Here you will find a run down of today's anime and manga news! If anything major happened the anime and manga world today, you'll find it in this post! By the way, I'm saladesu, one of the translators and global moderators of MH, and I'll be posting a post like this every day (as much as possible, anyway). Look forward to them ;)
Samurai Factory Calls for Manga Donations for Quake Victims Company hopes to bring peace back into the lives of the children affected by the quake by restoring an important part of their daily lives - manga.
A message on Samurai Factory's Ninja Tools website reads, "Won't you send even a tiny amount of peace, to the children living uncertain lives in shelters, by sending them the manga and picture books that sleep untouched on your bookshelves?"
Samurai Factory is starting a manga donation campaign for the quake victims via its service Ninja Tools. Over 170,000 have been rendered homeless and are now living in shelters after the earthquake struck last month. Although they are now living their lives in a balance and need daily necessities most, children need emotional and mental care as well, and one way of doing this is by restoring a part of their daily lives, something that would give them peace and tranquility - manga. Specifically, donations of the manga that lay sleeping, untouched, on your bookshelves.original source
SHO-Comi to be made Available Free Online Shogakukan also plans to make "Big Comic Spirits", "Puchi Comic", "Betsucomi", "Cheese!" and "Flowers" available in the days to come, along with "Shounen Sunday".
Earlier, it was reported
that "Shounen Sunday" would be made available on the webcomic online reader "Club Sunday" from the 5th. Now, it has been reported that "SHO-Comi" will also be made available on "Sho-Comi Net", this time from the 7th of April. The magazines "Big Comic Spirits", "Puchi Comic", "Betsucomi", "Cheese!" and "Flowers" will also be made available on the mobile site "Comic Shogakukan" from the 7th onwards.original source
NEC Big Globe Develops Android E-Book Store Store to provide English-translated manga as well.
On the 4th of April, NEC Big Globe announced that it was working on an e-book store that would cater to manga readers in Japan and the USA, mainly aimed at those using android smartphones and tablets. It aims to have up to 100,000 volumes by end March 2013, and make profits of around 1 billion yen.
First, it will provide around 300 volumes, including "Rose of Versailles", domestically. It will also provide around 150 volumes, including the internationally popular "Appleseed", all in English, aimed at the western market. Users will need to download an application before they can read.
There are also plans to make it compatible with Apple's iPhones, and the current plan is to set up the e-book business in Europe (namely France) and Asia (namely Taiwan) this summer.original source
Oricon Comic Ranking, March 21-27 New volumes of Ookiku Furikabutte, Soul Eater, Moyashimon and Angel Heart 2nd Season make the top 10.
Kimi ni Todoke, Uchuu Kyoudai, Shura no Mon Dai-ni-mon, Suki Desu, Ace of Diamond and Working!! fill out the rest of the top 10.
- Ookiku Furikabutte #16 (245,034)
- Soul Eater #19 (173,136)
- Kimi ni Todoke #13 (153,402/888,521)
- Moyashimon #10 (142,080)
- Angel Heart 2nd Season #1 (96,785)
- Uchū Kyōdai #13 (92,951)
- Shura no Mon Dai-ni-mon #1 (81,397/119,296)
- Suki Desu Suzuki-kun!! #11 (79,040)
- Ace of Diamond #25 (78,424/169,463)
- Working!! #9 (77,787)
- High School Debut #14 (76,905)
- Hajime no Ippo #95 (67,665/153,376)
- Air Gear #31 (63,746/142,800)
- Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha ViVid #3 (55,496/58,430)
- Kidō Senshi Gundam-san Nanatsume no Kan#7 (53,902/55,881)
- Deadman Wonderland #9 (53,443)
- Shitsuji-sama no Okiniiri #10 (51,488/81,165)
- Mahō Senki Lyrical Nanoha Force #3 (49,897/52,440)
- Switch Girl!! #15 (48,003)
- Infinite Stratos #3 (47,298)
- Pandora Hearts #14 (43,717)
- xxxHOLiC #19 (42,830/313,818)
- Nagasarete Airantou #18 (42,353)
- Darker than Black: Shikkoku no Hana #4 (40,496)
- Usogui #20 (38,875/61,360)
- W Juliet II #3 (38,627/63,403)
- Capeta #24 (38,450/88,009)
- Oresama Teacher #10 (38,243/59,587)
- Ōji to Majo to Himegimi to #3 (37,318/57,496)
- RIN-NE (Kyōkai no Rinne) #7 (37,046/56,698)
Please note that there may be delays in the broadcasts or releases of certain anime and manga following the quake. You may see a list of affected publications here
If you would like to help in finding and translating news of this nature, please contact saladesu via PM
^^ Feel free to PM me any interesting bits of anime or manga news you find floating around the internet, too.