seemed to be ablaze with pure ecstasy and looked at him.

"Go on," she urged him, holding her hand out toward him.

Staring at her hand, he reached out to grab her hand when he glanced up to see a horrifying sight. Instead of a young girl sitting in front of him, there was a haggard and gaunt hag. Her white hair was frayed and unkempt while her gold eyes were sunken. The skin hung loosely on her bone, which reminded him a skeleton. Repulsed by that sight, he shrunk back further in his seat. What on earth was that? However, when he blinked, the sight was gone, and the young girl sat across from him once again. "What's wrong?" a concerned Lermisa asked. "Don't you want me to grant your wish?"

He was about to have a change of heart when memories of Viana filled his mind. Her bright blue eyes that sparkled in the sun. Her laughter, as she twirled around in the field of wheat. Her golden, luscious hair that trailed behind her. The warm touch of her skin as she held his hand. Her soft lips as they kissed for the first time. The disappointed look on her face when she said farewell to him the last time. Oh, how he wished to change that! He wanted to see her smile once again.

With that desire in his heart, he swallowed his fear and took her hand. The last thing he remembered was being consumed by a bright light.

• Week 23-24: Light & Shadow Photography
The Source that Creates the Colours by @Lovemagi

Girl & Shadow by @shinsengumi

• Autumn Art Contest
A City in Twilight by @riki

“Tell me about it. I’m going to be late too, and I promise that I would be there early to get the best seat in the house,” the woman commiserated as she stared at the black-out city below her.

“As do I,” the elder man said. His deep voice boomed with authority, which caused the other two to be alert. He quickly pulled out his cell phone and started dialing. “Let me check with the building personnel to see if they know anything.”

They listened attentively as he made his call. “Hello? Yes, I’m calling about that…You see, two of my colleagues and I are stuck in the elevator so we would like to be out as soon as possible. How long do you think it will take? I see… I see… Thank you.” After he hung up, he informed them, “They estimated that it may take up to fifteen minutes to an hour or more to get everything back to normal, depending on how fast the electric company can fix the problem. Until then, I suggest that we make ourselves comfortable as best we can.”

The others nodded and each sat down at a corner as they texted or called someone to inform them of their lateness; the only light they had (besides the bright screen their cell phones) was the stars and moon themselves. Silence filled the tiny elevator as they stared awkwardly at their phones as they tried to pass the time. Finally, after a few minutes, the older man had enough.

“Since we seem that we’ll be here for a while, why don’t we introduce ourselves?” he suggested. “My name is William Abbot, and I’m the Vice President of Marketing. And you?”

The young man went next. “Michael Livingston, and I'm specialized in technology. I mostly work on security issues.”

“Melissa Caldwell,” the woman said, “and I’m in the Finance Department.”

“Nice to meet you,” William said pleasantly, nodding his head to both of them. Turning to Michael, he inquired, “I hope you don’t mind my nosiness, but what are you late for?”

The young man hesitated before he pulled out a small box. “I’m planning to propose to my girlfriend today,” he confessed and opened it up, revealing an engagement ring. "I’m rather nervous, to be honest.”

William gave him an encouraging look. “Don’t be. I’m sure you’ll do well.” He then sighed. “Oh, to be young in love!”

“Are you married, Mr. Abbot?” he asked curiously.

“Call me William; you don't have to be formal with me. And to answer your question, I am,” he nodded. “I’ve been married to my lovely wife for forty-five years now.” His eyes twinkled with amusement as he chuckled. “In fact, today is our anniversary.”

“Wait, so I’ll be proposing on your anniversary?” The old man nodded. “Congratulations! I hope my relationship will last as long as yours.”

“Are you doing anything special to celebrate the occasion?” Melissa inquired.

He answered, “Nothing too fancy. We’re going to a dinner and a show. There’s a play that she always wanted to see so I’m going to treat her.”

“I hope the two of you enjoy yourselves then.” Michael then turned his attention to Melissa. “I guess it’s your turn now. Based on what you said earlier, are you going to watch a play too?”

The woman didn’t answer at first. Instead, she scrolled through her cell phone before holding it up for them to see. A young girl smiled excitedly back at them. “My daughter’s first grade class is presenting a play about the season of fall tonight. Allie plays the part of a leaf. She has one simple line in which she said, ‘Ah, help me! I’m falling!’ My sister and parents told me that she has practiced that line numerous times that even they knew her part by heart,” she explained with a chuckle. “I promise her that I’ll be sitting in the front row to watch her perform. Although it would be nice if I arrive there on ti-””

All of a sudden, the elevator began to jolt before it sputtered and began to move slowly. Slightly startled, the elevator occupants immediately stood up and looked around as the light in the elevator flickered on. Below them, the lights in the city slowly came on again. “It looks like they got the electricity back on,” Michael commented.

“And rather quickly. Even though it seems forever, we’ve been only here for twenty minutes,” William noted as he glanced at his watch. “It seemed that everyone won’t be late after all.”

All of them gave each other congratulatory look. As the elevator moved slowly down, Melissa glanced down at the city lights and commented, “You know what? Even though I’ve been on this elevator every day, I never paid attention to the scenery, but it’s beautiful now that I think about it.”

The two men looked at the sight and had to agree. The city light reminded them of the stars that twinkled above them and gave a magical and calming atmosphere. “It is,” William finally murmured. No one talked afterward, and silence filled the elevator once more. However, there was no awkwardness. Instead, a sense of wonder and awe seemed to engulf the tiny elevator as its occupant admired the scenery below them. No longer were they strangers to each other for all of them shared something in common – a bond that started in a fleeting amount of time.

• Week 25-26: Fire Banner
Remember by @nanaDmari

• Week 27-28: Fairy Coloring
Fairy by @Utsune

• Week 29-30: Moon Poem
Watchful Moon by @danzouismadara

The eerie moon.
The chill in the air.
The silent light,
with a tinge of despair.

The little ladies of the night,
lingering in the beautiful morbid light.
As they abhor their world,
and cling to spite.

The predators of the night,
The nocturnal urge to fight.
Even with moonlight so bright.

The moon watches those of the night.
Even in the darkest of nights.
Where nothing seems right.

She, I, haiku and the Autumn Night by TSPanda

The leaves and wind dance
Moonlight shimmers through the clouds
The air is chilly

The clouds pass over
A serene moon fills the sky
Delightful quiet

Lovely autumn night
A soft breeze envelops us
But she stays asleep

Softly, she murmurs
The swing and cicadas creak
Barely audible

Clouds cover the moon
The leaves cease to rustle too
My shoulder goes numb

• Week 31-32: Quotes Photography
Stormtrooper by @nanaDmari

• Winter Art Contest
Reflexion by @Farfalla & @kannazuki (writer)

Last edited:

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
ART CONTESTS FROM 2016
  • Week 01-02: Magical Girls Avatar & Signature Set
Sailor Mars by @goldb

• Week 03-04: Warrior Drawing
Iku-Tiera by @Ustegius

N/A by @DoctorApollo

Samurai on Horseback by @Notice me Escanor senpai

• Week 05-06: Reincarnation Short Stories
Until we Meet Again... by @riki

He suddenly let out as garbled cry at the sight in front of him. A young woman’s body lie in a crumpled heap on the tiled floor. Cuts and bruises covered her entire body; her chestnut hair was matted with blood. Her eyes were closed as if she was asleep. She reminded him of an angel sleeping peacefully like that – except she wasn’t breathing.

Screaming with despair, he slammed his fists on her corpse as he collapsed on the floor; her lifeless body jolted slightly off the floor from every hit. Dammit, he was too late! He wasn’t able to make it in time. Now she was dead, and there was nothing he could do about it. Tears rolled down his cheeks as he lay his head on her chest and let himself die. Closing his eyes, he resigned himself to his fate. With her gone, there was nothing for him to live for. If only… If only… With his dying breath, he vowed, “We’ll meet again one day in the next life, I’m sure of it. And when we do, I’ll…”

Several years passed until they met each other again by happenstance. Although the woman didn't seem to remember him, he did and recalling his tragic past life, set out to rekindle their relationship. At first, she was reluctant to go out on a date with him but finally agreed after much persuasion. During their date, they immediately clicked and decided to see each other again. After several dates, he invited her to his house, to which she agreed. There, he set his plan into motion. While she was distracted, he spiked her drink with the intention of getting revenge on her for killing him in his past life. However, things didn't go as planned when he found her point a gun at him.

His face became ashen at the sight. Swallowing his saliva, he demanded, “What’s the meaning of this? Is this supposed to be some sort of sick joke?”

Instead of answering, she asked calmly, “Have you ever heard of the Chivalrous Killer?"

Blood drained from his face as soon as he heard that name, but he kept his cool. He didn’t want to give away that he was at a disadvantage. “The Chivalrous Killer? Wasn’t he a serial killer from several years ago?”

She gave him a look like she knew that he was lying. “The Chivalrous Killer would target women whom he deemed deserve to have a better life than they have. He would treat his victims to the best restaurants, lavish them with extravagant clothes and jewelry, and take them to every performing art events. Then he would take them to his place, where he drugged them and bind them so they won’t escape. There, he would torment them by slowly torturing them to death. Then he would dump bodies where the police would find them dolled up in the finest clothes and jewelry. In other words, he wanted to give them the best times of their lives before they die.

“Unfortunately for him, his last victim proved to be much more difficult than he has thought. She put up a fight and managed to stab him in the eye and side before she tried to escape. It was a pity that her action was pointless since she died anyway although she did manage to kill the Chivalrous Killer. That was rather impressive, to say the least. To kill her own killer before she died especially with her wounds. It’s quite commendable.”

As she told her story, he could feel the sweat drop down his forehead but didn’t dare wipe it lest she thought he was doing something foolish. “Why are you telling me this?” he wondered aloud.

“Because, my dear, I remember it like it happened yesterday.” She bared her teeth as she looked at him hungrily like a wolf. “You see, I was the Chivalrous Killer in my past life, and you’re the one who managed to elude me. This time, I'll make sure you won't escape from your fate."

• Week 07-08: Work Photography
From Paper to Digital; From Chaos to Order; by @nanaDmari

Work - Movie Magic: Transforming Rain into Sunshine by @Ustegius

• Spring Art Contest
Freestyle!: Work Work Work by @Charlie

• Week 09-10: Mythology Banner
Amaterasu by @Notice me Escanor senpai

War Hero by @Holt

• Week 13-14: Hopelessness Poem
Only One Left by @riki

One by one,
they hunt us down
until I'm the only one left,
and no one's here to save me.

