Here you will find a run down of today's anime and manga news! If anything major happened the anime and manga world today, you'll find it in this post! By the way, I'm saladesu, one of the translators and global moderators of MH, and I'll be posting a post like this every day (as much as possible, anyway). Look forward to them ;)
Service Started for Crowd Sourcing Manga and Anime Translations Various other services including transcribing, typesetting and editing.
Realworld started a translation service on "CROWD
", a crowd sourcing enterprise service. Translation costs are ¥0.6 per character, and digitalization of the article costs ¥0.2 per character.
CROWD is a crowd sourcing service where the affairs of an enterprise can be outsourced via the internet via Realworld's member platform "REALWORLD" which has a membership of 7,600,000. The translation service will tap on these members on the internet.
Working on the assumption that the service could be used for distributing anime and manga overseas, apart from the translation service, there will also be transcribing off and typesetting services onto digital images as well as the removal of sound effects and quality checks. Each translation would undergo one round of checks by another user to ensure the quality of the translation.
In Realworld itself, they are working on increasing the accuracy of the translations, getting more members and attaining a working structure, and attempting to hit 10,000 translations by September.original source
Crunchyroll to Stream Anime Over Smartphone Apps "Ore-tachi ni Tsubasa wa nai" and "Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi" will be available this April.
Crunchyroll was behind the major milestone in the distribution of Japanese anime to the rest of the world, being the first to provide simulcasts. Now, Crunchyroll will be starting its anime distribution services within Japan itself. They are cooperating with Marvelous Entertainment to stream two new series over Android and iPhone apps in April. The two series are "Ore-tachi ni Tsubasa wa nai" and "Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi".
They have developed smartphone applications for this purpose. For both the series being streamed, they will be made available immediately after being aired on national television. The app itself is free to download, and users may watch the first episode and the promotion videos for free, but if they wish to watch the whole series, they will need to pay ¥1540.
Apart from these two series, Crunchyroll plans to make more and more series available via smartphone applications within the year.original source
Oricon Comic Ranking, April 4-10 New volumes of Gintama, Shingeki no Kyojin, Ouran High School Host Club, Worst and Toriko make the top 5.
Ao no Exorcist, Sket Dance, Ookami Heika no Hanayome, Gakuen Baby Sitters, Drop and Hanma Baki fill out the rest of the top 10 for a completely new-release dominated top 10.
- Gintama Volume 39 (314,393/314,393)
- Shingeki no Kyojin Volume 4 (266,812/266,812)
- Ouran High School Host Club Volume 18 (235,952/235,952)
- Worst Volume 26 (177,168/177,168)
- Toriko Volume 14 (175,531/175,851)
- Ao no Exorcist Volume 6 (141,519/141,809)
- Sket Dance Volume 18 (139,022/139,263)
- Ookami Heika no Hanayome Volume 4 (64,650/64,650)
- Gakuen Baby Sitters Volume 3 (62,865/62,865)
- Drop Volume 13 (61,352/61,352)
- Hanma Baki Volume 28 (58,878/58,878)
- Sengoku Tensouki Volume 10 (53,692/53,692)
- Hapimari~Happy Marriage!?~ Volume 6 (48,200/48,200)
- Kimi ni Todoke Volume 13 (46,181/1,016,056)
- Moyashimon Volume 10 (45,087/311,477)
- Shinjuku Swan Volume 26 (44,522/44,522)
- Ookiku Furikabutte Volume 16 (43,568/389,811)
- Yozakura Quartet Volume 10 (39,036/39,036)
- Omamori Himari Volume 8 (38,532/38,532)
- Ookiami to Koushinryou Volume 6 (36,872/36,872)
- Koukou Debut Volume 14 (35,815/196,681)
- Majou Shoujo Madoka Magica Volume 2 (31,820/138,181)
- Five Star Stories Reboot Volume 2 (30,958/30,958)
- Higanjima Saigo no 47 Nichikan Volume 2 (30,274/30,274)
- Soul Eater Volume 19 (27,584/265,407)
- Clover Volume 21 (27,309/27,309)
- Sekiichi Hatsukoi~Onodera Ritsu no Baai~ Volume 5 (26,527/85,436)
- Swith Girl!! Volume 15 (25,699/130,530)
- Maken-ki! Volume 6 (24,938/24,938)
- Ousama no Shitateya Volume 30 (24,778/25,015)
Please note that there may be delays in the broadcasts or releases of certain anime and manga following the quake. You may see a list of affected publications here
If you would like to help in finding and translating news of this nature, please contact saladesu via PM
^^ Feel free to PM me any interesting bits of anime or manga news you find floating around the internet, too.