EDIT: Catch all the news and updates for Ultimo at the Ultimo discussion thread!
JUMP SQ II (pronounced Jump Square Second) is an extra issue of JUMP SQ (something like Akamaru JUMP is to Weekly Jump) and the inaugural issue will be released on April 18th with a huge bang!
The issue will come with a special Book in Book (also known as, an extra booklet), Stan Lee the Book. Inside you'll find:
- The world's first America-Japan collaboration project between Stan Lee and Takei Hiroyuki (mangaka of Shaman King) titled Karakuri Douji ULTIMO (機巧童子ULTIMO).
- A detailed profile and introduction of Stan Lee.
- Stan Lee Heroes Tribute Illustration!!! Featuring original art by Katsura Masakazu (I"s, Video Girl Ai), Murata Kousuke (Eyeshield 21), Minowa Yukata (animator for Madhouse), Yamamoto Yamato (Kure-nai), Endou Tatsuya (Tista) and MORE!!
Some known facts about the Stan Lee and Takei Hiroyuki collaboration, Karakuri Douji ULTIMO:
* It's a prologue chapter (i.e., there will be more chapters to come)
* 32 pages in the starting chapter
* 3 color pages (a single color page and a double color page spread)
Summary of the story:
|High above Farmless City, citizens are stunned by the sudden appearance of two floating figures. Are they human boys, monolithic robots, or something much more strange? As the battle ensues between them, destruction and devastation falls on the hapless city. One figure is Vice, and seems to be as evil as his name implies. The other is Ultimo, intent on trying to stop Vice from wreaking more havoc. But who are Vice and Ultimo really? Where did they come from? A new mystery begins with the fate of the world possibly hanging in the balance!
More information about Karakuri Douji ULTIMO can be found at the Viz Press Release
The rest of the SQ II magazine will feature extra chapters of SQ series such as Kure-nai, Tista, Gag Manga Biyori, Tegami Bachi and Rozario and Vampire, as well as gag manga extra chapters for Tsumikabatsu, Sekai no Chuushin and Chaos Kitchen. There will also be furoku (gifts) included with the magazine, such as a clear file for Embalming, a poster for Kure-nai (which is joined to the poster that came with SQ #5), and a collage poster for Musical Tennis no Oujisama.
The rest of the magazine, which forms the majority of the pages, will contain one shot stories by newcomers as well as Jump mangaka. So look forward to some great manga!