Their hounds bay
as they pursue me
every nights and days
to the end of the Earth.

I tried my best
to evade them,
but I hear their shouts
become nearer.

I can no longer flee
for my wounds have burst open
from all my running.

So I sit down here
and wait
as I can only pray
that my death will swift and painless.

So then, I won't be alone anymore.

Pit of Despair by @rawhr

I lie in a murky pit of despair
No way out and no one to care

My body is shackled,my mind restrained
Candle of my soul is now flickering faint

Cast away,thrown out,my future is bleak
No water to quench me,no light on my cheek

Darkness presses on, overpowers my soul
Will no one help me? I am all alone

Time will pass but the tides shall not turn
Try as I may ,there is no escape that I yearn

The abyss is deep,there is no way out
I had a tiny candle and it blew out

The Hunter and The Hunted by @Holt

The moon is out
The sky is weeping
It's a hunting night
And I am helpless

The hunter is here
And he intends to find game
The gun sings and the blade dances
Suddenly there is chaos

The screams are piercing
The shrieks are inhumane
The world is dyed in red
And all I can do is run

One by one they all fall
The hunter is intent on his fun
We're naught but players in his game
Willing or not, every one participates

My back is up against the wall
The others are gone, their game is over
Perhaps they are at peace now
But I'm still alone with a crazed predator

The tears of the sky mix with mine
My world has become dark and empty and full of grief
The hunter is about to turn the corner
His footsteps are too loud..those are the steps of a beast

He's here and I'm face to face with him
Those soulless eyes gleam with delight
The smoking gun is pointed in my direction and it intends to sing
The hunter is down to his final prey
And I am helpless..

• Week 15-16: Family Photography
The Licker of Legs and Crusher of Balls - Bella by @Charlie

• Summer Art Contest
Stars Don't Judge, They Cheer by @shionoro

It's him! After looking up his name online and finding so many wrong guys,I found him eventually.
The second I heard the song he played for me when we first met is the second I start to smile like a maniac.
Summertime. This song used to remind me of falling in love with him at a concert of his shitty garage band.
Now it reminded me about how he raped my sister when she was wasted on a party after our break up. Was it revenge? I don't know.
She didnt sue. No witnesses. She killed herself accidently with downers in a panic attack.
I tried to be there for her, but I failed.
Didn't know what to do. After she killed herself, i did know.
That fucking song...

One of these mornin's, you're gonna rise up singin'
Then you'll spread your wings and you'll take to the sky
But 'til that mornin', there is nothin' can harm you

Fitting. You can be sure I will rise and spread my wings after i got this over with. Petting my cat, I brainstorm how I am going to do it without getting caught. Can't leave mom alone.
That guy left home right after the rape. He knew he would be gone for college anyway, so he did not fear consequences. But college kids do partys, right?
And parties can lead to accidents. Too many drunkards.

I joined courses he was in and made friends with his collegues.
Just had to avoid talking to him directly, so he would not notice me. I went on a couple of house parties where he didn't show up, but in the end, I got lucky.
Theme party. Suits and dresses. Fine by me.
He drank himself silly before it was even midnight. I knew he would. Old habits die hard.

Betting on him not remembering my face in that state, I approached him with my best naive barbie act.
He reacted clueless and horny.
Noone would suspect anything. He hit on many girls that night and I made sure to be flirty and
act drunk.
I waited to the moment at which most people went home and spiked his beer.
"Hey Tiger", i whispered.
"You know the old fountain near the park outside? Tell people you go home now but go there. We can have fun there. Just don't want folks
to think I am a bitch or something".
He was so eager that he stood up at once, told his goodbyes and was gone.
I stayed some more minutes, kissed another guy and went on my way.

When I arrived at the fountain, he was already weak. Still standing, but I knew I timed it well.
"Hey, let's go into the water and get kinky."
He did it, and once we were in, he almost fell over. I led him to the ground and waited until he was passed out cold.

The water arc would wash away all fingerprints. Now the hard part.
I knew I had only one chance to do this. I opened his pants so that the cops would not think twice about a drunk college kid who fell over while pissing.
Then I grabbed his head and postured myself. After a moment of hestitation, i looked up into the summer sky. The beauty of the stars made it feel right.
Blissfully, I smacked his head against the edge of the fountain wall with all the power I had.

That Guitar Tune by @Holt

It was a typical Saturday morning and Nicole felt bored out of her mind, with nothing to do. Suddenly a sound stopped her short, someone was playing a guitar next door! She jumped on her bed where the sound was clearest, and a smile came unbidden to her lips. It was just that good a melody. Even restless Kat was purring satisfactorily and was calm for once.

Too soon for Nicole, the tune ended. She resolved to go and meet this mystery player. An excellent guitarist living next door was too good to be true, that was the stuff of fantasy. Soon she found herself at the door. She only hesitated for a heartbeat before knocking. After hearing some fumbling inside, the door finally opened and she found herself staring at a handsome face about her own age. Nicole composed herself and offered her hand, introducing herself. The stranger took her hand and offered his own name, Max. For a while, they stayed like that, staring at each, then Nicole finally realized that she was the one who came knocking and hadn't said why she came. She couldn't help going straight to the point and afterwards Max offered to play a tune for her.
That became the routine every Saturday. Max will play his guitar, sure that Nicole was listening next door, and sometimes she'd go over to watch as he played.

But it was sure to end someday. Time flew and then college came, Max was moving away. On the day he was to leave, Nicole was right there with him in his room, he had promised to play for her before leaving. And boy did he play. Nicole stared at him with misty-eyes and before she could stop herself, she found her lips meeting his. She pulled back and looked away shyly, but Max only smiled and gently turning her head, he kissed her, long and proper this time. After saying their goodbyes, Nicole returned to her room. She put her hand to the wall where the sound always came from, and felt as though an irreplaceable part of her had been ripped out.

They kept in touch often, and Nicole often listened to him play via Skype, but it wasn't really the same.
In her final year of college, a ball was organized for them. Max promised he'd be there, and Nicole was eager to see him. Finally, the day came, and then they met. He had broader shoulders, was taller and was sporting a beard. It was the face and body of a young man she saw, but this was unmistakably still Max. They hugged and kissed briefly and shortly after, Max asked for a dance. As they stepped onto the dance floor, a peculiar tune began to play and Nicole stopped short. The tune that was playing was Max's, it was the one he played on the day he left, when they last saw each other. It was a bit different and she could tell he had gotten a lot better but she would never forget that tune. Somehow, he had gotten them to play it at the ball.

As Max took her hand, Nicole closed her eyes and held him tight. She was that high school girl again with her fantasy guitarist neighbor. She had him in her arms, and in that moment, he was all hers.

• Week 17-18: Villain Avatar & Signature Set
The Scarlet Scourge- Irene Belserion by @DiMaria Yesta

• Week 19-20: Science Drawing
Astronomy: Nebula by @Notice me Escanor senpai

• Week 21-22: Six Words Short Story
When The Authority Limits You To Six Words Only, Don't Let That Restrict Your Potential And Be Sure To Remember There Is Always The Option Of Going For a Gintama-Style Title To Offer The World Whatever Great Life Lessons You Wish To Share by @Utsune

What if I wrote seven words?

• Week 23-24: Portrait Photography
In the Distortion World by @DiMaria Yesta

• Autumn Art Contest
Kawaii Neko Strikes by @Ustegius

• Week 25-26: Abstract Banner
Magenta-Cyan Triangles On a Black Canvas by @NDAP

• Week 27-28: Chibi Coloring
Chibi Coloring by @Ustegius

• Halloween Special
Tokyo Ghoul:re Hallows by @WithYouInSpirit

“A tragedy strikes Tokyo on All Hallows Eve!?”…

“After him!”

The Ghoul wearing the Jack-O-Lantern mask crashes through the flimsy wooden fence into the alleyway and makes a sharp left, careening down the dark, narrow gap between two buildings. A group of grey suited Investigators charge into the alley behind him, simultaneously attacking with their Quinque, weapons made specifically to slay Ghouls. Alas, the Ghoul is too agile for them and easily evades the attacks.

As the Investigators halt their pursuit, the Ghoul laughs to himself as he emerges onto the open street….. Only to be greeted by a sight feared by any Ghoul. About 12 hooded Investigators stood in a semi-circle around the exit of the alleyway, trapping him. At the pinnacle of this deadlock was a tall, silvery haired man wearing glasses. “The Reaper…”

The Investigator to the immediate right of Arima Kishou wore a black trench coat, with glasses and a pair of red gloves. A very unusual attire for a Ghoul Investigator.

“Associate Special Class. Eliminate the enemy”. Arima breathes out slowly, causing a mist to form in the cool night air.

Associate Special Class Investigator Haise Sasaki (Formerly known as Ken Kaneki) nods his understanding and grasps the hilt of his Quinque, Yukimura ¼.

“The extermination of the S Rate Ghoul “Jackal” will now commence”.

Jackal backs away from Sasaki. This was his worst nightmare. Cornered by Kishou Arima and his Doves… He suddenly unleashes his Kagune, a long, sharp blade protruding from his shoulder blade that bats aside the Quinque of one of the Zero Squad as he darts past and outside the deadlock. Sasaki immediately nods to Arima before leaping over the heads of the other Investigators and going in pursuit of Jackal.

The chase took them through a depilated part of the 4th Ward, heading north. As the surrounding buildings that were zooming past his vision started becoming more habitable, he became concerned. They were heading for the 5th Ward, a highly populated area with minimal Ghoul presence. He spots Jackal turning down a side street into a suburban area and sprints to catch up…

===================================================================================================================

Jackal runs down the suburban street, panting heavily. As he runs past a group of young humans, he snickers at them. Foolish sacks of meat. He’d always found the idea of festivities pointless, and here these humans were walking around every October 31st dressed in ridiculous looking costumes. He stops behind a hedgerow to try and shake off the Investigator at his heels.

Peeking through the leaves, he watches as Sasaki stops in the middle of the sidewalk, gazing around. A few children come up to him and ask the Investigator what he’s dressed up as. As Sasaki puts on a warm smile and sends the children on their way Jackal chuckles. “That’s an unusual one alright. He radiates the same aura as the Reaper, but he has some heart inside that coat…”

He slowly backs up until he hits the wall of a house. Checking the window directly above him to see if it were open, he confirms that it is and stealthily enters the home of the two unsuspecting humans inside.

He crouches on the hardwood floor to avoid making noise, and raises his head above the lounge before him. A woman was standing at the door with a young girl clutching her legs. Outside the door stood Haise Sasaki, flashing his Investigators badge and asking whether the woman had seen him around. She shakes her head and Sasaki bows before retreating down the path. Jackal grins. The Reaper’s dog was gone and he had been left alone with a meal to snack on…

===================================================================================================================

Sasaki walks away from the third house that he had called in to on his way down the street. Just where had that Ghoul run off to? He has a flashback to the night before when Arima had approached him with an offer to participate in this mission.

“Jackal is rumoured to be the younger sibling of a Ghoul Fura and I killed many years ago. Her alias was Lantern. Now he seems intent on slaughtering as many innocents as possible to draw us at the CCG out into unfavourable situations, allowing him to pick us off”…

This was one of those unfavourable situations. He was alone with a Ghoul in a community full of helpless civilians with a low grade Quinque that would barely scratch an S Rate Ghoul. He silently curses Arima for intentionally setting him up for this mission. He’s about to continue on towards the centre of the 5th Ward when a scream cuts through the loud chatter and laughter of Halloween festivities.

He spins on his heel and sprints towards the source of the scream. The house he had visited not 10 minutes ago… A teenage boy laughs with his friends as Sasaki runs past. “Someone must have gotten one hell of a fright”.

He leaps up the steps of the home of a woman and her child and without hesitation, kicks down the door. As he rushes into the living room he’s greeted with a horrible sight: Jackal has the mother impaled on his Kagune and suspended in mid-air, the woman gasping for breath as blood bubbles in her throat. The young girl is crouched in the middle of the room, shrieking.

Jackal, not having noticed the Investigator, laughs aloud. “I bet this is scarier than any of those tacky costumes eh? Now shut your mouth girl. I need to eat in peace. I’ll save you for later”… He tips the woman further so that her blood trickles into his mouth through the jagged jaw cut into the mask. As he raises his eyes he sees a black blur flying towards him, and casts the dying woman aside before bringing his Koukaku Kagune around to parry the blow from Sasaki’s Quinque.

“So you did find me, dog… You’re a high ranking dove aren’t you? Imagine the fame I’d get if I devoured you… I wonder what you taste like!

Jackal’s Kagune slices through Yukimura ¼ as if it were no more than butter, and the Investigator receives a painful slash across his chest. He jumps back and scoops up the child. “What’s your name girl?” She sniffs, wiping her tears away and staring up at him. “Airi…” Sasaki smiles as he puts her down behind him. “That’s a pretty name. I’m Haise Sasaki. Please stay back…”

He turns to Jackal again and throws the remains of his Quinque to the ground. “You know that your older sister deserved to die right? She needlessly killed people even when she wasn’t hungry…”

Jackal snarls at him. “I bet Kishou Arima told you that didn’t he? Well I don’t care what you have to say. I’m going to tear you apart!!!”

His Kagune arcs around towards the Investigator from the left, but Sasaki grasps it in one hand, tearing the end of the limb off. Jackal curses. “What the hell are you? No normal Dove could do that…”

Sasaki smiles calmly as his single Kakugan materialises in his left eye. His Jet Black Kagune unfurls from his lower back and coils around his body. “Well you see, I’m no ordinary Investigator, and you should know that I didn’t become an Associate for no reason…”

He flashes out of Jackal’s vision, and the Ghoul only feels the superior Kagune ripping into his right side as he’s sent flying into a wall. He groans and stares up at the half-ghoul above him. “One…Eye… What the hell is that Arima thinking? A crazy scheme like this…”

Sasaki thrusts his Kagune into Jackal’s chest, bursting his heart. “Goodbye, Daichi Minami… If you see any of my victims in the afterlife, tell them that Eyepatch outlived them all…”

The S Rate Ghoul takes a shuddering breath as he dies staring into the eyes of Ken Kaneki (Haise Sasaki). The Investigator closes the dead man’s eyes, closing his own in respect. “Ghoul’s don’t have to be detestable creatures. It’s a choice, despite what the world tells us…” he murmurs to himself mutedly. He suddenly hears a noise and turns to see Aiki leaning over her mother’s body, weeping. He sighs and gets to his feet.

Taking Aiki’s hand, he embraces her softly. Leaning over to whisper into her ear.

“I’m sorry…”

“Happy Halloween…”

• Week 29-30: Dream Poem
On the Roof of Your Car by @riki

As we sat on the roof of your car
and gazed at the stars above,
I thought how lucky I am
to be with the one I love

and marveled about
the possibility of
you and I

Of a happy life
through laughter and tears
Gathering with friends
and loved ones so dear

Of exploration
and opportunities
Traveling the world
and learning new things

Of growing old together
Sharing our ups and downs
until the end of our time

But that can all wait
For we still have time

As you lean your head against my shoulder
and your fingers interlocked with mine,
I am just content
with having you by my side

Dreams's Fights by @Darky

Let your dreams be bigger than your fears
Your actions stronger than your speaking.
Believe in your dreams and they will may be true,
Believe in yourself and surely , they will be true.

It is never too late to fix yourself a goal
Neither to have a dream.
That is why kids have always a goal
It is because they have dreams.

Don't dream your life,
Live your dream,
Because you don't live in the past,
You don't dream of the future,
You are in the present.

You always desired power,
You always had power in your dreams
You wanted to be the strongest,
You were always the strongest in your dreams
You wanted friends to be happy with,
You had friends only in your dreams
But now, you need to wake up
And realize your dreams
To make it reality.

Nobody Else by @WithYouInSpirit

Nobody else understands,
Nobody else will ever know,
Nobody else can ever be,
The things that I see.

Nobody else will care,
Nobody else is aware,
Nobody else can compare,
To the things that I see.

Those things are dreams…

These dreams are mine,
And all mine I know,
You cannot see them,
You have not atoned.

So remember one thing,
And one thing alone,
You can always join me,
You don’t have to be alone.

Cast aside the darkness,
And set yourself free,
For there will always be someone,
Right there in your dreams...

Seeing You Again by @Dried Ambrosia

A Lost Soul by @Holt

The golden moon bathes me in its fiery radiance
I glimpse the silver sun lost among the clouds
There's something wrong with this scenery so I must fix it

I reach for the golden light and snuff it's brilliance in my palms
This is my world and I cannot stand it's arrogance
Here everything bows to me and exist solely for my purpose

Then I see it, a little figure, small and insignificant
A trespasser in my domain
An existence without my permission
I resolve to destroy it like the golden moon
But I cannot reach it.

As far as I run, as far as I stretch,
It lies a hair beyond my grasp.
I'm frustrated and it mocks me
It ridicules my world, and denies it's reality
My rage is beyond measure
But his words strike deep

I can feel my consciousness returning.
I can feel the world beckoning
Yet I will fight to remain here
Because I have no place in that cruel place
A god here, but there, just another insignificant being

• Week 31-32: Flower Photography
Summer by @WithYouInSpirit

• Winter Art Contest - Christmas Tree Ball
Saiko Admiring an Ornament by @Qixus

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
ART CONTESTS FROM 2017
  • Week 01-02: Super Heroes Avatar & Signature Set
Caped Baldy by @goldb

• Week 03-04: Angels & Demons Drawing
  • Week 05-06: Beach Short Story
Hatchlings by @riki

I must have fallen fast asleep watching television because I soon felt someone roughly shaking my shoulder. Groaning, I pretended to ignore it and turn away to continue to sleep. Nevertheless, the shaking still persisted. “Wake up, Kylie!” my mother coaxed. “The turtles are leaving!”

At once, my eyes sprung opened as I sat up on my bed. From the pale moonlight coming from the window, I could see my mother crouching over me. Her eyes were lit with excitement. “Come on! You don’t need to get dressed; just put on a pair of shoes and a jacket,” she told me. “I’ll wait for you downstairs.”

Nodding, I grabbed a pair of sneakers and hurried down the stairs. My parents and six years old sister, McKenna, were already waiting for me at the door. My mother draped a blanket over her arm while my sister carried the lantern. My father had a tall thermos, which was most likely filled with hot chocolate, in his hand. “Everyone’s ready?” my father asked. We nodded. “Let’s go!”

We walked toward the beach without speaking a word. The only sounds I heard was the wave crashing the shores and the distant din of the cars driving by. I mused to myself how the people driving by didn’t know that a phenomenon was happening nearby. If they did, they would probably stop their cars to see the show. The cool breeze, which smelled like the salt water, caused me to shiver. Crossing my arms, I wished that I had brought a warmer coat. My mother must have noticed because she wrapped the blanket over my shoulder. I gave her a grateful smile.

By the time we arrived at the beach, the moon was high up in the sky, and a handful of people were already there. Most were marine biologists; their equipment pinged as they recorded the action. The rest were like us. However, they all came for the same reason – to see the turtle hatchlings head toward the sea. We gathered on the rocks above the beach, which was restricted to prevent any harm to the baby turtles, and looked at the sight below.

“Look, mommy! The sea turtles!” McKenna squealed, clapping her hands with delight. Hundreds of baby turtles scurried toward the ocean, which seemed to beckon them with the waves. Gritty sands covered their leathery shells like sprinkles. Their flippers dragged them forward, leaving ripples in the sands. As soon as they reached the edge of the shore, the water snatched them with open arms and swept them away from the land.

The whole time, my family and I watched in awe silence as we sipped our hot chocolate and huddled around each other under the blanket. We rooted for the baby turtles, urging them onward, and grimacing at their struggles. After an hour or so, most of the hatchlings had reached the safety of the water so my father announced, “Show’s over. Let’s head home.”

My sister and I started to protest, but we knew it was no use. It was getting late, and we had trouble stifling our yawns. After we gathered our belongings, we started to walk home. As we headed off, I had one last look. It was hard to imagine that the nearly empty beach was once home to these extraordinary creatures. Looking toward the sea, I could only wish the hatchlings good luck in their journey before I went on my way.

• Week 07-08: Animal Photography
  • Spring Art Contest: Forum Badge Creation
  • Week 09-10: Technology Banner
  • Week 11-12: Main Character Coloring
  • Week 13-14: Innocence Poem

I used to be an innocent girl
and believed in the good in people.
But now I know the truth
after I encountered you.

I'm no longer that foolish girl
who believes in true love.
Your deceptive tongue and empty promises
have taught me that so very long ago.

I'm no longer that guillible girl
who believes in every one of your lies.
Now I am wary of everyone I meet
and question their every moves.

For I'm no longer that innocent girl
because you took that away from me...
but then I was stupid enough
to let you into my life.

And I have regretted it every since.

• Week 15-16: Food Photography
Best Served Hot! by @WithYouInSpirit

• Summer Art Contest: Caligraphy
Petal by @DiMaria Yesta

• Week 17-18: Brothers Avatar & Signature Set
Space Brothers by @Ustegius

• Week 19-20: Self-portrait Drawing
Out of the Jungle by @WithYouInSpirit

The not-so-awesome French Caricature by @Darky

• Week 21-22: Dystopia Short Story
Rewrite by @riki

Amidst the bustling noise, Jessica began to stir. Her eyelids fluttered as she slowly woke up with an agonizing headache. Groaning, she went to raise her hand to her head when she realized that she couldn’t lift her hands. Now fully alert, she opened her eyes and found herself restrained in a reclining chair; her wrists and ankles were cuffed while a metal bar was strapped around her waist. Her head was also restrained with some sort of transmitters attached above her ears on either side so she could barely move her head in any directions. The chair was attached to a large machination. The cylinder machine was in the center of the room. All around the circular room was glass panels, where she could see several people in lab coats were monitoring her, and machinery, which blinked and beeped sporadically.

Where was she? As if reading her mind, someone shouted, “Ah! Good afternoon, Ms. Ryan! Enjoy your little nap?” Surprised, Jessica looked down to find a group of men in black suits walking up to her. The one in the middle, who looked vaguely familiar, continued, “In case you’re wondering, you’re in a secret government facility in Sector 4.”

Secret government facility? “Who are you?” she managed to muster.

The man smiled. “Don’t you recognize me? I’ve been on TV for the last few weeks, but then, your head might still be foggy so I’ll reintroduce myself. I’m President Benjamin Linden. You know, the leader of this godforsaken planet?”

“President…?” Her eyes widened at that realization. Her heart skipped a beat. “What is the meaning of this!?” Jessica demanded at the same time a voice over the loudspeaker announced, “The Personal Identity Overwrite program is almost ready, Mr. President.”

“Oh, good! It seems the system is nearly charged,” the president exclaimed. Turning his attention back to her, he explained, “You see, before he died, the renowned Dr. Stephenson has figured out a way to use psychic waves to alter a person’s brainwaves and thus changes his sense of identity. He even designed a machine in order to do so. As a matter of fact, we have been using this machine on several people. It has done such a splendid job since its creation.”

“But why?” Jessica asked as she struggled to break free.

“Isn’t it obvious? To maintain order! We can’t allow anyone endangering the stability of our fine country, can we?” President Linden exclaimed. “By giving them new identities, we give them a second chance in life as well as sustaining the laws of this great society!”

“By getting rid of someone’s sense of who they are!?” she shouted.

The President shrugged. “It’s better than being dead. Of course, if you’re useful to us, that is, and you’re still very valuable. By the time I see you again, you’ll be calling yourself by a different name.”

“Wait!” Jessica started to shout when she felt her body jerked backward. The hydraulic pumps hissed and whistled as the chair began to lift up toward the ceiling. No! There was no way she would let them change who she is! While she struggled against her bindings, the retractable ceiling slid away, revealing a bright light that nearly blinded her. Strange symbols and images soon were displayed on the monitor, and she felt a strange buzz coming from the transmitters on her head. Was this part of the Personal Identity Overwrite?

Just as she was thinking that thought, a shrill whistle reverberated through her head as something struck her inside her head, which caused her to scream. It was as if something erupted inside her head. At that moment, Jessica couldn’t think nor feel. All she could do was stare at the strange imagery displayed on the monitor.

• Week 23-24: Color & Black & White Photography
Piece of My Heart by @riki

• Autumn Art Contest: Manhwa
A Normal Day for Baam by @Purity of Magi

• Week 25-26: Flower Banner
Flower on Roadside by @DiMaria Yesta

• Week 27-28: Pets Coloring
No Name by @Kappa123

• Week 29-30: Survival Poem
Song of Survival by @Organizized

Sing to me softly once more about Death
For music breathes life into all
When Death comes to life in your voice
I will crawl before him, I will fall
to my knees and beseech him
"just one more song"

And you'll sing to me softly once more about Life
A song to outlive all the rest
And Death he will patiently wait,
unprotesting he’ll stand, undistressed
To a song of survival
‘fore he takes me along

• Week 31-32: Friends Photography
Nodus Tollens by @goldb

• Halloween Special: Witch
Witches Rite by @MarmaladeSky

• Winter Art Contest
The Queen of Winter by @Linali

The high, lonely mountain, nothing but snow around. She took a deep breath. She didn’t even have to take a look at the compass to know. This is it. This is the right place.

The sudden gust of cold wind made her shiver. She rubbed her frozen hands. A snowstorm was coming. She needed to hurry.

Standing at the foot of the mountain, she raised her head in an attempt to see what awaits her at the top, but fog covered it completely. She let out a resigned sigh and started climbing. Ascending higher and higher she couldn’t help but recall her last moments in her home village – the crowd of frozen men, sad women and starving children; armed guards standing near the gate ready to catch and tie her down if she tried to run; the elders wearing ceremonial clothes. And this speech… Even now, a few days later, the memory of what she heard made her want to burst with bitter, maniacal laughter.

“Today is a glorious day!”

Glorious? For whom? Not for me anyway.

“You were honored with a mission of great value not only for our village, but for the whole world.”

Honored, my ass. If it’s such an honor, then why didn’t you come yourself? And the only reason why I was chosen is because there’s no one left to care or miss me.

“Your name and your noble deed shall not be forgotten neither by us, nor our children and grandchildren.”

Sweet bullshit is still bullshit. Do you even know my name to begin with?

Her foot slipped on the icy rock and she screamed in panic. Her fingers clenched on the rock shelf, her body was hanging hopelessly hundreds meters above the ground. She felt the first stings of tears. No, she won’t cry. That’s one of the promises she made to herself many years ago and probably the only one she can keep. She found a safe base for her feet and continued climbing. There was still long way to go. She needed to stay focused.

She reached the top frozen, tired and breathless. A few minutes passed before she was able to raise her head and take a look around. The only thing in sight was the intricately carved glass throne with a skeleton of a woman sitting on it. Snow-white long hair and shreds of white robes fluttered to the wind. Beautiful crown made of ice rested on its head.

She slowly rose to her feet and approached the throne.

“Got tired of being the Queen of Winter, ha?” she asked with a hoarse voice.

She touched the hand of the skeleton and watched in awe as the bones and the robes changed into the snow, then rose and floated in the wind. Only the crown was left. She reached her hands for it.

“I wish to know, who you were” she said. “I wish to know, what life did you live. But I don’t even know your name. I guess it was forgotten.” She slowly put a crown on her head. “And so will be mine”.

~ ・~ ・~ ・~
And then, the Spring has come. First time in years.

A Thoughtful Moth by @DiMaria Yesta

Fullwinter Alchemist by @Farfalla

Last edited:

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
ART CONTESTS FROM 2018

• Week 01-02: Past & Present Photography
Past, Present, Princess by @Organizized

• Week 03-04: Romance Poem
Never Been in Love by @riki

I’ve never been in love before
So I wouldn’t know
What it’s like to love
Someone unconditionally

True, I have some crushes
But it’s not the same.
It was just puppy love
Nothing more.

Although I sometimes wonder
What it would be like
To be deeply in love
With someone

Is it an electric spark
That jolts you in your veins
Or is it an indescribable feeling
That you just know you found the one?

Is it frightening
To give a bit of yourself -
A part of your soul -
To someone else?

To place complete trust
And share your darkest
Secrets and fears
To someone other than yourself?

To risk ostracism
And condemnation
From those who
Oppose the romance?

To love and to cherish
Through thick and thin
No matter how high
The costs?

To be willing to spend
The rest of your life
With the person
Who vows to do the same?

Maybe I’ll know the answers
One day
When I fall in love
Someday

The Ways of Love over Time by @Organizized

A kiss,
held for just a moment longer
A slow dance
in the midst of a raging storm
A thousand memories
in one quiet song
Two hands entwined,
one cold, one warm

A moment of sinking
in the eyes of the other
Two fools,
remembering two fools of old;
A time without thinking,
without conscience or bother
When all music was serenades
and all sunsets were gold

And as we grew older,
romance grew smaller…
yet never weaker

A kiss, a moment,
a waltz by firelight
Impervious, then
to all things routine
Knowing, once more
that love is bigger
Bigger than the life
happening in-between

• Week 05-06: Rivalry Avatar & Signature Set
Super Saiyan Bros by @Ustegius

• Week 07-08: Illustrated Children Book Drawing
Motorcycle in the Sky by @Ustegius

• MangaHelpers Spring Art Contest: Musical Cover
Gnarls Barkley - Crazy Cover by @Organizized

• Week 09-10: Landmark Photography
Mojstrovka by @Valhalla777

• Week 11-12: Magic Short Story
A Secret Between Friends by @riki

“Do you believe in magic?”

I stared at Nathan incredulously. “Do you want to kiss me or something?” I blurted. My face burned a bright red at that thought. After all, we were the only two left at the creek; all of our friends had left to go to the movies, but we decided to swim a little bit longer. At the moment, we were taking a break and sitting on the bank.

Now it was his turn to be embarrassed. “N-no! That wasn’t what I meant!” he sputtered, his face was red as a ripe tomato. He looked away and threw a pebble into the water. It skipped across the surface, sending ripples toward the center of the creek. “I just wonder if you think magic is real or not.”

“Oh.” To be honest, I would be impressed if he did. Out of all my friends, Nathan is the quietest. He doesn’t say much, but he likes to hang out with us even though we are a boisterous bunch. Nevertheless, I don’t mind since it’s nice to have someone who just listens and doesn’t make comments or advices. “I dunno. Isn’t it obvious that magic isn’t real? I mean, it would be nice if it were true. Why?”

Nathan didn’t answer at first as he skipped another rock into the water. He watched as the ripples expand and touched each other before he answered, “I can do magic, Carrie.”

I gave him a strange look. Was he trying to pull my leg? “I don’t understand.”

“I mean real magic. You know, like the ones from Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings.” Nathan scratched his head. “I know that it sounds strange so let me show you.” I opened my mouth to protest, but he raised his hand. “Just watch.”

Sighing, I closed my mouth and did as he asked. I watched as Nathan placed his hands together palms up in front of his chest. His eyes focused on his hands, so I did the same. Nothing happened at first, and I was getting impatient waiting. I was about to give up when it happened. I don’t know how to describe it, but the air above his hands wavered. Soon, specks of colors emerged in the wavy air as they merged together. Before I could even blink, the colors burst out, revealing a daisy in his hands.

Picking up the flower, Nathan then extended his gift toward me. “Here you go.”

My mouth dropped. “H-how did you do that!?” I exclaimed. I gingerly reached out toward the daisy. Imagine my shock when I actually touched it. The flower was real. The white petals felt soft to the touch, and the stem was sturdy in my grip.

“I don’t know,” he admitted, shrugging. “It just happened one day. I was hungry and thought it would be nice to have something to eat when a hamburger suddenly appeared in my hands. Ever since then, if I want something, all I have to do is think about it and then POOF! It shows up right in my hands.”

“Does anyone else know about this?” I asked as I twirled the daisy in my hands.

He shook his head. “No, no one else knows besides you.” He then added, “In fact, I want you to keep this a secret, Carrie.”

“Why not?” I exclaimed. “Think about all of the miracles you can do! You can be the hero in this town!”

“I just can’t. It just…” He paused for a moment before he continued, “I don’t want anyone to use me. Especially my mom.”

As soon as he mentioned his mom, I immediately understood. Although none of our friends talked about it, we know about Nathan’s background from eavesdropping our parents’ conversations. Based on what we heard, his dad is a deadbeat while his mom would disappear to who-knows-where for several days (“Getting high,” my parents muttered, shaking their heads). It meant that he has to fend for himself, which is why he likes to spend a lot of time with us rather than going home. Knowing his mom, she would exploit his gift if she finds out. Not to mention, she would probably take him away from the only place he knows as home.

Instead of answering him, I wondered, “But why me? You could have revealed this to anyone else.”

Nathan blushed as he looked down at the water. “It's because you're not a blabber. Besides, you were the first one to befriend me, and you make me feel like I belong. Out of everyone I know, you’re the only one I can trust with my life.” He suddenly looked up at me and hold out his pinky. “So promise me you won’t tell anyone else about it. Okay?”

He didn't have to ask me. After all, Nathan is one of my friends, and friends are supposed to have each other's back no matter what. I looked at him straight in the eyes and linked my pinky with his. “It’s a promise.”

• Week 13-14: Retro Banner
Retro City by @Erinyes

• Week #15-16: Adventure Coloring
Adventure Coloring by @Ustegius

• MangaHelpers Summer Art Contest: MH Flag Design
A Place to connect by @Seraph

Enter MH and Enjoy by @Valhalla777

• Week #17-18: Bad Weather Photography
Pantheism by @Arjuna

• Week #19-20: Love Story Poem
Always Together by @riki

We first met in first grade;
Your desk was next to mine.
So deathly afraid were we that
Our things would touch due to cooties and all.

Not to mention, I thought you were
A Miss Know-It-All and a teacher’s pet
While I’m sure you think
I was an annoying, little pest.

We met again in middle school;
Our lockers were neighbors once more.
This time, we discovered that we have
something in common and soon become friends.

We became a couple in high school
During our sophomore year.
"The ideal high school sweethearts,"
Our friends used to tease.

We didn't mind their ribbing.
No, not at all.
Because what they said was true;
We were very much in love after all.

We could talk to each other
About our future dreams and plans.
Mine was going to college
While yours was to be a nurse.

Everything changed
When I was drafted into the war.
We met one last time before I leave
Underneath the sycamore tree.

There, I carved our initials onto the trunk
And asked you to wait for me.
You promised to keep in touch until
I'm back, safe and sound.

During that terrible time while apart,
We corresponded everyday
Talking about mundane things
To keep our minds elsewhere.

Each letter, we professed our love
Until I finally asked
For your hand in marriage
To which, you replied, "Yes."

We got married after the war was over
Much to everyone's delight.
I still remembered that day
As if it happens today.

You - my radiant bride
Your face glowed
And your eyes twinkled
as you walked down the aisle.

While I tried my best
To stop the tears from flowing
For my hearts sang with joy
At the thought of you being my wife.

We started our lives together
And bought a little house
with a porch and a large backyard
In a nice neighborhood.

We started a family soon after
Two boys and one girl.
Soon, our home was full
With laughter and joy.

While I took care of the family
With a 9 to 5 job,
You postponed your dream
To raise the kids until they’re old enough.

Those were happy times
And now, after several grandkids
And great-grandkids,
We’re still together.

Throughout the years,
nothing has changed between us.
Our love remained strong and true.
I love you, and you, me.

You still make me laugh
With your wicked sense of humor
While I make you smile
With my thoughtfulness

Although we had our ups and downs
(Though more of the former),
We managed to stay as each other's rock
Through those challenging times.

Even today, everything’s still the same.
Our love remains strong.
We’re in the same hospital room;
Your bed is next to mine.

We were surrounded with love
From our family and friends
As I held your frail hand
One last time.

As you took your final breath,
I whispered to you to wait for me
Under that sycamore tree
Where we parted long ago.

And so I closed my eyes
To fall asleep one last time
For I’ll be coming soon
To join you in the afterlife.

Because this I know,
We’ll always be together, you and I.
Nothing -not even Death-
can ever keep us apart.

• Week #21-22: Chibi Avatar & Signature Set
Fly High...? by @Organizized

• MangaHelpers Autumn Art Contest : Autumn Video
Walk by the Dried Up Falls by @Organizized

• Week #25-26: Sleeping Photography
Lans by @Farfalla

• Week #27-28: Wish Short Story
Wished For by @Elusia

20xx

Dear Diary,
I was having yet another ordinary day. On this particular day, I walked around and doing my own business, listening to music and avoiding the crowd. Then, like the clumsy person that I am, I stumbled and almost fell on my face. The young girl in front of me was startled and quickly stood on my feet.

It was my old classmate, peeking through her long, open envelope, as if she was hiding her face. She slowly laughed, but in a very awkward way. I wasn’t a type of person to stand idle. I asked her out and she quickly nodded. Eventually, we sat down at a nearby café.

An originally small, friendly talk between old acquaintances turned into a long conversation that lasted for a few hours. After that debacle, she finally told me that her long wish of becoming a doctor came to a hold. Not having to succumb to any of those childhood stuff known as wishes, I didn’t quite get what she was saying at first. Then I have to ask, to stop the growth of silence between us.

“What are you going to do after that?”

“I'm not sure.” She whispered while bowing her head.

“Can’t try again?”

And, unexpectedly, she left without saying a single word.

I sighed, took it as a sign that she was really upset. It was only proven further when I hear soft, mumbled cries, followed by her bowing her head again in the distance and leaving completely. I had to think back, while looking down at my untouched tea.

She wished to be a doctor, but had to stop.

I wasn’t really into things like that, though that’s what I always say. Earlier, in my childhood days, I’d go outside at night and stare at the numerous stars there. I’d wish for the simplest of things, like finding a cute girlfriend or a dream car or something. Since then, many years have passed, and now I lived alone, in the best conditions even. But, for those reasons, I never really wished for anything, because I had everything I need.

I have a good life, a nice house, a success in school, and pretty much everything else that I need. Even in the worst times, I just keep on going, because in my mind, everything is definitely going to be alright.

Nagging in the back of my head, I wonder why I lacked sympathy for my friend. I guess I’ll never know for sure. Sighing again, I sipped the last drops of my tea and head home.

As I end this normal day by tucking into bed, I remember something. I did have another wish in mind. I wanted to be a writer, but it wasn’t an ordinary wish on a starry night. I made it come true. It was no longer a wish.

Granted, it’s not exactly what I wanted, but I am satisfied with what I got.

I finally realized the lack of sensitivity I have on my friend. It’s not the wish itself, but the outcome. I’ll have to talk to her again tomorrow, so she can have another go. She can’t rely on fictional wishes forever - she has to make them come true. Only then, she might have to stop wishing and start acting.

• Week #29-30: Childhood Banner
We're all mad here by @MarmaladeSky

• Week #31-32: Nightmare Coloring contest
Spooky demon Cat spawn .... begone by @Valhalla777

• Special Winter Art Contest: Stan Lee Tribute

Winning team: Guardians of MangaHelpers

Submissions with the most votes:
Heroes like us by @Linali

It was a cold, snowy evening, on the day before Christmas Eve. Tommy was running as fast as he could, focused on nothing but his destination – the shop on the street corner. Two weeks ago he saw figurines of Marvel superheroes on one of the shelves and felt he has to have it. He's been walking the neighbor's ugly, disobedient dog ever since then to earn money to fulfil his little dream. He was so excited, he was barely noticing the world around him. Maybe that's why he tripped over the legs of a homeless woman, who was sitting on the pavement, her back against the wall. He murmured "sorry" and moved on to his destination.

Once he entered the shop, he went straight to the shelf with figurines. Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Iron Man, and many more - all of his admired heroes. With his heart pounding like crazy he reached for Spiderman.

"You like these, true believer?"

Tommy flinched and turned around. An old moustached man wearing sunglasses was standing behind him with a wide smile on his face.

"Y-yes... Yes, they're awesome!" answered Tommy. "They're strong and fast and help other people a lot...” the boy looked at figurines in awe, ”I wish I could be a superhero too".

"Then become one!” said the old man.

"How?” Tommy frowned, "I don't have any superpowers".

"And why would you need them?” old man chuckled. Seeing consternation on the boy's face, he squatted and put his hands on Tommy's arms. "Did you know, that shopkeeper lady over there has a disabled husband? She's been working hard and taking care of him for years. I've never heard a word of complaint from her. And this person -” he pointed at a redhead man, who just entered the shop. "He's a firefighter, he's saved countless lives. He never gives up, no matter how dangerous the situation seems to be".

The old man looked Tommy in the eyes and smiled. "You don't need a superpower to be a hero for someone else. Because the path of a superhero starts not in the mind, not in the muscles, but in the heart".

Tommy looked at his shoes with his brows knitted thinking intensely. Finally he raised his head.

"So what am I supposed to...", he stopped mid-sentence and blinked in surprise when he realized, that he was alone. He turned his head left and right, but the old man was nowhere to be seen.

Tommy sighed heavily - he already had an idea of what he should do. He looked on figurines wistfully for the last time and moved towards counter.

"Two sandwiches and a cup of tea please", he said.

~~*~~*~~
She was right there, where he saw her last time - sitting on the pavement with her back leaned against the wall. Tommy came closer and carefully gave woman his buys. Her eyes opened wide in surprise, then filled with tears.

"Thank you", she whispered.

Tommy bowed his head, not able to say a word. He just turned around and went back home. He was moving faster and faster with every step and finally he started to run. Strange energy filling his body made him feel like he could fly. When he finally stopped, he was panting heavily, but he didn't feel tiredness. He smiled happily - it was a wonderful feeling. And nothing could stop it. Even though he has to walk the neighbor's ugly, disobedient dog for another two weeks, if he wants to buy a figurine.

But who said that the path of a superhero is easy?

Who was your Rogue model? by @Farfalla

Stan the Man by @Belserion

Stan the Man Trading Card by @Ustegius

Last edited by a moderator:

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Art Contests from 2019

• Week 01-02: Facial Expression Photography
The Seven Deadly FrenchSins by @Jun

• Special Valentine's day Art Contest Winners:

"Certainly" - @Copy Panda
My dearest how long did you wait,
was it very long?”
The rumble I then felt,
surely was wrong
Fierce eyes claim mine,
my gaze absconds no
Curious clingy fingers
make for my most fated foe

You’d hurry back soon, I had an inkling.”
But boredom without you
amounts to ceaseless blinking
When you're back
I find it so refreshing
I latch onto you
with no further thinking

It's not like I particularly like you.”
Simply everyone else
is that much more worse
I need your gaze to dance
how can I enjoy
if I can’t immerse

Clasp my hand properly while we dance.”
One step, two steps,
across the expanse
Affable swaying
of your pretty hairs
The marble captures
glimmers of your glares

So why don’t you come closer,”
We’re at the end of this verse
It's time for me
Time for you
to taste for sure
the truth on our lips
Delicate, sweet
soft, loving, sips

Miraculously by @Purity of Magi

I don't think I have to say who is my partner -3-

• Week 03-04: Tongue Twister
Lo, let lying leos lay! by @Organizized

Little Lily Linley literally likes lethally licking lively leprous leopards, loathingly leaving licked leos lying lifeless, Lily’s laugh lingering like lots’a labile lady lions lunging at lunch.

• Week 05-06: Sailor Moon Avatar & Signature Set
Love & Beauty by @Valhalla777

• Week 07-08: Doodle Drawing

Foam by @MarmaladeSky

• Spring Art Contest: Fairy Concept Creation
Spring Art Contest - Fairy Concept Creation: Fairy Legends of Croatia by @Valhalla777
Fairy Legends of Croatia

Once upon a time, before great kingdoms and empires, the slavic lands were home to magic, mythical creatures and other beings of legend. But as time passed, kingdoms of man were beginning to establish themselves, new religions began to spread, and of course wars slowly began to rage throughout Europe. Thus magic began to fade and magical beings slowly went into hiding and they started to become just myths passed as mer children stories.

According to such stories, the land of Croatia was once home to fairies, otherwordly beautiful maidens that were able to wield magic. Legend says that no woman on earth could match their beauty and grace. They wore simple but beautiful white dresses that were shining in the moonlight when they danced. Some would say they had wings, while others would say that they were able to magically float and move through the forests like a white shining star and as swiftly as the wind. It is said that fairies dont like fire and they cant handle sunlight for too long so they are mostly active during night time.

They love the night and they always gather at mountain rivers and ponds where they would dance in the moonlight with all the wildlife. It is said that if humans witness such phenomena, the fairy maidens would kindly invite them to join the dance, but if they disrespectfuly refuse such gesture or ran away, the fairies would kill them. Even though this sounds cruel, fairies are very kind by nature and they love human children because of their innocence and purity. They can also show great respect towards adult humans, but only to those who are kind and pure of heart. If by chance a human of pure heart gains their trust and respect and they deem him worthy, it is believed they would potentionally use their magic power and bestow him a gift. In my homeland there are many tales and legends of fairies giving magical gifts to worthy humans and the most famous tale of them all is the tale of Peter, The Croatian giant.

A brave and kind hearted boy called Peter once stumbled upon a weak fairy sleeping on a open meadow beneath the Holy Mountain near my town. Peter as kind as he was, immediately helped her take shelter from the sun. When Peter brought her deep into the forest, the fairy regained her strenght and kindly thanked him. She looked into his eyes and saw a pure soul and a kind heart, and because of that she used her magic and bestowed him inhuman strenght so that he could always help those in need as he helped her. Afterwords Peter became a legendary hero who helped anyone who was in need, and protected his homeland from all evil. Wielding the strenght of a giant, Peter single handedly drove away armies and war itself, safely away from his homeland and people.

A Fairy of Legend - Digital Art

• Week 09-10: Nature/Landscape Photography
Going for a drive by @Totinona

• Week 11-12: Short Story - Based on a Quote
From the ground by @TrienDarkform

The dragon dug his claws into the side of the mountain. It was more rock than soil, making for slow work, and he wanted to finish before nightfall.

A child of the guardians of the elements, dragons were intelligent and long lived, roaming the skies, overseeing the balance of nature. He was still young as dragons went, though by human years he might be considered old.

As a rule, dragons were aloof and meddled not in human affairs. They would only watch from above, and though their influence was known, they picked no sides. They might as well be a force of nature, with how rarely they were seen. At least, until him.

He remembered his humiliation at being pulled from the sky by magic never before witnessed. Some wizard wanted him for a pet. With an injured wing he could not fly, but he could still fight, and he took out most of the minions that came to capture him. It mattered little once the wizard himself came and bound him, carting him back to a cage at his tower.

That situation did not last, for shortly after a wanderer came and razed the tower to the ground. Still injured, he could not escape, but the wanderer tended to him until his wing healed. Not trusting him, the wanderer restrained his powers with other magic. One cage exchanged for for another, he thought.

He remembered his frustration at being unable to fly free, tethered so he could go only so far, and at the wanderer's beck and call, who used him as a mount. His fiery breath was reduced to no more than that which could light a campfire. Just a glorified horse, he thought.

He remembered his disgust at watching the conflicts the wanderer was involved in. Dragons lived above these petty little struggles, which were gone in the blink of an eye, and unimportant in the grand scheme of a dragon's long life.

Half a century he was tied to the wanderer, going from place to place, meeting the injustices they found. People were glad to see the wanderer, though they feared the dragon, even though he could not harm them. For years he had waited for the chance to break free and turn on his master, yet the chance never came. But now the wanderer was dead, the magical chains faded, the dragon's powers unbridled. Free at last, once he finished digging this hole.

The dragon paused to evaluate his work—just about large enough. A few more scrapes of his claws, and it would suffice.

With an unexpected gentleness, he placed his beloved former master's body into the tomb, and pushed the excavated earth back. No longer would they wander together. No longer would he experience the kindness she showed to all, including his unwilling self. No longer would he hear her voice as she sung to entertain them in their solitude, or as they talked long into the night about her hopes, fears and dreams.

He roared in his rage, scattering the scavengers which came for the bodies left from the battle—a battle she had fought alone, against an army which had dared the unthinkable act of killing a dragon. He had begged her to release him, knowing he could wipe out the whole group in an instant, but she smiled and refused, content only to drive them away, despite the cost to herself. Yet he understood why, as much as it pained him.

He finished covering the tomb, and turned to watch the sun set. His eyes should be filling with tears, he thought, but dragons could not make them. She had forced these eyes open, to see many things one wouldn't from a high perch, things no dragon had ever cared to see.

Turning once more towards the grave, he bowed solemnly before forcing his gaze away, and took to the air.

No longer would he watch from the sidelines. It was time to get to work.

• Week 13-14: Pokemon Banner
Sword & Shield by @Kiki

• Week 15-16: Fairy Tail Coloring
Ao Neko by @Valhalla777

• Week 17-18: Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma

Photography | Food and Beverage | Sweet and Spicy Beef with Rice | @goldb

Recipe

Ingredients for 4 servings

• Sauce
      • 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
      • 2 tablespoons water
      • 2 tablespoons fresh ginger
      • 2 teaspoons sesame oil
      • 3 tablespoons sriracha
      • 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes (optional)
      • 4 tablespoons brown sugar (OR coconut sugar OR 1/2 teaspoon stevia in the raw)
      • juice from 1/2 orange (or more if desired)
      • 1 1/2 tablespoons arrowroot starch

• 12oz sugar snap peas
    • olive oil spray
    • juice from 1/2 lemon
    • 1 1/2 lb flank steak, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
    • 2 cups cooked white rice
    • Garnish:
      • orange wedge
      • sesame seeds
Steps

• Mix together the ingredients for the sauce EXCEPT for the arrowroot. Season to taste with sriracha, soy and orange juice. Set aside along with arrowroot.
    • Set a large nonstick skillet on high heat. Once the pan is hot, add sugar snap peas. Continuously stir the peas so they don’t burn, but you will char the outside, about 3 minutes. Empty the peas from the skillet, then place the skillet back on the heat.
    • Add the chopped beef. Sear the outside of the beef until you reach your desired readiness, about 4 to 8 minutes. Once you’ve reached your desired readiness of beef, reduce the heat of the skillet, and make a hole in the skillet.
    • Add the arrowroot to the sauce, mix well, then pour it into the skillet. As soon as the sauce begins to bubble and thicken, remove the skillet from the heat and immediately and continuously fold the beef in the sauce. Remove the beef from the skillet and then garnish with sesame seeds and green onion.
    • Assemble the meals – evenly divide the meat among 4 containers (or your number of servings), then rice (or cauliflower rice), and sugar snap peas.

• Summer Art Contest: Freestyle
Canadian Rainforest by @TrienDarkform

• Week 19-20: Forwards and Backwards Poem
Forward and Backward Poem - “Daydreams/Insomnia” by @riki

As the day slowly fades into darkness
I lay on my bed
With my loved one slumbering next to me
For random thoughts keep me awake
To no avail
I try my best to shut my mind
But fears and worries refuse to let me be
I stare out the open window
I linger in my bed restlessly and prepare myself for another day
As the night slowly turns into dawn

• Week 21-22: Naruto Avatar & Signature
Art Contest - Naruto Avatar & Signature Set: A little Naruto Compilation by @Valhalla777

• Week 23-24: Wind Music/Video
Windblown Alang-Alang by @Kiki

• Week 25-26: Affection Photography
Ao Teu Lado by @Farfalla

• Week 27-28: Cat Short Story
Please don't kill me by @MarmaladeSky

There you are. Looking at me with those chartreuse eyes. Your soft fur, black and white. Blessed with a phallic facial marking. You jump in my arms, insist I support you while you try to suffocate me. And I, I can't resist. I hold you even though there I can hardly breathe or see what's in front of me. It's warm.

After a couple of minutes you have decided you have enough. You don't want me. Slapping me in my face with your pink toebeans. I get it. I petted you for too long. Walking away, trying to find a spot to sleep. Without any humans, for the naps you are oh so devoted to.

It's hard to imagine a life without you. All the scars, stolen food, the furry layer on all of my clothes and ruined wallpaper. I think I even like the rejection. An hour passes. You were quiet, sleeping on a chair that you have claimed as your own. You stand up. Very quietly, almost like one of those ghosts you like to stare at. Slowly creeping closer with your big eyes. You pounce, jumping on my chest and in my arms. And I wonder, will you murder me or hug me?

• Autumn Art Contest: MH community freestyle
Autumn Art Contest Freestyle - MH Community: Fresh Ladies by @Farfalla

• Halloween Art Contest: Cosplay and Costumes
Halloween Art Contest: Costume and Cosplay- Sweeney Todd and Mrs. Lovett by @Organizized

• Week 29-30: Digimon Banner
The Original Gang by @Belserion

• Week 31-32: Mecha Coloring
Mecha Coloring - Roll Out Comic Style by @Ustegius

• Winter Art Contest: Freestyle
My Wintery Home by @Valhalla777

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Art Contests from 2020

• Week 01-02: Family Photography
Tranquil life by @Charlie

The Prickly Four by @MarmaladeSky

• Valentines Day Art Contest - Artwork of the Couple
Valentine Art Contest - ''The bickering yet lovey dovey witches things" by @Purity of Magi and @MarmaladeSky

• Week 03-04: Isekai Writing
Out of the five participants, these four all had the same amount of votes.

Spit and Spank by @Raven

Ch.1 : Nasty fate

A man named "Medas Lebas" was seeking immortality. He wondered the lands for so long until he meet a crazy man who spit on ppl from his balcony with the speed of light. Medas heared the people of this area talking about this crazy man and that he lived for centuries and no one ever dogged his spit. Medas thought if he dodged the spit the man would help in his task and share his secret. Medas approached with care, He crouched and his hands were poised on the ground and springed ahead and dodged every spit with high skill. The crazy man got surprised by Medas's speed. But he still got tricks in his spit arsenal. He collected a huge portion of salavia in his mouth and spit it with all his might towards Medas. The spit speed was off the charts it caused a void gate in the atmosphere while traveling to Medas's face. The moment it touched his face, he disappeared and the gate closed.

Ch.2 : The deadly spanker

Medas found himself thrown in the same area, He fell on the ground then stood up and saw someone looks exactly like him getting spanked so hard by a crazy man. The spank was so strong, His counterpart disappeared just like what happened to him in his world. He realized that he is in a parallel universe. The crazy man turned his face and found Medas again, He got confused then admitted defeat. He thought Medas was faster than his spank and dodged it for the 2nd time. Medas took advantage of his ignorance.

Medas: "Tell me your secrets, I guess that how you reward me"
The crazy man replied "I don't give anything for free but we can exchange our secrets".
Medas: "Fair enough but i won and you have to tell me first, tell me about your immortality"
Crazy man: "There is a hidden place in this world and only few know of it"
Medas: "What place and how can i reach it?"
Crazy man: "My turn is over, I won't say more until you give me some answers as well, Tell me how you survived my spank, I felt your ass in my hands!"
Medas: "Illusion!, I tricked you with my powers"
The crazy man in confusion: "I never heard of this power before, I know them all"
Medas: "Well! not all of them i guess"
Crazy man: "I will take you to that place but in return you will have to teach me once we arrive there"
Medas: "Sure!, But first you have to tell me the name of the place"
Crazy man: "It's called "Fuckious Manikous"
Medas: "Tomorrow we move to this place, What do you think?"
Crazy man: "as you wish"

Ch.3: Guilt

Medas was so happy about his progress in his journey but he realized he is in deep trouble, The guy who will escort him is very powerful and at some point will know about his lies so he had to plan against the crazy man, The next morning, Medas went to the crazy man and told him he is ready. The crazy man snaped his finger and Medas found himself teleported to Fuckious Manikous. Medas told the crazy man that the time has come to teach him the illusion powers. He offered him a drink and told him he will gain the powers once he drink it. The crazy man accepted it, Soon after the crazy man collapsed. Medas took his sword and cut the crazy man's body into little pieces out of fear. He continued exploring the place and found many temples, Each temple contain a unique power. All power temples gates were opened but the immortality temple gate. It was written on the temple wall. No murderer will have this power. Medas spent the whole night crying until he fainted.

Ch.4: Redemption

Medas woke up and took a walk and found time travel temple gate, He entered the gate and took the powers. He was so happy that he can fix what he did. He used it and traveled back before he offer the drink to the crazy man. He confronted him and told him the truth that he don't have any power and explained that he is from another world. The crazy man was so angry and he was beating Medas so hard.

Medas expressing his feeling while bleeding on the ground "The rust of the years is covering me and dust of the journey is blinding me, The vapours of tobacco with my heartbreak are leaking from my mortal lungs, I really challenged the world. I got defeated so bad but i never accepted it. I did not realize the meaning of my life and this is my tragedy. To conclude this story, No time would be enough. The light is fading"

Ch.5: Ending

Medas is fainted and the crazy man got so emotional. He carried Medas to the temple of immortality. Medas is now immortal. The crazy spanker man spanked Medas so hard it spent him back to his world. There he woke up and found the crazy spitter man in his face, They hugged then they took separated routes.

The End

Departure by @TrienDarkform

Two lenses caught the rays of the sunrise and teased them together, and as the light grew, a faint halo started to form in the air where they converged. The man garbed in a black cloak nodded in satisfaction. The alignment was good, but the light wasn’t yet strong enough. Hearing footsteps, he looked over to see a figure step over the nearby ridge.

“Sure I can’t convince you to hold off for a while longer, Lhilt?” she asked. “This might be the first time we can make a stable gate, but it’s not like the flow of magic is going to get any weaker.”

“Mom! Is he really leaving right now?” came the voice of a young girl from the other side of the ridge. The two turned to watch her scramble over it, and with a running jump throw herself at Lhilt in a hug, counting on him to catch her.

“Dae, you know you’re too big to do that!” scolded Tresh, but Lhilt only laughed.

Vaedan, the winded father came afterwards, panting from keeping up with his energetic daughter. “Here, better take this before I forget,” he said, holding out a leather-bound book.

Placing Dae back on the ground, Lhilt took the journal, “Did you get all the numbers, and check all the drift corrections?”

Vaedan nodded, “Got them all checked. The map’s as accurate as it’s going to get.”

A hiss came from the gate, and everyone turned to watch the image start to solidify. “Another year, and it’d be a thunderclap that’d be heard all the way down the valley,” Lhilt murmured. Kneeling to eye level with Dae, he put on a smile and said, “Lhilt’s leaving on his adventure now. Take care of mom and dad, okay?”

“I will!” she replied.

Standing up, he embraced the other two, “Thank you. You’re still family, even if not related by blood.” Swallowing against the lump in his throat, he stepped back.

Tresh met his eyes evenly, “We’ve kept your secret for a hundred generations, and it will stay secret. We’ll guard our copy of the book, and the lenses. We’ll be safe.”

“Bury them,” warned Lhilt, “The waning of the flow of magic after I arrived those thousands of years ago kept you safe, but as it waxes strong again anyone can open a gate to here. You can’t afford to be revealed.”

“Don’t worry, we know,” responded Vaedan with a slight smile, “You’ve certainly told us enough times! We’ve got your signet for only if in case we have to come find you.”

“I know, I just worry,” relented Lhilt, “It’s a long ways back to my home world, and I want to be far away before any trace of magic hints I was here. I only hope it doesn’t take too long for the council to figure out how to guard the gate system.”

The sound from the gate settled into a deep hum, and Lhilt sighed, “Time to go, I guess.” The family stepped back to give him room as his form grew in size. Black scales formed across his skin, his cloak changing into a pair of giant wings, and a tail forming behind. Taking a step into the portal, he turned to look back for a moment, straddling the threshold between worlds. It was time to go home, yes, but the next journey had just begun.

Testing by @Farfalla

“Hello, Linali.

You are getting this alert as an announcement that Manga Helpers is no longer a forum based community, but a virtual reality one. This is also an invitation to our beta immersion platform. You may access it with the use of your preferred VR device - just follow the instructions below and enjoy this community upgrade.

Best regards, Pat.”

Linali blinked twice and scratched her head. She grabbed her VR helmet and put it on. Following the instructions, she was led to what seemed to be a dressing room, tidily arranged, with all kinds of clothes organized in hangers and a comfortable dressing table. Some cats were sleeping around it, and a cute asian looking girl, dressed in a tight black leather suit, was inviting her to take a seat by the table, with a smile on her face.

“Uh… Weird additions to the place, but I guess those are stamps from the design team, Marmalade and Kiki?”

She proceeded to the dressing table and found an undistinguished image in the mirror.

“Select your gender”. A floating message popped up in front of her.

“Female.” She thought. And just like that, the face of a girl took shape on the glassy surface. After she was done, a door appeared at the end of the room, and she walked out of it bearing her new selected looks: a blue eyed girl, of average size, with dark curly hair, wearing a magical girl suit with a pink wand - she couldn’t help herself when she saw that outfit preset.

Right outside of the place, she ran into a boy with curly brown hair and green eyes. He had a list on his hands and walked towards her the moment he noticed her presence.

“We’re starting a Sheep Game soon, hosted by Orgz, do you wanna join it?” He asked.

“Hm, sure.” She blushed. She didn’t expect to meet someone so soon. “You can add me: Linali.”

The boy opened a big smile. “Oh? Now this will be interesting… I’m GrySun, by the way.”

“Oh, please, you guys will just make me the winner again.” She said, giggling.

Yes, this already felt like her usual cozy place, and testing the new version of the Sheep Game seemed fun, until her device suddenly went off.

“What…?” She removed her helmet and was back in her room. Tried to connect it again, but just couldn’t return to Manga Helpers. She stood up from her computer desk feeling upset, the idea of not returning to the community, maybe forever, was unsettling. She went out of her room to get some air and walked into what seemed to be a dormitory corridor.

“Heeeh!?” Right in front of her, there was a closed door saying ‘#kickxi0’.

“That’s Vici’s thread!!!” She looked at the very end of the corridor where a sign bore the saying “Member Zone”. Instead of losing the community for good, she seemed to be trapped in it… People started to get out of the rooms with familiar sayings, gathering in the corridor. All of them got the same message popping in front of them:

“It is with great joy that I proclaim you, our beloved and distinguished members, as part of our neural research and improvement program. Remember to have fun but not too much fun!

~Your favourite Count.”

Chocolatemilked by @MarmaladeSky

With her eyes still half closed, Josie staggered out of her bedroom. Carefully feeling a smooth, cool surface, searching for the doorhandle. Found it. Two steps forward, two steps to the right. She held out her hand and pulled the handle. A soft light illuminated the room. Peering into the fridge, and yes. There it was. She found it. The chocolate milk she dreamed about. A creamy liquid, tasty and sweet. Her cravings that conquered sleep and had her climb from her warm, fluffy bed.
She took the yellow carton, unscrewed the cap. And that's when she heard it

Hihihihi.

A giggling sound broke the silence. What. Josie stared sleepily at the carton. Rubbing her eyes with her free hand. This must have been her imagination. She raised the carton to her lips and-

Hihihihi.

She almost let the chocolatemilk carton slip out of her hands. There was the sound again, it sounded so nearby. Almost as if it came out of the carton.

"All very funny" muttered Josie. Must have been her brother playing pranks on her. She once again raised the carton and peeked into it, trying to see what's making the noise.
A white, harsh light blinded her. Her feet were pulled off the ground, a warm, strong wind dragged her away. A wind suddenly fell and Josie landed on to the ground, face forward. Everything around her turned black.

"Do you think he'll be nice?"
"Is he really going to save us?"
"He doesn't look that strong at all ..."

Whispering voices around her. Josie slowly opened her eyes. Three faces were the first thing she saw. Kids faces.
She bolted up straight. The three jumped back, but stood around her. Josie studied them carefully.

"Who ... what are you doing in my house?" She said. "And who are you?"

The children looked at each other, confused.

"My lord.... we are in a forest." Said one of them wearing a red hat. Josie's gaze flashed to the ground. Grass. What.
"This cannot be true". She mumbled and pinched her arm a couple of times, but nothing seemed to happen.
"My lord, please don't hurt yourself. Her Majesty will kill us if we deliver you harmed"

"What the hell are you talking about? And MY LORD?" She rubbed her face with her hand. Huh that's strange. She rubbed again. It felt like a beard.
"WHAT IS THI-" Multiple pairs of hands covered her mouth.

"My lord, please don't be so loud, they'll find us." Said the redhatted child.

"Yes, my lord, You are not strong enough yet, we must not be found" The voice of a yellowhatted child that was now awfully close to her. Josie stared at the children one by one.
The third, greenhatted child started rumbling in his backpack.

"Don't worry, we will protect you." He handed her a flask. "Drink this, you will feel better."
She took it carefully and opened the flask.
And that's when the smell hit her.
The smell of chocolate milk.

• Week 06-05: Anime Nostalgia Avatar & Signature Set
"We were angels" by @revo

• Week 07-08: Sketches on Schoolbooks
Unknown Dragonby @rapstar

• Spring Contest: Freestyle
Spring Art Contest - Spring Freestyle: Avatar&Signature Set -"The Tree that represents Life..." by @Seraph

• Week 09-10: Home Decoration Photography
Home Decoration Photography Contest Inside the bookcase by @MarmaladeSky

• Week 11-12: Time Poetry
Time - ''A long lost time, watching from afar'' - by @Purity of Magi

Like the lost soul of a loved one
The time just pass by
Small footsteps sounds been hearing from afar
A soft voice hears quickly passing by
A lovely soft giggle approaching so fast
Time just flies

There were sweet moments though
From a long time ago It was delightful yet sorrowful
Every day, every hour, every minute, every second
A dark night, the moon so bright, the shadow appears
Wishing it could last forever
Time just flies

There was happines, yet so much regret
Time just passes by
It's like a beloved one;
Watching from afar, lasting for long
A memory of beauty, silently waiting
From a long lost time

T
ime - “The Yesteryears” by @riki

It feels like yesterday
When we used to play
In front of my house
Jumping through sprinkler
And riding our bikes from here and there
Our laughter and screams filled the whole town

It feels like yesterday
That we used to sit on my bed
Braiding our hairs
And painting our nails
While talking about our latest crushes
And gossiping about the latest trends

It feels like yesterday
That we became roommates
During our college years
Where we commiserated
over tough courses
And get drunk with cheap beer

It feels like yesterday
That I finally got married
After years of searching my prince
Amongst the frogs
You were my maid of honor
Like I was in yours

Years passed
Where has the time been?
I sensed that we’re drifting apart
We no longer keep in touch
But it’s nobody’s fault
You have your own life
And I have mine

Nevertheless, I still miss those days
When I would rappity rap at your door
As you called out my name
To come inside and chat

Maybe one day
We can rekindle our friendship once more
Until then
You will always be in my thoughts
My dearest friend

• Week 13-14: Fate Franchise Banner

Fate Franchise Banner: ''Fight, forgive and live'' by @Purity of Magi

• Week 15-16: Kimetsu no Yaiba Coloring
The Kamado siblings + Shinobu" by @Purity of Magi

• Week 17-18: Macro Photography
Teratai by @Kiki

• Summer Art Contest: Indoor Gardening Photography
Evil living by @Evil3ye

• Week 19-20: Story with a terrible opening writing
NANDATO!!! by @Purity of Magi

Entry no.1: "NANDATO!!!" by Purity of Magi

''NANDATO?! ORE WA SUGOI NE! AAAAAAAAAH!'' Said the guy screaming in the room with all his mighty power inside of him as he jumped up and down continuesly.

The girl looked at confusing to the guy. ''What?''.

The guy turned one time around as he pointed his finger towards the girl while having sparkles around. ''Just what I am saying NANDATO!!! WATASHI WA SUGOI DESU! AAAAAAAAAAH.''

The girl had this unamused look on her face ''What the fuck are you even talking about dude? Have you been smoking some crack, yesterday?''

'"No clue, but I am trying to write a story as you can see here.'' He looked at her with a big grin on his face and express himself as if he is trying to do some important work while just standing in the middle of the room being his dumb silly self.

''But you aren't even writing, you are literally jumping up and down here in the room. The better question I can ask myself is why do we even share a room together or better said, why are we even friends to begin with? Jesus... may god know...'' The girl sighed deeply and tries to continue doing her work. ''Hmm... perhaps what if...'' The girl got some sudden inspiration as she moved her arms faster with the work she is currently doing. The guy looked over at the girl and walks towards her direction as he approached her, looking over her shoulder slowly. ''What are you actually doing?''

''I for once, am I doing my work here like a normal human being unlike you who is only talking a lot of nonesene and, of course... DISTRACTING THE SHIT OUT OF ME. So please, let me continue while I have finally some inspiration.'' The girl tried to get all her focus as she tries to continue her work. However, all of the sudden the guy behind her hugged her tighly as he blows in her ear. ''Woosh~''. The girl got caught off guard, shivered a slightly bit as she screams annoyed ''WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!''

''I am bored so..... I want to have a bit of fun. Now come here and let's have some fun together like true friends'' He tried to do another blow in her ear, however the girl got quickly annoyed and kicked in his face with her fist. ''YOU GET OUT'' She stood up and threw her out of the room in a kind of funny chibi cartoonish way. ''Now sit there for the rest of the day.'' She closed the door and walked back to her desk. A huge sigh of relief escaped her mouth. ''Finally..'''

The guy was pouting and knocked on the door a few times. ''Oh come now, don't be like that. It's weekend and the heat can somethings do these things. Now be a nice friend and open the door for me''

''No.''

''Come come just open it, I know you want it''

''No.''

''Open open open~''

''No.''

The guy sighed and just sit in the front of the door. ''You are no fun.'' He grabbed randomly a snack out of his pocket and nibbled on it. ''Fine, we will have our fun next time for sure. Mark my words! ~ <3''

''No. Now go and die you idiot.''

The end of an usual weekend day of two friends~

• Week 21-22: Animal Crossing Avatar & Signature set
The raccoon/tanuki family - by @Purity of Magi

• Week 25-26: Symbol/Representation of yourself Photography
A literal Marmalade Sky - by @MarmaladeSky

''I cant think of a title'' by @Purity of Magi

• Week 27-28: A letter to your future-self writing
Just a little reminder as usual - by @Purity of Magi
Yoooo,

Yes, of course, I am talking to you, the old me. Yes, exactly, YOU right there. Unless you are someone else then something might went wrong, but hopefully that isn't the case.. just saying. Anyway, when you read this you might think ‘’jesus what was I even thinking back then?’’ but at this very moment you just felt like writing yourself a message for a couple of reasons perhaps, but you know what? That is totally okay. Perhaps, somewhere in a not all too far away future, the older me, of course, if you already haven’t passed away, will read this again and have exactly the thought that I write here. Sounds kinda funny to read this in a present tense, right? Regardless, maybe at this stage of life you have accomplished a few things that you certainly wanted to do or you have become a terrible hobo and you are now on crack, who knows. The future can be a scary place.

Regardless, I just felt like to tell you that no matter what happens, no what matter people say, life can and always will be fair and unfair at times. Many ups and downs you have probably already been through, but remember that being successful isn’t everything. The most important part is that you always have to remember that you are who you are. Do not forget where you are from, do not try to change for the most unnecessary ''points'' or anything, and believe what you always have believed in.

You only have one chance to life and, in the end, there is a task that you have yet to accomplish. Perhaps you have already done that or that you are still at that stage to try to fulfil it. You have to make the best out of yourself. Also, try to enjoy your time, do not stick yourself with many tasks and grab for once a nice and long vacation. You deserve it after all and do not dare to try to make an excuse and say that you do not have time for it. Remember that time will simply pass by, even quicker than you might expect and at this point you might even regret that you couldn’t do what you truly wanted to do. It is never too late to start now, but it is too late if you will not take actions for it.

So do not make the same mistake again. You fall, you stand up, you learn and you keep walking because that is something you have always been done. For the rest, I basically do not have much to say further, because sometimes you just had that moment that you need to write your though down and probably will forget in a few days. So a reminder doesn’t sound too bad at all, does it? With other words: stop pouting there and stand up, you silly fool.

PS: Bernkastel is great and so is Arba. These were your two favorites back then and they should be loved again you motha fuckah!

Peace.

Special Art Contest: Autumn Freestyle

Tiny Mushrooms by @MarmaladeSky

Special Art Contest: Halloween Freestyle

Hetaween by @Purity of Magi

• Week #29-30: One Piece Banner Contest
One Piece Banner by @Erinyes

• Week #31-32: Meme of your favourite character drawing
Uno meme by @Purity of Magi

Special Art Contest: Winter "Santa" group contest
The Grinch team - @sakura-aneki, @revo and @MarmaladeSky

Banner